(2004) Brides of year 2004

doremon

Hi gals,

another good lobang to share!!

$988 AD photography package with the following:

1. Up to 12 hours of service
2. unlimited digital photos with enhancements. Meaning she will develop all photos taken on your AD. In other words, if she take 800 pose then after some selection, left 600 pose, she will develop all for you.
3. OR you can opt for a 18 pages of collage album - 8R collage in a 12 by 12" album.

IF you want both 4R and collage album, then just need to add in another $400.

If you don't want the collage album, then u get the 4R albums x 2.

If you want collage album, then no 4R albums.

Promotion end by 31st dec 2003. Her no to call:

cyn

rose... yup ROM in paradiso. i think i've booked the room from 630 - 700.. then proceed to cocktail. is ur relatives attending the church service? if most are attending, better to do it after the service. so u wont ve to prepare early for the dinner. can rest more. cos of my ROM, my makeup artist ve to come ard 430. so early.

nope. haven collect my album yet.. shd be soon... u?

doremon

Hi gals,

another good lobang to share!!

$988 AD photography package with the following:

1. Up to 12 hours of service
2. unlimited digital photos with enhancements. Meaning she will develop all photos taken on your AD. In other words, if she take 800 pose then after some selection, left 600 pose, she will develop all for you.
3. OR you can opt for a 18 pages of collage album - 8R collage in a 12 by 12" album.

IF you want both 4R and collage album, then just need to add in another $400.

If you don't want the collage album, then u get the 4R albums x 2.

If you want collage album, then no 4R albums.

Promotion end by 31st dec 2003. Her no to call:

Note: i posted this same lobang in the dec thread becos i not sure whether do you gals check here or there. Pls pardon me for the same postings. :p

ingenue78

hi yoyo,
muz take care of yr health leh...me also down with bad sore throat...
my GDL is on Boxing Day...heheheh. i think my hubby gonna settle everything by this weekend
Have u got everything prepared? me getting really kan cheong...

hi cin_p,
was really upset 2 weeks back coz i realised tt my gowns were too tight!!!! urghhh!!!! luckily managed to lose some kgs within these 2 weeks...trying to maintain or lose even more by abstaining from all fried food!!! maybe it's a blessing in disguise tt i've got sore throat...

oraia

hi piglets

dun worri, out of the many many OTR gowns, i'm sure one will catch ur fancy
happy.gif

have fun ok? tell us which one u chose!! and wat it looks like! heee..

orh... ur new hse in bkt panjang... so i'll be near you in 2 yrs' time ;p

fifi,

orh, ur new hse is punggol ah? me not gg to live in punggol, me gg to live yew tee... but TOP only in 2006, so meantime stay at my fiance's hse after getting married loh.
happy.gif

xiawei

YES. i will have the tea ceremony after the church services in hotel function room.
don't want to have make up so early.
i collect my album oredi , why yours so long?
did u pay for the paradiso room? if yes, how much they charge?

lly

Hi fifi,

I'm planning to move in by mid of next yr..so no hurry now..can spend more time searching for nice, nice furnitures.

Hi doremon,

U also stay in SK? Which part of SK? My new hse is at Anchorvale. Currently under reno...

piglets

Hi oraia

Actually my package is MTM but im lazy.... Ok i will let you noe wat i have choose... Ohhhh your hse in Yew Tee, im currently staying in CCk my mum hse. So near maybe we can mit each other and make good friend.

Im curious why you nid to wait till 2006, but all yew tee hse all have been develop.

keann

Emmeline:
Hmmm...you got yourself into a sticky situation...i think you may have to communicate with the seller...if not.....i tik ebay can take action...wat action...i am not sure...but pls pls pls... you have to think about bidding seriously for an item before you actually commit. I am not sure if you can just ignore the seller.....did anyone send you emails yet? like from the seller?

emmeline

Hi DJ,

YEAH LOr.. thats why can get into such shit..!!.. oops, pardon the word. Now nearing Xmas mah, so office got nothing much to do also.

Is it ? U mean YK does digital photography too ?
if thats the case, then i can email him again... coz i thot i rem'd he said traditional only.. coz he always talk abt 'rolls of film/negatives'.

I still have to source for ideas for wedding cards, and accessories...

k lah, can tell u a little something abt my homework. Went to check out The Card Shop at The Adelphi. Cards are a bit old and traditional type.. & they still charge like $3.00 plus somemore...
angry.gif

Actually they have a few categories of cards lah.. ranging from albums starting frm 0.70cents/card to about $3.00 plus.
0.70 cents type are the clearance stock kind.
Very simple and plain, and small too.
Basically nothing really caught my eye & i was quite disappointed. When i asked abt printing, they calculated for us : Eg. for 0.70 cents card, inclusive of printing will still come up to about $2.25 per card. Thats expensive !!
Ok lah, for me it is. Plus the card isn't that nice.
angry.gif

Then second shop we saw was The Wedding Giftshop at Marina Square. At least this one had much more presentable cards, some pretty creative. But it costs about $4.40 per card including printing. But there are Almost died hearing the price too...
sigh... is it so hard to find something good and cheap ? looks like we will have to do the card ourselves in that case....sigh...
blush.gif

Keann : Got something to tell u. Guess u must be busy having convo now. Congrats on your graduation !
happy.gif
I just wanna tell u that I emailed the seller regarding my item explaining that i was new to bidding & that i wanted to withdraw frm my purchase. Dunno whether they will scold me and then send me spam or not ! worse still, ban me from future bidding and buying other items ! booohooohooo...
sad.gif

Anyway, will wait & see what happens.
blush.gif

cawaii

hi fairymoss,

r u a bv bride? wat's their package like, can email me? thinking of changing my bs to the one that link up with chris ling.

oraia

hey piglets,

heee...u are so cute... usually ppl go for MTM leh, "liang shen ding zhuo" mah... specially made for u. hehe. but it's ok lah. i'm sure OTR gowns are just as pretty.

heee... ya. currently i'm staying in woodlands w parents...
cos the hse we got just launched not long only. the quintet.so need 2 yrs to build
happy.gif

cyn

yoyo.. hope u re feeling better now.
my GDL is new yr eve. haven prepare anything yet
sad.gif
let me settle my hse 1st. furniture coming in tis sat. FH shifting ing on sun.

ino... u're back in the thread. i haven go for my final fitting yet. hopefully stil can squeeze in. i doubt so leh :p send ur invite?

cyn

rose.. i dun need the album early mah... so they can take their time. paradiso room is in package. when's ur GDL? mine on the new yr eve. haven buy anything yet
sad.gif

fantasy

Hi Yvonne,

Dont worry too much and I do agree that apart from hubby to be, no one else shld interfere with your choice of BS. Afterall different individuals have different preference and expectations. That's why you see none of us here go to the same BS. Judge the service level yourself, most imptly is to stay neutral and not feel negative before meeting them on sun. We'll all be praying that all goes well for you.

Hi Cawaii,

So it's confirmed that there will be a travel fair in March next year? My friend telling me abt it too.... good, just in time for us, june couples.
You looking at satin gowns? Not too sure if it's heavy but shld be alright. There's lots of EG tat's in satin. Check with your BS to see if they have any satin gown. This way you can visualise better if u can take the mat'l and secondly have a good feel of how heavy it will be.

Hi girlfriend & fairymoss,

hee, Ya lor... I also find it very hard to visualise oso... whoever get pix of their gown must share okie...
happy.gif

oraia

hey piglets,

yah..must wait 2 yrs... heee.. tts y i said 2 yrs' time i'll live there loh
happy.gif

it's quite a wait, so get married first, then save up again for hse later... hee... after wedding in dec, it's 1 more yr's wait, not so bad lah..
happy.gif

when u r hving fun, 1 yr flies by v fast hee...

smallonion

hi yoyo.. me too with sore throat, hope to eat more cooling stuffs to recover but after a week still not recovering. Maybe going to see doctor soon if still not healing.

lly

Hi doremon,

Mine is at Anchorvale Drive...Urs?

Hi Piglets,

Ya lor, now the HDB flats got all funny & classy names...people dun know, thot me stay in condo..hahaha..

meagan

Hi all, can I join in? Just got my auspicious date - 5 Dec 2004 same as Twinkleglint. I just placed my deposit with Noble House. =)

I have bought my gown through a sale a few months ago, so a bit headache on the bridal package. Do u think bridal shops have packages without the WG? Hmmm was thinking of taking everything separate - do EG alone, get a photography company to do the phototaking.

Thanks!

Wedding in Dec 2004

2nd - Winterhakone (BV, Fullerton, Punggol)
3rd - Smallonion (Everbliss, Concord Hotel)
5th - Twinkeleglint(Whitelink, Pan Pac,Woodlands)
5th - Meagan (Noble House, Sengkang)
11th - Michelle (Santiago, M Hotel,Punggol)
12th - Oraia (BV, Grand Hyatt, Jurong West)
12th - neece (M Hotel)
12th - KPO Lady (Paris, Pan Pac, Seng Kang)
16th - Soupie (JLC, Trader's Hotel, Bedok)
19th - Trisha (Swissotel)
19th - Jasline (Htl rendevous, Holland)
19th - Doremon (Santiago, SK)
24th - Fi Fi ( Wedding News,Crown Prince,Punggol)
24th - Piglets (BZ, Pan Pac, Bukit Panjang
26th - wendy76 (Fullerton Hotel)

shinchan

Hi CC2,
I'm not too sure whether can we change cards but do our printing elsewhere. Cos we oso wish to change but if we can't do that then we'll stick with the original one. Cheap printing more impt cos jus like what u have mentioned, nobody will bother abt ur card, so no need to spend so much... I can save at least half the cost...

shinchan

Hi Ladies,
These few days weather is good, hope it will last till my PS. Can rain in the morning but better dun for the afternoon...
wink.gif

I think I most jia lak liao. Signed up with my BS in Feb, but delay till Sep to select my gowns, MTM somemore, so gotta PS in Dec lor. My BS advise me not to go during Aug bcos of lunar 7th mth lor... Actually I dun care much lah...
wink.gif

shinchan

Blim,
I think its useless to write that in the card cos nobody will bother. One of my fren actually personally informed all his guests to be punctual as the dinner will start early bcos of his dad's poor health. But in the end, many guests turn up late as per normal. So I think pple jus dun bother lah...

girlfriend

hi Cawaii,

BV's package is $4988 if I am not wrong or somewhere ard there when I check out the price in April. You can also continue with your BS choice & take out the photography package. Chris Ling is charging $2500 for PS if I m not wrong.

My BS also ties up wif Chris Ling, package is $4588 with 20 indoor/outdoor pixs + CD rom of all pixs.

hi fantasy,
we are looking at switerland tour after wedding.

babysheep22

Hi blurq,

Mine is a resale flat, thus all the toilet fittings and vanity top all discoloured and not in very good condition liao. Cos of wear and tear and the previous owner didn't take care that well.

The places we went to were recommended by the ID too. She assured us that the pricing is reasonable, I checked with my friends, most spent 1000 plus on lights too. So ok lor... save the future hassle of looking for lights myself.

But still poor leh. Wanted to get an EC actually and save on reno. But I find that the most reasonable EC with 3 bedroom(in Sengkang) is beyond my reach at a price of $550k... sigh. so i settle for a resale in reasonable condition, but still got some things to renovate.

I estimated my total cost after taking into account fittings will be apprx $27k.

smurfy

Hi pageup,

You mean no rooms for Feb?? cannot be ley.. they have alot alot of resorts..

I will be taking Full Moon resort..

neece

KPO, doremon,
ah! we stay near the same place! heheh.. me going to stay in anchorvale lane, next yr that is.
happy.gif

Fifi,
settled ur venue liao ar? heheh.. striked off one item in ur list...

Meagan,
think most BS are negotiable to let u take a package without some items, at most in exchange for something else.
or, like u say, source all the stuffs urself, save some money, not necessary more troublesome.

Wedding in Dec 2004

2nd - Winterhakone (BV, Fullerton, Punggol)
3rd - Smallonion (Everbliss, Concord Hotel)
5th - Twinkeleglint(Whitelink, Pan Pac,Woodlands)
5th - Meagan (Noble House, Sengkang)
11th - Michelle (Santiago, M Hotel,Punggol)
12th - Oraia (BV, Grand Hyatt, Jurong West)
12th - neece (M Hotel, Seng Kang)
12th - KPO Lady (Paris, Pan Pac, Seng Kang)
16th - Soupie (JLC, Trader's Hotel, Bedok)
19th - Trisha (Swissotel)
19th - Jasline (Htl rendevous, Holland)
19th - Doremon (Santiago, SK)
24th - Fi Fi ( Wedding News, Crown Prince, Punggol)
24th - Piglets (BZ, Pan Pac, Bukit Panjang
26th - wendy76 (Fullerton Hotel)

fi_fi

Hey Piglets & Oraia....

we're living ard d same area now. mayb 1 day we can jolly meet up n b gd frenz. who's kn rite heee..
happy.gif

wow oraia, urs a EC, so nice, hve own relaxing facilities.... xian mu....

Oh Piglets, urs in senja grand. i kn wher liao. alot of pple jus move in there. well, mine in punggol r call the meadow... wonder any1 living near me????

Hi KPO...

so ur reno done liao? take ur x 2 choose d furniture. think during new yr period sure alot of sales n promo 1.
happy.gif

fi_fi

Hey neece...

well, so call settle liao. now waiting 4 d contract. anyway, she said can delay til end dec dan sign. so no hurry
happy.gif

now feeling so relax. @ least d venue settle liao.
happy.gif
lkg out 4 videography.. dun kn 1 2 engage anot. vri ex ler....

Hey Megan,

For BS package, u can neg wif them in exchange 4 items 2 ur preference. its shld b flexi 1. so not 2 wori..

Hey Piglets....

u've decided 2 go Japan 4 honeymoon liao. me thinking of sum where exotic ler... mayb south africa.. hee.

oraia

hello meagan,

welcome!
happy.gif
hmmm.... i agree w neece. since u've already gotten the most impt thing in a wedding package, ie. the WG, it's probably cheaper to do ala carte - tailoring a EG/cheongsam and getting a photographer for studio/outdoor, and arranging for flowers...
mabbe u can ask ard and see how much BS will charge u for a package w/o the WG and do the math.

happy.gif

blim

Heh.. did you read the Chinese papers couple of days back? They asked 3 fortune-tellers to talk about this. You2 Long2 Zi3 and another fortune-teller say next year leap 2nd lunar month is actually a very good month to marry because 2nd 2nd month is like shuang shuang dui dui and very auspicious. But a 3rd fortune teller say it is not good because it is like 2nd marriage. Oh well....

ingenue78

hi cin_p,

yeah...been quite a while since i logged on...
i've sent out most of my invites. waiting for them to rsvp. intend to finalised on my sitting arrangement before the New Year.

hi yoyo,
maybe can try to "Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa". It works... ;-)

poshies

Hallo Gals.....
Wow Feb seems to be a popular month to travel, though School started... hm.... mayb will go for find out more on this Fri..... hope it still not fully booked.... (not decided where to go!!!!) *worried*

Hi Mee mee,
Haven't took my PS, going this Thur, hope it don rain!!!!! Keeping both my fingers and toes cross... *worried* but today seem to be a fine day... hope it remain till Fri......
Will be collecting my card this Sat......

Hi Blue Lake,
So nice to able view your pic so fast.... hope mine will be ready pretty quick too..... Had view your pic.... really love your EG, so lacy.. so pretty.... you look very nice what.... why your Sis don like to the pic.... mayb it don look like to normal you..... so much different.... but the pic was nice....

Hi Smurfy,
Think it will be really nice to have an couple to be travelling together can got more fun and can exchange photo taking!!!!!

blim

Shinchan, I think I can rely on my friends and some colleagues to be punctual. But relatives har... really make me frustrated... I look at the way they behave during my brother's wedding I almost want to make them sit on the floor already leh... Haiyo.. on my actual day I'd better one eye open one eye closed to their behaviour. As if strolling in at 8.30pm is their rights...

nnyl

Hi babysheep

I think getting a hse, regardless what type will make one's bank account heading south. True that renovation is min for EC but then the 20% downpayment wipes out our saving also. :p But i'm surprise that EC in Sengkang cost so much, $550K? wow...

mango78

Hi Moonlight,

Ya... all the sudden this thread becomes very quiet.

So, you are one of the nov bride? Me too. So, how's your preparation so far?

doremon

hi kopo and neece,

mine in 31X...haaa....haaaa......we like giving a bit info here and there. Mine is opposite nan jiao school. Not very near to temple though
happy.gif

Yup! we can meet up and maybe will become good friends.
happy.gif

Btw, any of u gals here confirm AD photographer already?

maymay

hi yvonne and moonlight,

actually this thread is always quiet.. compared to other threads.. heehee.. maybe the novas r more steady than other month's bride? heehee... jus kidding..

how are your preparation coming along?

i had booked my banquet with CP and bridal with Camelia.. AD on 24nov04.. you?

piper

hi poshies,

think most probably, i'll be leaving for my HM after my wedding....which is the first weekend in Feb. So we can't go on the same trip..
sad.gif

soupie

doremon, me haven't confirm.. still in a dilemma as to who to choose.. and whether it's a waste to have collages or not :pP

btw, i can't make it for tonite's gathering.. have to do OT
37787.gif

cc2

Hi shinchan,

Where is ur dinner? Is their printer Tdragon too? Maybe u can ask Tdragon if changing of cards is allowed.