(2004) Brides of year 2004

binbin

hi doremon, yes, pls send the photos to [email protected]. Thanks.
happy.gif

Cin_p, coz that night i met up with doremon and my godsis (karen), and doremon mentioned her friend also does candles, so i showed interest loh.
happy.gif

tell u something, i beri sian leh. gana setter for volleyball that night i told u i going to training. Sigh....i dun like being setter, prefer spiking leh.
sad.gif

worry

Hi poox

tks for ur email. hv booked my package wif BZ same as pebble i think
as for hotel, still thinking between a few like amara, oriental, pan pac etc.

doreamon

HI Forest,

Yup, i will email u later. Talk in details in the email, not nice to discuss biz here as i am afraid chin leng won't be happy.
happy.gif

HI Bin Bin,

How abt we meet up when i passed the chopsticks to Karen tomorrow? Becos' i am having difficulties with the digital camera. I tried to send you by Monday, if not, we meet up together with karen?? Can? Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
happy.gif

eighteight

Hi poox & garfield

Thanks

l already got my bridal package ....

Initially l am interested in OCC but later change my mind cos l dun feel comfortable with the coordinator ....
sad.gif
So have to source all over again ...

jan

Morning gals!

Yay, it's a friday!

Thanks for all ur concern... am feeling better today... hehe.. ready for weekend!
wink.gif

Jul, dun worry lah, dun think there'll be any major flaws in ur flat
happy.gif

Wah.. so is there a new WIS starting already in SK or punggol? Haha, ya, u gals can take turns to queue! hehe..

ever

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Morning gals!!</FONT>
happy.gif

TGIF!! cant wait for weekend to arrive... too bad, cant hav long weekend like jul...
sad.gif

maybe going to a BS tmw... saw a suitable gown for my ROM, so thought of going there to try the design.... hahahahaha..... then, can get J&amp;M to MTM it for me.... (",)

oh, did i tell you gals that i'm changing job soon?? juz resigned few days ago... keeping my fingers crossed that my new job will be fine... so sian that i hav to get used to a new environment, new job scope, new colleagues etc... but, no choice lah....
wink.gif

onee

Cubby : Good morning... Hehe, tot so too... Ya la, once in a lifetime moreover we've still got some time to choose. Have not seen rendezvous' room before. Good luck
wink.gif

jan

Oh ever, that's good for u found a new job!! Congrats!! Thats fast eh! Is it the one that requires u to travel? So where's ur new working place, in shenton way?

Ya loh, new job, gotta get used to everything again, that's the sian part, but dun worry abt that first lah! hehe..

pebbles

Hi postpet2,
i have send u an email liao..
happy.gif
hope it's useful to u..
happy.gif

Forest,
me never been to other states except perth but hor if u find Mel and sydney too much like sin rite then u will like perth lah, cos it's really slow moving lifestyle there..ahahha...many find it too boring but i think me getting old lah i actually like it there..
happy.gif

Lin,
oh, so i shall have my mani and pedi done up here before i go over then...thanks for yr advise..
happy.gif
u guys won't be having any study break during the first week of sept rite cos i wont want to be back in uni without any soul...it's quite scary cos nobody in uni during the study week..ahahah...me want to go back for kebab and also want to go bookmark cafe for hot choc hahaha...can't wait to go back now, think i better go after my ps else i can't fit into my gown..

pebbles

hihi
so happy to see this thread with more postings...hahha, think it's quite dead for the last few weeks..

poox,
me going perth for ps mah so will be leaving end of aug for my ps in early sept...very excited abt it...now counting down lah, went to select my WG to bring over on wed and quite happy with it, though not like those designer's bridal but im quite happy i manage to find something that is ok..
happy.gif
u r going for your 1st fitting in oct ah, i think i will be going for my 1st in early nov, that's what i was told..
happy.gif

As for guestlist, now im slowly adding in the addresses for my frens and my hubbie's frens and have not confirmed my parents and in-laws list yet..
happy.gif
then i think either than that, i have not done much...cos my main concern is my ps now..
happy.gif

how much are u paying for monica's make over ah, i heard my frens toking abt it but not sure if it's ex...

Hi worry,
nice to see u here, remember me, i tok to u and shinchin in the bz thread..
happy.gif
didn't know u r going to be a May bride too..
happy.gif

Keann,
hihi, u r back in melbourne already??? when is your ps again ah, should be quite soon rite, me also so excited, cant' wait for the day to come ah...now keeping my fingers cross the weather will be bright and sunny on my ps day...
i got my shoes from heatwave and it's not ex, only paid $39.90 for a pair, u can go see see when u r back..
happy.gif

eighteight,
welcome back..
happy.gif

which bridal did u book??? maybe u can tell us what's your budget and if your wedding is on a weekend or weekday and we can help u shortlist some

yan

Morning gals,

congrats Ever on your new job... ya, getting used to everything again is really sian.. but look on the bright side, u get to learn new things, know new people.. so, is this the job tat need u to travel?? managed to get out of that bird dun lay egg tuas???
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan, glad to know that you are feeling better already...
happy.gif
I am meeting David tonight...
blush.gif
so pai say, i can only meet him after nine today, and he readily agreed... haahaa, i prepared a list of questions for him tonight... i think in total 30 plus questions... think he will faint when he see my list... simple questions la, but its the quantity..
blush.gif

fifi

Morning Ladies...

So Happy, finally its Fri &amp; a Holiday 2moro. Can at least relax down from work stress
happy.gif

Hurray
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

jan

Hi Yan!

Wow.. 30+ questions!! haha!! Think he'll faint!! But of coz better to make sure everything first...
He's nice ah, readily agreed to meet at 9+... hehe.. Are u paying deposit tonight? or just to confirm the details again?

yvonne

Hi Ladies, is Pre-National Day Mood!!!
happy.gif

Hi Ever,
GONG XI GONG XI!!! After much hard work of searching for job, finally GOT IT!!! Btw, hw long you take to look for a job and hw many interviews you been to? Hee hee... jus curious cos now market so bad yet you can find a job so soon...

Btw, where is the location? Izit the same trade as urs now? Hmm.... wishing you good luck for the new job!

Hey, what kinda of dress is that? Can describe abit? Btw, you wearing white or other color for yr ROM?

Hi Jan,
Glad to hear that you are strong and fine now!!! Hee hee... can JOKE liao lor!!!

Hi Yan,
Wow... you really do yr homework man but is good la cos it might slip out of our mind when we were there! I also try to write down things i need to do/ask... hee hee! Hope David sees yr list won't get a heart-attack ya... haa haa!

cyn

binbin, u kana setter.. i used to be setter too... keekee.. those were the days... u must be good lah to be a setter leh =P so when ur competitions?

chk with u hor... are u the one renting accessories from chryster?

oh ya.. tomolo i'm gog BI for the trial =) i've made appt with jo.

yan

errr... pressed the wrong button.. my whole list of reply went missing... now have to retype...

Jan, today is more for finalising details, clarifying doubts, but if he wanna collect deposit, we also no choice have to pay.. but see how much he want la... not possible to carry so much cash with us right, if he does not accepts credit cards or nets... hope he accepts cards, so at least can earn some points for the credit cards... me cheapo hor.. but no choice lei, these considered as substantial expenditure for me, and those points are be used to redeem some useful things...
embarrassed.gif
embarrassed.gif

ever

Hi Hi!!

thanks gals!! yap, its that job which requires travelling, but maybe not once every mth... keeping my fingers crossed... hopefully, its once every two mths!! heehehehee.... no, jan... not at Shenton way... at AMK... seems difficult for me to get jobs in town or in the east... fated to travel half of Spore everyday!!
crazy.gif

wah!! yan, you got so many qns for david!! hahahaha... guess he'll hav a hard time from 9 to 11?? juz joking.... think he's used to it... most brides-to-be are very "gan-cheong" about their gowns mah, sure to ask lots of qns!! you wouldnt be his first customer to ask so much....
wink.gif

Hi yvonne, me took about 2 mths to find this job... hhmm... went to 4 companies for interviews and had 2nd interviews for 3 of them... but, usually they only hire one person for the position, so rather competitive... me sent out quite a lot of resumes though....

the co. is doing diff business, but me doing similar stuff... difficult to do career switch in such economy....

initially, me die die wanna wear white/off-white for my ROM.... now, thought of wearing gold colour gown!!
biggrin.gif
hahahahha..... fickle-minded hor... saw a pic of a gal wearing gold dress for her ROM and the hubby wearing a matching gold tie... very nice and stunning!! but not sure if it'll look very "kua-zhang"?!?!? the gown is sleeveless on one side and long sleeve on the other side... the long sleeve has slit, so it's like "dangling" downwards from the shoulders.... then, the top is a wrap-around type, with normal A-line or straight skirt loh... understand?? me cant explain properly....
blush.gif
the top looks a bit crumpled kind...

yan, its a great idea to hav a list of qns hor... think i need to write down too... me &amp; my bf got more and more qns to ask J&amp;M, esp. about the album and mag style price!!! think we'll forget by the time we go down in Sept!! hahahahaha......

yan

And as for the photos, we have not decided which one to take.. presently, its between photospace and beetles.. we dropped Robin cos he is too expensive and it far exceeded our budget..

Today, the main intention to meet david at photospace studio is becos i wanna take another look at photospace photos... the last time i was there, i did not pay much attention on their photos and package... that time, my whole mind was to engage robin, so did not pay attention to photospace quality and style... i was more looking at david's gowns more than the photos per say...

Actually, photospace and beetles will also burst our budget... our initial budget is $4k for everything... photospace can match, but we want all the exposures back, so if i upgrade, it sure blow my budget one... and both photographers only offered 20 pages, sure not enuff for me one.. later add more photos = more $$ now, see what the two photographers can offer us for the rest of the budget left.. see how my bf bargain lor.. *sign* $$ not enuff...

yan

Ever, i roughly get what u mean... nice....
by the way, the BS you going tom, do they have those enclosed changing room? i mean not those that use curtains.. if its those who solid doors, then see whether can u sneak in a digi camera, to take pix of the dress u are trying.. easiler to show J&amp; M ma, and to minimise miscommunications.. scarly they misunderstood what u meant, and MTM a totally different piece for you...

AMK... beri near my place lei... which industrial park will u be at?? can tell what company?? u travel to those countries, to help them do accounts?? dun they employ accounts staff over at the respective countries? me still dun understand how come finance need to travel one lei.. enlighted me??
happy.gif

jan

ever, so it's that job! Good Luck on ur new Job! Hopefully u will still have time to log in during work! hehehe!
happy.gif

U're right Yan, think shld go down to discuss rather than on the phone to make sure everything... Ya, u shld tell urself what u need to focus on tonite, like the photos etc.. I didnt get to see any of his gowns, prob will ask abt it too... Hmm.. if both photographers costs the same after getting back all exposures, then i think Beetles will be a better choice.. Photospace is so-so lah... Beetles photos on website looks more fun..

ever, hmm.. think i can roughly imagine wat kind of dress u describing.. hehe.. it's nice! It's the soft flowy material rite? haha, seems like everytime u describe something i can imagine it!!

yan

jan, i din get to see the gowns as well. its all thru the albums at photospace studio... he say all those brides are his brides, and those gowns are all designed by him.. since at that time, no physical gowns to see, so have to see photos loh...

ever, its actually a toga top with "shui xiu" right?? u mentioned that the top is crumpled type, will people think that u never iron your top??

doreamon

Hi Cin_p,

U got mail too!
happy.gif

Hi binbin,

U renting accessories? How much u rent? I got lobang to rent accessories too from Lina, u interested?
happy.gif

ever

yan, agreed totally on the $$$ not enough part!! hahahahha.... guess we hav to sacrifice certain things loh.... think $4k sure not enough... for me, if i upgrade to mag style, it'll be $4.6k!! and not forgetting your package hav add'l gown and suits!! so, yr package really value-for-money... see what the two studios can offer you loh... since david ties up with Photospace, maybe they'll give a better discount?? if its only $100-$200 diff, then take the one with the nicer photos... afterall, we'll only see the photos at the end of the day...
happy.gif
cant imagine we need to spend approx. $5k for that one day!! and its only gowns, suits and photos!! Gosh!!

oh, i actually saw the gown from a mag, so will show J&amp;M the pic if i decided on that design... lazy to try gowns at J&amp;M, then discuss the designs with the designer.... sure make rush decisions.... and scared me too fickle-minded, will need to go down few times to confirm the design... my bf will kill me and the shop will die!! imagine seeing me so many times to MTM a free gown for me!! and its only for ROM!! hahahahhaa.....
biggrin.gif

yan, tell you more about the co. via email later... not convenient to post... (",)

guess we got lots of things to update one another next week!! flat, bridal, ROM, etc...

ever

Hi jan, not sure if i'll hav time to log in next time during work, but i'll die die log in every nite to chat with you gals!!
happy.gif

yan, not toga lah... juz sleeveless... actually, toga also can... but, the pic i saw was sleeveless and not very very crumpled kind... juz crumpled at the shoulders area... hhhmm.... will tell you gals which mag and the BS name via email... maybe you gals can take a look at the mag and give me your opinion!! thanks!!

think its soft satin.... most shiny shiny kind... so, thought of gold colour!!!! heehehehhee....

yan/jan, a bit scary when there's no gowns to try?? then you gals really need to pretend to be customers and go to other shops to try diff designs... cos, gowns always look nice, but may not be flattering... personal experience!! me always choose nice gowns to try, but usually not nice... but, the designer will hav a better idea on what looks good!! (",)

jan

ever, i saw one dress in the mag from Dang, something like wat u described too, very soft flowy material, just below knee length... nice too!

Think it's only me who hasn't tried gowns yet.. I think Yan has gone down to many shops to try already rite.. hehe..

ivory

hey gals..

who got evening gown can loan me for 1 week? me helping my fren with her Cosmoprof port folio
happy.gif
my stats : 36-31-38
biggrin.gif

trixie

Hi FiFi,
I've just sent you the file.

Hi fencnef,
My gown design will be in May 2004. Cannot do this dec lah...too rush liao. I've got such a long time to go, so in case i change my mind, better not do too early
biggrin.gif

yan

ya lor... i tried gowns in not less than 15 studios already.. intend to try somemore just to have a feel of how certain designs look like again...

jan, we can go gown trying trips together.. can also ask david along, so he can see how we look like in various gown designs... scared the studio recognise him, then not convenient to try gowns liao...

ever

Hi yan, wah you tried gowns in so many shops!??!?! you always go with yr bf?? wah, yr bf very patient, think my bf will beg me to go without him if i visit so many shops!! hahahaha...

ya, think some shops may recognise him since he's quite well-known....

yan

heehee... my boyfriend wanna monitor my actions ma.. my dream gown is actually bareback and low neckline... those super sexy ones la.. and he is those super old -fashioned one... dun like me to wear such revealing things... so he has to come with me to make sure that i dun try on those gowns...

i ask david later lor, so what he say...

yvonne

Hi FiFi,

My wedding date is not fixed yet. Either on the end of Nov or early Dec next year.

Hi Fencnef,

I think the incoming sept bridal magazines will have HerWorld, Style, Females.

keann

Hi Kookie..welcome welcome....i tik there will be more ppl joining this thread by end year!!! YIPEE!!

Pebbles: Ya i am back in Melbourne olediz...just doing my work to get everything organized. I tik perth will b a nice place for photoshoot as well..something different. Where is heatwave? Dun mind checking it out when i am back.

BTW, do u all have a make-up artist or hairdo person to recommend...cos i am not getting a package from bridal shops...so got to get make-up artist on my own...any ppl know anyone that is good....asked 1 or 2 make-up artists....so expensive..like $850 and above...any recommendations?

Have a fun and wonderful weekend to all of you!

Cheers

yvonne

Hi Yan,
Wow... u veri good hv so far visited 15 BS! So paiseh to say, I've not try any gown yet... ! So, any gowns you fancy besides the bare back n low neckline one?

Wat type of EG you hv in mind gals? I'm thinking of Gold EG... looks very glamours ya!!!

Hi Ever,
So when is yr last day of work? AMK is very near to my place too... hee hee! Hope you stl can come online to chat with us at yr new place!

How come you gals are able to visualise Ever's description whereas I CAN'T!!! Prob i dun noe much abt materials of clothings...etc. I think picture will be better than saying a thousand words rite...

Bet Jul must be bz checking any default at her new hse... kee kee! JUL, RELAX LA....!!!

jan

hello!!

Yan, ya lor, think all the BS knows him, coz he mentioned that he knows alot of ppl from the same industry! haha.. Ur bf really very nice, go bridal shopping and bargain for u... envy!! haha!!

Yvonne, me initially wanted Champagne gold EG too, but the mandarin ballroom decor is like those yellowish goldish colour too, so think better not loh..

Yan, yup ask David see what type of gowns suits u first.. see wat he says...

yvonne

Hi Jan,
Oh ya... must see the ballroom carpet n deco also hoh! Skali blend in with the theme than won't stands out liao... NOTED!!!

Hi Yan,
Thk not too advisable to go gown fitting with David since he himself is a designer n work in this trade (not good for his name rite if some1 recognise him tot he go copy design...etc) Probably you can cut out some pixs to show him...! Im sure with his experienced he can tell which gown is more suitable for yr built!

angelbb

Harlooow ladies!
lol.gif

Been MIA-ing for awhile liao! Wah... I see the topic now on Australia PS &amp; candles arh?
happy.gif
paiseh, I dun have much to contribute, so only drop by once in awhile to kapoh kapoh lor!

postpet2, you looking for photographers going overseas? Can try to ask Barnabas from Photospace... He's was organising a trip, but I cant remember the details... Very nice guy.

Ivory, I've a pink tube evening gown, long a-line one. You wanna try? If not I have got another one is red tube gown, straight cut one. I should have the photos if you want to have a look. Let me know
happy.gif

yan

Hi Yvonne,

Nope, not much of an idea of what i wanna for EGs. Usually @ BS, they only let u try WGs and not EGs.. But for WG, initially wanted low or bare back design, for these two designs, gown cannot be bustier cos need some support for the front.. Subsequently, think think, on the actual day, I will be wearing a veil. the veil will cover all the back already.. so that defeats the purpose... think most likely settling for a bustier gown for WG...

maybe can toy with the bare back idea with the EG... but, if its too bare, i scared next time i dun dare to wear it out... *sign* see what david say la..

Gold is nice color.. but u may wanna double confirm the color theme of GCW.. scarly their wall, lighting effect is more towards yellowish, goldish, then the gold gown may just blend into the background..

fencnef

gd afternoon..

hope everyone had a nice lunch..
happy.gif

trixie..
ok loh..for me i gotta go for the designing during dec this yr as my ps is june next yr..if during may do designing, i tink its too late for me liao..
happy.gif

yvonne..
thks for the infor..i'll probably go borders 2 browse..i have many bridal mags at home aldy,so i better stop buying liao..
happy.gif

I

ino

binbin,
me not into volleyball leh...wat's a setter huh?
u renting accessories ah? y u rent leh? I tot can borrow from Divine? If not, can customize yr crystal jewellery lah...at least can get to own it...and possibly to wear it on future occasions. it might not be as expensive as u think.
;-)

hi pebbles,
u going to oz to take yr photoshoot? *envious*
hehehehhe...how much does it cost?

hi cin,
where do u intend to go for honeymoon?

lin

hi Pebbles,
no problem
happy.gif
Remember to try out cafe angazi near business building. That one has a modern outlook
happy.gif
Yes. Everyone would be in school. We just finish 1 week break of end of august. Now the semester here is 12 weeks. Hectic life.

yvonne

Hi Jan,
I dun mind Silver (not our silver... haa haa), red, orange or gold. Design wise hvnt thk of it, thk i more QIN CAI kinda. As long as the dress looks GREAT on me, thk shdnt hv too much of a problem!

Hi Yan,
Yeah thk bare back idea can go into EG then! Usually EG will be more revealing... hee hee! I guess most lightly I will go for bustier or spagetti strip. Not sure whether bare shoulder with cat sleeves one suits me anot... hee hee?

Btw gals, veil norm till waist length rite? And norm plain white veil rite? I see some got design at the edge there! Hv u gals thk of wat kinda of hairstyle u like during PS and actual day???

yvonne

Hey,
I thk i wanna cheongsam for tea dress, veri china rite but my figure wear KUA might not be nice leh? Hmm... hv to try then noe... hee hee!

For hair, i might wanna try BIG CURL cos i cant bundle my hair as ive got MICKEY MOUSE EARS... sob sob!!! Veri headache when comes to hair style, PS is stl fine can STICK my ears with scotchtape... haa haa! But actual day might be a problem liao (cant hide anymore)!!! Errrhhh..............

yvonne

Hey dun get me wrong~ Not tht my figure is good but i thk most KUA are big sizes and im consider petite n slim, thk cheongsam is more suitable for me and cooler too... haa haa!

poohbear

hi,
serious, only talk to hotel 1-2 months before? But so many things to do by then right? Was hoping to do more things now over a longer period than rush around like crazy nearer the wedding day. I cannot get stressed... will get pimples!!

we haven't started on music although we have a few songs in mind. do we have to decide all the music for the whole night or will the hotel provide some too?