(2004) Brides of year 2004

nnyl

Hi rabbit

Dun think so much, me also same thing, luckily parents more understanding. Must explain to them that time is different now and couples actually bear all the wedding cost with min/no help from guy's side then we only work for few yrs, get married n have own hse not easy.
We are just giving my parents the tables, ang bao we keep, but dun think it'll be much cos my relatives give gold instead of ang bao if it's daughter marrying. End up it's still abt $6k loss confirmed one. We also hope the rest of table can cover up n minimise the loss. My parents help us by not asking a lot in other aspects.

Secret garden
I'm holding it at PP.
happy.gif
Then was kinda wanted to squeeze for Conrad but realise tt we have so much to spend on, incl hse, so decide to settle for PP instead, esp with the OB promotion. Such that we have money to do other stuff.

odie

Hi Blue Lake,

Me too... didn't set a budget and really just spend it on things which we liked. Pros and cons though... you get what you want but after the wedding must eat bread and drink water only... kekekeke :p

Have fun at the PS tomorrow... as for the weather, we will keep our fingers and toes crossed for you :p

rabbitwsk

Thanks girls for the console
happy.gif

Lynn, U are so lucky! I did explain to them abt the point where we are bearing all cost. But my dad feels tt my hubby's parents being irresponsible!! i can underst his pt w his kinda mentality. We are thinking we shd absorb everything cos his younger bro get over 10K of profit with invitation in a not so nice ambience resturant in Orchard!!! Imagaine! For me, I wldnt wan to get marry in tt pl... say I vain la but its so ... well, my expectation is diff fr theirs. Thus now if hubby parent wld to come out w $, they will definitely have things to say...Now talk, talk, never mind! jus hope no nonsense at tt time...

Blurq, ya i will stay pos+ until times come...u receive my mail?

pageup

Hi Smurfy,

I also very much wanted to go Maldive.
Simply love that clear blue sea.
But if we choose to go there, we have to give up the idea of staying in luxurious resorts, due to budget constraint
sad.gif

So settle for Thailand lor.

Since price is out.. think it is good time to start booking for HM
happy.gif

Hope to hunt for best bargain.
Not sure if I can exchange any discount HM with kris flyer mileages and credit cards points??

Hi Bluelake

Enjoy your photoshoot.

neece

Canny,

having at M hotel.. wow! u've got 1 wedding reception, 1 traditional and 1 dinner only? aren't u going to be bz n tiring?

ivory

rabbit..

just keep ur fingers crossed lor.. mayb ur parents will give u back the ang paos at the end of the day?

we oso saving up very hard for the big day.. my PILs did volunteer to pay for us.. but my hubby dun wan.. cos its their hard earn money.. for them to enjoy old age..

my SIL's wedding (hubby's sis) was paid for by her hubby's parents, buy new flat, house reno oso by her hubby's parents.. in the end.. when they sell away the old flat n want to give away their bedroom set to my PILs . they have no say cos her in-laws decided to give other ppl last min though her in-laws have agreed to her request long long time ago.. n she bo bian, cannot say anything, cos not her money wat..

so mayb u can tell ur dad say u n ur hubby pay for everything cos its better than owe a favor to others..
happy.gif

rabbitwsk

Thanks Ivory.

U got the pt there too...
Well, its definitely to cheong in my business to earn the extra $$! Everything will be fine w enough $ around.

Sometimes I find tt this in law things are pretty complex. Hopefully we will not be like tt when our kids got married. Actually my hubby very scare to hv children cos we are afraid tt we dun hv enough to give them... but still far for us to decide on this la...

Cheers to everyone
happy.gif

canny

Neece,

I am having 2 weddings n 2 banquets in 2 diff countries. Yeah... I can feel the stress now!

So have u shortlisted any BS?

xue

Hi Poshies,

I am planning to go to Korea. In fact, I am going to book the tour to Korea already. I am going on the 28 February 2004. I am going for the 8 Days package, and I am considering to extend up to another 3 to 5 days.

I went to their website. Simply like Korea so much.
happy.gif

ivory

rabbit..
all the good fortune for ur biz
happy.gif
at least u have ur own biz.. can earn extra bucks.. me taking fixed pay.. so its up to my hubby to save lor...

i oso keep telling my hubby.. cannot have BBs unless we can give them the basics... else have to slog like hell.. really cham leh..

ralphine

Hi Dabee

If you want to get a photographer, I can recommend my friend to you. He does freelance and he did my ROM for me. If you need more details, you can email me [email protected]
I can show you my ROM pics
happy.gif

CHeers!

orosalind

Secret,

Lynn means Ocean Ballroom promotion.

Rabbit,

Ya, my MIL oso told us not to book hotel cos sure make loss one but we din listen and go ahead and book PP. One reason is that I wanted hotel and oso bcos PP's promotion is too good to resist. Moreoever, PP is in my shortlist too.
happy.gif

Then she keeps hinting that she dun have $$ to help out and we say it's ok cos in the first pl, we dun expect her to help out cos my hubby is the youngest and his 4 other siblings wedding has oredi made his mum and dad spent a lot liao.

Dun think too much, K.
happy.gif
Chuan dao qiao tou zhi ran zhi.

gintonic

Hi Gerlynn,

Glad to c u here too.

Hi everyone,

I am new here ya. My AD is also on the 23rd of Sep 2004. Mine will be at Hyatt too.
Wow glad to c so many brides are getting married on the same day as me. Hopefully my attendance on that day will be fine cos so many couples getting married and so many venues are booked.

Can check you ladies on the following bridal shops:
1. Silverlining
2. Silver Cloak
3. X-Zen
4. White Link
5. Divine Couture

Pls advise as I am now currently looking for a BS...

Thank You

rabbitwsk

Hi Ivory

Thanks for ur well wishes on the biz. R u interested to set up biz to earn extra $ too?

U r right lei, current fix pay limited la. Oh! this biz is my second income source at the moment la. If everything goes well, will quit aft wedding and go full force in the biz. Then can go honey moon longer, not restricted by the no of leave and do not need to clear the hill pilled workload aft tt
happy.gif
happy.gif

Yap, share the same sentiment on BB issue. Ooops better not be so anti... governm is actively promoting this...

Cheers.

nnyl

Hi rabbit

Ya consider myself lucky that my parents accept after talking to them but definately got make some noise also. To us, any parental help is really bonus, not expecting anything from them other than their blessings.
happy.gif

Secret garden
PP has a promotion going on for Ocean Ballroom, table at $638nett for 2004.

smallonion

cin_p, ino... still busy with your preparation.
Have you all collected your ablums?

Yoyo, bonjon.. what abt u two? Both of u will be the first.

rabbitwsk

Oh Orsa
Urs sound like my case... will take it easy until the thingy happen...

Lynn, maybe I will try to tok to them again when the thingy draw near. Maybe not as bad as wat i think but still better to save up, jus in case...

Cheers,

nnyl

happy.gif
one thing must add, as most my relatives will give me gold, so no diff to my parents whether ang bao they keep or we keep.They just want to have a banquet to invite relatives, esp me being the eldest. If got any ang bao, it's bonus to us from my parents.

Rabbit, take time to discuss, slowly let them know, maybe let them know how much per table etc etc, give them an idea how much u have to pay in total. Explain to them that we don't want to burden either parents with such expenses. Hope things turn out well

rabbitwsk

Thanks lynn! will take ur advise. It really dep on how they think, either in the traditional way or the more up current way. And also dep they mix w who... if their friends are all those who take all ang bao then, it cld be very challenging. I think u know wat i mean.

Cheers.

oraia

doremon,

who's this andrew for AD photography u are referring to? do u hv his website? hehe. sorry i blur. can u fwd to me, pls?

many thanks.

oraia

hi soupie,

really ah? hmmm... means they are better for videography? i'm trying to find a time to go down and take a look. they are quite fully booked in the evenings!

kokchien

Hehe, hi everyone!

Since there's people talking here again, shall contribute too..^_^
I'll be having my final fitting this coming monday...so excited! My EG is maroon colour, and both WG and EG are MTM..keke...

My photoshoot will be on 2nd Jan, so fast time flies.

My wedding's on the 26 June 2004.

odie

Hi pageup,

Yes you can.

If you have Citibank's classic/gold master or visa... you can get a $50 voucher (Chan Bro/SA/Dynasty) for 2000 points.

Or if you hold a UOB credit card... you can exchange the points for discounted travel packages with UOB Travel.

soupie

oraia, i think doremon is referring to andrew tay. i've visited him and he's under one of my shortlisted AD photographers
happy.gif

that's my own personal opinion abt moomedia.. there are pple who like both their photos and video.. depending on ur preferences and priorities lor
happy.gif

dabee

hi Ralphine:
thanks for your offer. is your friend's style journalistic?? i am looking around, so have not decide who to take yet.
hi gintonic:
i think you should start to pay a visit to those bridal shop which you have shortlisted. pls go and visit them talk to them, see how comfortable are you with them. discuss with them what you like what you dun. to me all bridal shop are the same. all depends on what you like. is worth to make an appointment to meet them up and discuss. i duno the rest. i visited white link at kaki bukit. how to say... they are ok nice people but i dun feel comfortable. i think my gf's is x-zen at mandarin orchard hotel. she enjoyed their services very much.

oraia

hi soupie,

thanks!
happy.gif
i've only seen the portfolios of moomedia on the web... they look interesting... so may go down and take a look.

does andrew tay have a website? mabbe i'll do a search on google to find it.thanks!

emmeline

hi gals,

wow... this looks like an exciting thread. Hey, i'm a May 2004 bride also. how's ze preparations comin along ? Am feeling a little overwhelmed coz still got a few things not settled.. like wedding invitation cards, jewellery and accessories... argghhh !. Any1 got any good and cheap ideas of shops who do good wedding invite cards ? Design as well as print them. Unique and nice ones.

Any good ideas on where to rent/buy crystal necklaces, tiaras for PS and actual day huh ?
My rental budget is : $100 for a mixed set of 4-5 pieces. Plse help !

blim

Just completed my PS too.
It rained just as we were wrapping up.
Prob the last shot or so will have some rain drops as "background"
happy.gif

Cat, how about the first place you both met? eg which restaurant lah.. or the place you both like to frequent? Got people take photoshoot in their own house or not huh?

So Cat/Jamci/Shinchan, hope you all get decent weather for your coming outdoor PS session! I enjoyed myself so so so much. The weather was very cool but you could tell that it was about to rain soon.

shinchan

Blim,
I'm thinking of doing PS at own house on AD, since we'll be goin home that day.

Gals,
I've finally found my videographer for AD. Price very reasonable.
bounce.gif
But have yet to finalise on photographer yet...
sad.gif

zhuzhu

HI Canny
I haven settle on my AD photography. But if beetles@work is going to increase their price..then i won't consider them.

Oraia, you mean beetles package is going to be 1.8k for next yr? and then with additional top up to go collage? wah..dat is a super big increase.
uhoh.gif

blim

Hi Shinchan,
PS at own house on AD?
Means they won't be in the wedding album for display at the wedding banquet?

Till now, we still haven't decided on the photographer for AD! Got a couple of quotations already though...

girlfriend

hi cawaii,

yeah i haf the same nick in fbo... r u twinkle frm fbo? coz i knw someone frm fbo had the same wedding date as me.

2 June, Vesak Day, PH hehehe..

Hello fantasy,
Pretty excited~ Also worried coz it started raining again.. plan to go Marina South, Padang area, Benjamin Sheares Bridge etc etc.. thinking of taking some photos in church too.. My package is with O Studio. Have met up with our photographer, muz say he is a nice guy..

Btw, those who are still looking for bridal shoes, you may want to consider shoes from Jeffrey West. I juz bought another pair of shoes from them. Nice! Suitable for day & night..

cawaii

hi everyone,

details as below:
customary date - 2nd June 2003
bridal shop - whitelink
banquet - Marriott

going for my 1st appt next mon, guess ps will be next year mar. have no idea what will be done during the 1st appt, can anyone advise?

cawaii

Hi girlfriend,

ya, that's me! surprise to see u here also...btw, how much did you pay ur package with O studio? my package include ps but thinking of changing leh... dun really like the photo, next mon when i go for my 1st appt, will decide. but dun know whether can downgrade my package or not.
and where can i get jeffrey west shoe?

mtdt

neece... mine's also at M Hotel.
When's your AD? Mine is on the 11th.

Wow... seems like everyone is very busy with the preparations. Actually, I have not start at all... the only thing I have is my BS. ;p

gerlynn

hi gintonic...so nice to see u here...really coincidence that our wedding same day and at same venue isn't it!!! hehee...btw below is my comments on the BS..just my opinion
happy.gif

1) Silver cloak - heard its not good,
2) White link - think not bad and very reasonable package too.
3) Divine Couture - I love their gowns..but too steep...

hi dabee....i dun work at camellia houte la!!!!i signed there when there is a promo, thats y so cheap...hehe...