(2004) Brides of year 2004

clueless2705

okie.. will send u the pix... but realise that my bf skills not that good for the first few fotos... the rest of the BS fotos are nicer... will stagger and number the emails, dun worry...

garf, no problem, will include u in.. is your email add at your nick??

ingenue78

hi gerlynn,

when u consider rasa, u have to consider the transportation of yr guests...they might find it inconvenient.
Also, one of my fren had his solmenisation at the lawn in the late afternoon....it's very romantic but u will have to pray for good weather... in fact, i myself did consider rasa before becoz it's available on the date that i want. however, my parents and my FH weren't agreeable to it mainly becoz of the distance for the guests.
;-)

dkny

<font color="ff6000">Yvonne</font>
Okie, thx for ur info
happy.gif

smurfy

Hi Oceans,

Tks for your concern
happy.gif

So gooood.. can choose date for PS (and on sat somemore), I were only given one date and its a Thursday.. sian... still got to work on Friday

I really looking forward to my wedding nxt feb.. After wedding, i will be freed of financial commitments, can rest and relax, can even be a tai tai, my FH said can support me ...hehee

gerlynn

Hi Forest n Ino...

I went down to rasa sentosa last Sat evening to tk a look at the wedding...n after seeing, i really wish to have the outdoor wedding...seems just like my dream wedding...by the sea..with band/music...bbq seafood buffet...blah blah...but the moment i thot of Rain...i sian already..hai...

by the way, is it true that sept/oct is monsoon season?? coz my wedding shd be ard that period of time...if only i could know that there will be no rain...i will definitely chose the outdoor wedding...

As for hyatt...i think its a very nice place...but i would definitely have to choose weekday coz the weekend package is too much for my budget...

silver

Gd evening ladies!

Gals, I ve so many things to share wif you today. Very happy today cos my bf proposed to me hehehe He gave me surprised by leaving a bear, card &amp; ring in the car. When I went to the car this morn I still wondering how come got present. Never thought its a proposal hehehe

Yvonne, hey we are rite. He actually wanted to propose on mooncake fest but I went out wif my col...

Oh one more thing - I ve decided to stay put with my existing job. Feel so relief after deciding
happy.gif

Yan &amp; Yvonne,
I tried a EG wif that cutting but dunno how issit like in WG.

Yan, errr you big build meh? But it's true that organza ve a sofer feel.

Jan,
Maybe you shd try some gowns fm other BS? At least you will know what suits you?

Jul,
Hey one more thing to find out is the wiring charge and how much they charge for lighting. Do they allow u to buy ur own lightings?

Ok so much for now...

ever

Hi gals!! wow!!! so active today!!! even jul has taken a break from her work to chat here.... looks like i'm missing alot!!
sad.gif

silver, actually the halter neck style that you talk about is quite nice.... my fren MTM her WG in this neckline too!! its not that uncommon.... me considering halter neck too, but prefer those V-neck kind....

yvonne!!!!! you saw Gu Tian Le!?!?!??! my god!!! i think he's damn handsome loh.... *drool**drool*

yan, take yr time to send hor.... if not, my mailbox will explode soon.... heeehehhehhehehee....
lol.gif

ingenue78

hi gerlynn,
i tot monsoon season is nov-jan...but the weather cycle is so disrupted, it's really hard to predict...it's really heng/suay lor.
;-P

initially, i really wanted a garden wedding at alkaff but the place closed down...so my idea of a garden wedding is aborted... ;-P

if u r opting for weekday package, then u can have more selection. looks like yr budget is ard $700-$730 yeah? then u can also look at marriot, meritus mandarin, marina mandarin, pan pac, intercon, club chinois, etc.
;-)

jann

Morning!
happy.gif

Hey silver! Congrats! wow.. u must be sooo happy! hehehe...
I'm still waiting for mine tho! Think wont happen!! hahahaha!
Good! U've made up ur decision abt ur job! So double happiness for u yesterday eh!!
wink.gif
hehe

I'm kinda lazy going to BS to try gowns leh.. Now i'm like just hoping to do wat i like instead of finding out whether that suits me!! hahaha!

Hey ever! Dun worry, may be when u've settled in ur new job, u can hop on in during lunch time! hehehehe... We're (or rather me!) bad influences here, first, i encourage Jul to eat snake, and the last time told Yvonne to read the mag during office hour!! hahahahaa
lol.gif

blue_lake

hi smurfy...
yes, my designer is Kai. i tried some of his OTR ones. I tried those on the Style Mag. but never took pics. It's very difficult for me to take OTR ones cos my waist is relatively small, hip very BIG and shoulders broad. and those which the models wore are too long for me, their waist also too big. i dun want to alter so much cos it spoilt the design.

hhmmm...so mine are all MTM. My first fitting is in late Oct.

Kai has a show organised by femalebride in Oct. purely designer show, no other bridal shops. maybe u want to go and take a look? i wanted to go but it starts at 12 noon on sat. can't go. need to work. so sad.

rabbitwsk

Good morning Ladies

eVon, no time no pop by! Congrads to your ROM! Its going to be great event.
Ya, confirm OCC but not yet put deposit. Wan to settle yesterday, apparently the wedding co-oridinator is on MC. But manage to sign up with Dang, at least half of the target completed.

Fenc, only wans to talk to Andrew cos fr what I experience and hear-say, the rest of the co-ordinator cannot make it. Andrew is more professional.

Cheers
happy.gif

clueless2705

haloooooooo....

congrats silver..so sweet of him... so, both of u must had a romantic night last night...

jan, ur hubby have not proposed?? must hint hint a bit la.. tell him abt silver's bf proposal... read from the forum that one groom proposed to the bride during dinner infront of all the guests... so sweet right...

ever, hint hint yours too....

kokopooh

Gd morning ladies,

My dream wedding was also to have it by the sea but beacuse of the old folks...no choice lor *sign* like wat Ino &amp; Gerlynn had said wat happen if it rain.. I guess we just have to give &amp; take lor..
happy.gif

jann

Haiya Yan, i always hint but no response leh! hahahaa! Did ur bf propose to u already?

Wow, propose infront of all the guests!!?!?! I think i can only dreammmm lah!! hahaha!

silver

Gd morning gals,

Yan,
Thanks! No romantic nite lah just a surprised lor. But at least he put in effort so let him off lah hahaha

Jan,
Be patience. I also always hint hint him hehehe

Not to 'pour cold water' but sometimes wat we like may not looks nice leh.

Ever,
Don't worry we will not forget you :p

Yvonne,
Ya ya I so envy. Is he handsome n cool? Hmm...

clueless2705

maybe your hubby deliberately showed no response and give u a surprise when u least expect it.. haha

heard from david that your hubby is those quiet quiet type, so maybe the open proposal may not work for him... if hint dun work, tell him straight that you wanna a proposal to make the whole wedding complete..

haha, i am those who wanna bf to voice out... so i will insist that my bfs vocalise when they wanna be closer than friends, and a proposal is a MUST...

ya he proposed...

babestaurus

Hihi...
happy.gif

Silver,
Hahaha... so guys aws LOU CHU MA JIAO.
wink.gif

So our guess is rite! Happy for you... !!! Finally got yr formal proposal with sweet little gifts n thoughts...

Ever,
When is yr formal propsal??? Must hint hint yr bf again... but i thk he will do it la just give him some time to get organise... hee hee!
wink.gif

Yan,
U might wanna download dos pix in our jul04brides group i created in yahoo group! Just dl it there n all of us can go in to view it, isnt it better??? Try it out, if u encounter any problems let me noe.
uhoh.gif

Jul,
I also got a submission on hand but just take my own sweet time to do it...! Sometimes you need to EAT SNAKE abit if not very sian working &amp; working rite... hehehe!
lol.gif

rabbitwsk

Hi silver

Long time no talk! How are you?
Pop by to share w u that my date fix on 24/Oct/04. I hv signed up w Dang and OCC for dinner.

Yours fixed liao?
Cheers
happy.gif

clueless2705

that sounds like a good idea... but gals must say this first... i was organising the fotos yesterday, and notice that its not beri well taken.. please bear with the poor quality.. u may need to enlarge the foto to see the details...

jann

Yan, my hubby isnt really very quiet lah, just that when he's at david's place, he dunno wat to say, he know nuts abt gowns etc so everything leave it to me to talk loh.. hahahaha!
But true lah, both of us are the shy kind one, so i dun expect him to do a public proposal kinda thing! hahaha!

Wow, so u tekan ur bf to do something loud and public huh!! hahah.. But that's really nice too! hehe..

Wah, Yvonne, u so busy yesterday, only saw u posting once hor... hehe.. ya lah, once in a while eat snake mah!

clueless2705

ha, your hubby just the opposite of mine... he very "buddy" with david... in fact david called him to fix up appointment rather than me... hmmm, i wonder why?? heehee ....

no la, did not tekan him at all... i just need him to voice it out so as to make it official... haha, his proposal is done in a public place, but its not loud and attention seeking, cos its almost midnight at east coast, where got people...

garf

wow....hmmm....the proposal very sweet..
dunno my considered hiong anot?? haha..mine was at the cinema..!!*faintz*..

jann

haha yan, no wonder i was thinking, eh, how come david call ur bf instead of u!! hahaha...
wow, propose at east coast during midnite, very romantic leh!

Wah, garf, urs at cinema?!! That's something different! haha!

smurfy

hi blue lake,

Seems like you are one of those petite-size brides, so envy you, no need to worry about weight loss like me.. Don't worry, i am sure Kai will design the perfect gown for you
happy.gif
one of my female fren who got married this year sing so much praises about Kai

Are you referring to the show at Raffles the plaza? ya, i will be attending. They will be presenting Kai Bridal Couture, Frederick Lee Bridal,and Ong’s Collection, not just Kai. I am going becos of the interest in these top-notch designers' work and also to do my food tasting at the same time..haha...:p

blue_lake

hi Smurfy...
ya.. not only Kai's.... also got other designers. so call designer show mah... haha. so nice... u're going.... maybe u can take pictures? keke.

haha.. u're wrong. i'm not petite-size. haha. i'm abt 1.7m tall. elephant-sized woman with elephant legs. so my gowns cover up my legs. hee.

after hearing u doing the push up so consistently. i was so motivated to do. now my under arms ache. alamak! and i only did 10. i cannot make it. so useless.

hmmm.... i got no mood to work tdy...
so xianz................... only tues. wish tdy is Fri.....

smurfy

Hi Blue,

First time that someone in this thread is replying my msgs to fast.. heehee..

1.7m oso very good. Wish i am taller, so that i can look slimmer..

ya lor, i going for food tasting oso mah... not lah, i don't do everyday. The guy's style of push-up to difficult for me liao, i tried to do on my knees but place more weight on the unhurt knee loh

Another excercise i do is i carry dumbbells. Place my hand straight above my head and bend my hand towards the back.. good excercise for my flabby under arms.. you can replace dumbbells with mineral water bottles..

tianyun

good afternoon to you rabbitwsk,

well, ya kinda busy rushing to get some stuffs and doing some arrangements. thank you...
so how many tables u looking at? when will be your big day? Heard that Dang is good..if not they wont hv change their location from TB to Amara...

icic...fenc also wanna sign with occ. well, andrew really sound very pro

chinadoll2802

hihi ladies
happy.gif

I just confirmed that i will b a nov 04 bride too
happy.gif

Book my bridal but still finalising on my banquet...

Any suggestions for actual day photogrpahers?

oceans

Smurfy, the push up excercise is how har?
uhoh.gif
i cannot figure out leh???? Well, as gown are long, ugly leg being covered up!!
lame.gif
kekee....
biggrin.gif
But arms cannot cover up leh... My arms is so flabby like those elephant eyes, can pull wide wide.... But tone up there.... Can advise!
happy.gif

The dumbell is bend your ankle or bend the whole hand????

My PS is not on Sat lah!! Also, dun think i wanna to have it on Sat as think there will be many many pple. Anyway, my bridal gives me a list of date and confirmed on 07/11/03 (Fri)!! kekee...

So i got abt two mths to slim down on my tummy and arms!! But now, i do nothing yet leh....

mango78

Hi Chinadoll2802,

Weclome to nov thread. I'm also looking for actual day photographer. Not so sure about this too. What is the time period that we have to make a booking for the actual day photographers? Thought of start finding during dec time. My cousin hired Nick for her actual day. Quite nice. Is about $1.8K including the DVD photo highlight presentation.

rabbitwsk

Hi everyone,

eVon
Abt 40-45 tables. Dun wan too big la... though already quite big :p My big day on 24 Oct 04. (but i like to stay in Nov thread as i start to know u all from here mah!) Still sometime to go though... urs?
Ya, Dang gown are nice and trust Cindy can do a good job! I like the embrio + beading + service. My hubby likes her friendiness too. Oh, we are w The Edge for PS.
Oh! I think Fenc is w noble hse.

Chinadoll, Welcome to the thread.
Cheers.

smurfy

Hi oceans,
PS on friday not bad lah, better than mine which is on thursday.. and left 2 weeks for me to tone up and slim down... oh no...

push up exercise: knee on the floor, with the feet raised. Hands on the floor (index fingers pointing each other), then breathe in, hold your breath, bend your elbows, count to 5, straighten your arms again (still holding your breath), then breathe out.. (yoga breathing).. heeee...

Dumbell exercise: bend your elbows so that your hand go behind your back, then straighten again. Do sets of 10 (4x) for each hand. that is, you do right 10x, then left 10x. You can fill that your arms very tired loh... but good exercise cos pple said my arms looks better now
happy.gif

Exercise will even work better if you get something to apply on the arms loh.. Watsons has alot of such stuff
happy.gif

This weekend I bringing my FH to facial
happy.gif
too. Wat else need to be done ah? Think I am going for my pedicure and medicure one day before my PS. Any recommendations?

silver

Hey gals,

I am not able to view the photos cos it showed I am not a member -_- Am I supposed to login??

Jan,
Ya ya mayb he wants to give u suprise? Prior to that my bf always say 'still got time' or mayb propose during my bd. Dan when I asked him why nv wait till my bd dan propose he said just to smoke screen so that I will not expect him to propose hehe

Rabbit,
Hey nice to hear from you! Ya mine cfm next Jul. Yes bk my bridal n tentatively booking for my venue. Gd tat you get urs settled too
happy.gif

Yan,
You really direct ya hahaha

Yvonne,
Ya since he made the effort cannot expect so much lah :p

Jul,
Very busy again?

jann

hihi!

silver, i know my hubby too well one lah, he sometimes can be nua abt this type of thing, like say already rom mah, no need to propose already!! hahah!

Ya Yvonne, do we need some kind of password or username??

clueless2705

hi ladies, with the help of yvonne, i managed to download some fotos... i have lots more to go, so please bear with me for a while..

as mentioned earlier, not all the fotos are clear or nice, so please do let me know which are the "not so good" ones, and i will proceed to delete after everyone have at least look at them once.. thanks...

garf, u may need yvonne's help to include u in the group in order to view the pixs..

tianyun

Rabbitwsk: ohh..you are also having quite a nbr of tables..icic...as long as you're comfortable you can be here, not a problem.
Great to hear that, once you get your gown done up must show me ur pixs ok?
How much you're paying for the PS? Is it worth doing the gown and PS differently?
Ya hor...Fenc with noble hse...hehehe...

Chinadoll: welcome....hv fun

jann

hi yan and Yvonne!!
Thanks!!

I saw the pics... Hey Jul, u can fang xin lah, ur BS gowns not bad leh! hehe..

silver, think u must have a yahoo email acct to access..

rabbitwsk

No la, PS is together w the bridal shop. It comes in a package. Mine a little diff from other pp. I took kua from HOE and gown, flowers, photos and make up fr Dang. Ttl: 3.7K.
Making gown... still a long way to go. Maybe start in Jan cos photoshoot in Jun/Jul.

Cheers
happy.gif

tianyun

rabbitwsk: aiyo...sounds very complex wor...but u really making an effort to look around...for me just stick to one to make things easier...hahaha...

rabbitwsk

Oh! no complex... i hv no evening gown cos I will be wearing kua for 2nd of evening. I very lazy to do one more design for the evening gown thus decide to go for traditional stuff. PS is w The Edge, a partner w Dang. My design will focus on wedding gown.

Cheers.