(2004/05) ROM in May 2004

cottoncandy

Thanks sunflower & fanyong!
happy.gif
getting excited about the PS liao... hehe

as for the gathering, will need to see when loh..coz quite busy recently...

cottoncandy

thanks sunflower & fanyong!
happy.gif

i had a great time yesterday! it was really really fun... at first, i was quite nervous and stiff during the indoor shots (so dun think those turn out nice) but we enjoyed our outdoor shots more.. and at the last outdoor location, i was so tired that i couldnt smile anymore... haha..so the last location, think all the pics will turn out looking tired with eyes small small... hahaha..

but i would have to say that my photographer is really great! she is really professional... she even climb up a small tree to take pics of us when she knew that the tree was infected with red ants.. i was realli touched then
happy.gif

will be able to see and select pics in about 3 weeks time liao.. and then another few mths to get the album... i will confirm share share with u gals! hehehe

i m at home now... packing my luggage for tomolo's BKK trip! cant wait!
happy.gif

fanyong

Hey Cottoncandy,

Enjoy ur holidays... Keep us updated on the BKK trip.... I went there last Oct for HM... Thinking of going again this year to do more shopping... U must try their massage.... cheap and good leh..

cottoncandy

sure fanyong! will update u gals on the stuff in BKK.. hehe.. it is our first time to BKK, so hopefully wouldnt be too lost.. i have already scheduled for 1 foot massage and 1 thai massage for our trip!
happy.gif

adelyee

haha... wonder how is one massage ever enuff? mm.... guess sweet is enjoying herself already... hi gals... not been online for quite some time. how have u all been?

wonder what happened to angeline....

so what have u gals been doing?

cottoncandy

hi gals!
happy.gif

I m back! had lot of fun in BKK... shop till we drop! in the end, went for 3 foot massages and 1 royal thai massage... hehe.. realli shiok shiok and so cheap somemore...

made hubby's suit there and he is very pleased with the workmanship and also bought alot of stuff for our lovenest ie paintings, clock, small deco items, candles and yes even cushions! hahaha

cottoncandy

hi yaya

the famous stuff there are the weekend market (which is very hot!), the sum lum night market, chinatown for the bird nest and shark fins!
happy.gif

also got a few air con shopping centres...

small_one

hi sweet

mind if i ask where's BKK? sorry for my ignorance. glad to know that you've enjoyed yourself tremendously during your holidays.

small_one

oh.. oic

it's a good place for shopping... went there last christmas with my FH's family... shop till we almost drop. the stuff there are a lot cheaper than Chiang Mai.

fanyong

Hi Sweet,

Now tiger airways got promotion..... $25.98 per way tix to BKK..... excl taxes... cheap leh.... Hee I went to suan lum mkt that time did a foot massage there... v good leh..... hee really shop till u drop... I even did a hair treatment while my hb cut his hair at a salon in Siam Square. v cheap somemore can serve net free one.

Wow really love that place... bought so many clothes till i tell myself not to buy any more clothes for one yr... but looks like I may break that promise cos I thinking of going there again liao....

Which hotel did u stay?

cottoncandy

hi ivy

yaloh, really shopping paradise there! hehee.. would love to go again
happy.gif

hi fanyong

yaloh, nowadays the air tix super cheap..my sis booked the jetstarasia for HK in May, very cheap sia! hehee.. but i think i wait for the disneyland to be completed before i go HK...

wow, u guys still got time to visit hair saloon! hehe.. we like very rushed like tat...probably first time there, so need more time to find the places we wanted to go.. hehe.. oh this trip, i didnt buy any clothes leh...

we stayed in Novotel Siam Square Hotel... where did u stayed during ur last visit? when u planning to go again?

fanyong

Hi Sweet,

How can u not buy any clothes when u go BKK???? I boughts lots and lots of clothes leh... I stayed at Asia Hotel.... I have booked the tix liao... me going again on 23 May, hee....

Wow novotel Siam Sq v good location ma.... How much does it cost per night? any breakfast?

cottoncandy

hi fanyong

i dun quite fancy their clothes, coz i m quite particular with my clothes.. even in singapore, i am only comfortable with certain brands.. hehe..

it cost us $106/night w/o breakfast since i dun eat breakfast one
happy.gif
.. so u staying at asia hotel this coming may?

adelyee

hey.. check with you... gals.. heard that the tiger airway bla bla bla are quite cheap issit?but with all the taxes incld, how much cheaper is it compared to the normal airline tickets? sigh.. its good friday tomorrow.. and i still have no ideas on what to do...

gals... got a surprise.... i am pregnant.. so am officially a preggie le...

cottoncandy

hi adel

wow, congrats! so when is the baby due?
happy.gif

u preggie liao, should rest more.. hehe.. my plans for tomolo already full liao
happy.gif
going shopping in the afternoon and evening, meeting my ID.. planning to do some additional carpentry...

sunflower_gal75

Hi Adel,
Congrats! How many weeks?

Ya lor, now that u are preggie, u should rest more, esp if it is ur first trimester. Must take care, okie.

Hi Cottoncandy
Good to hear that u enjoyed ur trip. I loved BKK food. So when I was there 2 years ago, my agenda is food, food and more food. Yummy, yummy!!!!

My friends were all raving about nice and cheap clothes tere. But when I went there, I was kinda disappointed. Didn't buy any.

fanyong

Hi Adel,

Congrats!!!... Take care of urself... eat more foods with folic acid, good for baby's brain development.

As for tiger airways tix to BKK, the tax to go BKK is $38 while the return back from BKK tax is $17 + 500 baht (at the thai airport).... I already booked the $25.98 per way tix liao... now they have a $9.98 promo but must travel from Jul to Oct ....

Hi Sweet, think I will book Asia Hotel again... initially wanted to book Baiyoke Sky but heard that time earthquake that building got vibrations.... so will stick to Asia...

small_one

hi adel

though still do not know you well, will like to congratulate you. May your babe, your hb and you be always happy and healthy...

xocross

hi hi!

i'm new in this thread but happened to see the discussion about a trip to BKK. hee.

i went there last week and i lugged back (tog with my FH) furniture!! it's very barang barang styled. the full length mirror i lugged back cost me $80 but in singapore i saw a similar one at $250! =)))))

was inspired by a friend who did her house up with furniture she brought back from BKK that looked Zen and Balinese. =)

=) so you girls might wanna keep a lookout for nice decor stuff while in BKK for your houses. =) just a thot.

sunflower_gal75

Hi gals
How's everyone? Kinda missed all our chatting sessions.

For me, there's nothing much exciting to update. Weekends are burnt doing household chores, going out shopping(sometimes only) and going over to my MIL's place for dinner. Haven't gone for a movie for a while but I don't think I would be catching a movie now that the cinemas have increased their pricing. Unless the movie is really good lor.

Cheers

fan

Hi gals,

My update: my username is suspended liao... so now I changed to the new name, wif the first three letters still the same. U gals know who I am right?

My weekend also burnt in sweeping and mopping, ironing...and going to IL place for dinner.... I haven gone back to my mum's place for months liao... that day she just called to tell me to visit her....Think I quite bad cos my mum place v far so I lazy to go back... U gals have this prob too?

sunflower_gal75

Hi Fan,
U are Fanyong.
happy.gif
How come ur username suspended?

It's time for u to go back to ur mum's place liao! hee.... dun u miss her mah?

I do go back rather regularly, maybe not once a week. I'll try to go back fortnightly if possible. Then I can yak and yak with her.

duckling78

hi all
really busy since everyone got married.
username can get suspended??????
what the reason? should try to visit her if not invite her to your house.

adelyee

hiyee...

hehe... am so happy now.. knowing am going to be a mummy.. haha.. went for the scan today... was so thrilled... i guess my baby knows that we are seeing him/her the baby actually move the hands and feet... so cute.... hehe

cottoncandy

hey gals
long time no chat liao.. hope everyone is getting on fine
happy.gif

just have my bookcase intalled last week.. new divider will be installed this week.. so excited! hehe...

oh ya..sunflower.. i saw my PS pics liao... top up $1.8k for the additional pics.. opted for digital album as well
happy.gif

so adel
what's the gender of your baby?

hihi fan
u must be really excited to be going to BKK again! have fun shopping and eating!

fan

Hi Yaya,

hee I finally made an effort to go my mum's place last Sat.... Can see that she was v pleased.

Hi Adel,
Keep us updated on ur baby development okie... We wanna share ur joy...

Hi Sweet ,

Ya lor.... i really need a break from work.... a lot of politics here...

duckling78

Hi sweet

u forget abt me so sad.
how's your photos. 1.8k more for all digital?
What is the market rate for digital now?
How many photos u have in total

cottoncandy

hi yaya

paiseh, paiseh.. hehe... 1.8k is for digital effect.. think different BS charges differently leh.. so quite hard to say.. have 60 pics in the big album
happy.gif

u planning for your AD too this yr?

hi fan

yaloh.. sometimes realli sian to be working.. haha..but no work = no $$.. so no choice..but anyway, working will keep our brain cells working! oh ya.. me going to cruise again on this coming 29th! hehehe...

duckling78

Hi sweet

OIC, the 1.8K does not include additional photos.
how much additional photos did u take and how much more u pay for this.
kao_confused.gif

Total u spend must at least 6K har?????

Planning for wedding most probably next year. But flat not here yet so may have problem finding place to stay lor
kao_sad.gif

sunflower_gal75

Hi gals
Hope all of u are fine.

Hi Sweet,
Thanks for the update. U are definitely more disciplined than me.
kao_angry.gif
I'm sure u must be pleased with the pics.
happy.gif
Did u have a hard time during the selection? Time really flies! Your AD is this Oct, right? Is your reno completed? Are u moving after the reno or after your AD?

Hi Fan,
Got so much politics going on in your workplace, arh? Must take care, okie?

Hi Yaya,
Saw the progress of ur lovenest - kinda slow. When is the estimated completion date?
Have u considered moving in to stay with ur in-laws first?

Hi Adel,
Take care, okie? Do keep us updated!

cottoncandy

hi yaya

paiseh if i confuse you.. haha.. the $1.8k includes both the additional pics as well as digital effect.. think all in all, i got extra 25 pics.. total amt spent on BS is now $5k (since my original package is $3k)..

but still got to add in $300 for an additional suit that we made for hubby in BKK.. and also got to rent our own car loh..

next yr? so u chosen a date for AD liao? better confirm earlier.. hehe..

hi sunflower

actually we exceeded our budget as well.. hehe.. we max only $1k but still exceed by $800.. we were actually quite hard-hearted when choosing the pics.. during the first round, already cut to about 70+ pics liao, thanks to my hubby.. he is very determined and "fast"! i swear that there are some pics that i havent see and he said "out".. hahaha.. but i left it to him lah, coz i scare that i cannot resist.. but overall, the pics are not bad.. we esp love the ones taken at marina south.. hehe...

hahaha.. my reno ah.. the bulk of it is finished in nov last yr.. then recently, couldnt find a nice bookcase to match my study room's pink color theme.. so in the end, we custom made again.. and hubby said that while we are at it, might as well make a divider in the living room to "create" a passenger way.. so now still consider as in the "midst" of renovating.. hahhaa... think hor, by the thing the whole saga is over, is just nice for my AD liao.. so will move in after AD loh...

sunflower_gal75

Hi Cottoncandy,
I think we shared the same experience during photo selection. There were quite a number of photos that my hb said "Too fat (hhe's referring to himself), so out!". I didn't even have a good look at the pics too. Ha ha.... Ya lor, I also let him axed those pics cos I'm scared that I couldn't resist too...

Very glad to hear that u like ur pics. Looking forward to seeing ur pics.

Actually, it's better to do all the reno work before moving in. If not, it might become very inconvenient when u shifted in. So are all ur furniture in liao?

cottoncandy

hi sunflower

haha.. we got the same type of hubby
happy.gif
.. sure, will def upload the pics into a link once i have them!

furniture are 95% all in liao.. now left the mattress and a chair for study room.. plus all the misc stuff like deco items, clocks, paintings, bedsheets, quilts etc etc etc.. hehe..

so how is married life so far? planning for a baby soon?

hi yaya

my package is considered quite attractive
happy.gif
plus we exchange some items in the package for additional pics.. so we have 60 pics loh..

sunflower_gal75

Hi Cottoncandy,
Married life is good, just that now we have to do all the household chores by ourselves. ha ha.... no more leaving them to mummies to do....
happy.gif

BTW, gals
I'm preggy too. Didn't really expect to be preggy that fast but we didn't want to plan too much at the same time. So nature just takes its own course lor.
happy.gif

cottoncandy

hi sunflower

congratulations!!!
kao_love.gif
wow, really fast work there! hehehe.. so when's your EDD? so happy for you.. must ask your hubby to take real good care of you now..
happy.gif

sunflower_gal75

Hi YaYa and Cottoncandy

Thank you! The bb is definitely a pleasant surprise for both of us. Everyone is surprised that we are such fast workers. Hee....

Like what I mentioned earlier, both hb and I didn't really want to plan too much or too long to have a child. Afterall, I'm not getting any younger.
embarrassed.gif
So I guess it's easier to "perform" when we don't have any agenda in mind.
happy.gif

My EDD is 24 Oct. Same month as your wedding, Cottoncandy. I wonder if Adel is also due in the same period or not. Haven't heard from her for quite a while. Wonder how's she doing at the moment.

Like what YaYa said, more to come. I'm waiting for all u gals to join us in the "First Mums Club".

Cheers!!!

kengeline

Hiii......

I'm back from BKK. Today on leave to rest. Now at my MIL place. hahaha....got internet....

ADEL AND MISSY IS PREGNANT.....Congrats....Feel so happy for you....Oh gosh, getting so upset that i'm missing everything over here. Hope everything is fine.

To the rest, girls, really missed this thread so much. Time moves so slow during office hours. we get a PC soon if everything goes on planned. Do hang in there. Hope to chat with you people again soon.

I see there is some exchange of photos online. So sad. missed me out....how can? Hee....anyway, if can, kindly share with me at [email protected]. Keep me informed okay....

Best wishes and take care......See you all soon. If got gathering, must inform me k. Adel has my number...tar tar....

Angeline

fan

Hi Missy,

Congrats!!! Wow, u gals are fast leh.... Hee for me, I am hoping to have one next year..... Ur bb EDD is same month as my AD too...

Hi cottoncandy,

U going on cruise? to where? wow enjoy....

cottoncandy

hi sunflower

so happy for u
happy.gif
so can scan the gender in about 2-3 mths time?? u guys prefer girl or boy? hehehe... for me, not so fast lah.. planning to enjoy at least 1 yr of er ren shi jie before we try for a baby.. hehe

Hi Angeline

lonnngg time no see leh!! wow, so shiok.. just come back from BKK.. me there last mth and fan going next mth!
happy.gif
hehe... dun worry, will def keep u in the loop once my pics are ready...

Hi fan

it is a cruise to nowhere, just on the open sea loh.. 3 days 2 nites... looking forward to next weekend!

sunflower_gal75

Hi Angeline
Sent the link to u liao.

How are u? Really missed u a lot!!! Can't wait to have u back here chatting.

Hi Fanyong and Cottoncandy (and Angeline too),
So envious of u gals - go for holidays! Sigh! Intially wanna go to some places during Autumn with hb this year. Looks like our plan has to be postponed to next year (dunno if possible or not?) Thinking of going short trip during my second trimester, but I think my mum and MIl will freak out. Only sounded out my mum and she said, "Preggy liao still wanna run here and there? Not very good to go overseas." I dun even dare to ask my MIL. Will ask my gynae and see how.

Gynae did say that the gender of the bb can be determined at around 5mth. I have no preference for boy or girl so long as he/she is healthy. But I must admit that girl can have more varieities in term of clothing. Nicer than boy's clothes. Hee...

It's good to have er ren shi jie. I think one/two year of er ren shi jie would suffice, unless u are pretty young and can afford to wait for your career to take off and earn more "nai shui fen $$".

Actually I am targetting for next year to have a bb. Hee.. guess we are too fast hor.

really happy to see that all the gals are back here in this thread chatting again.

Cheers