(2003) Brides of year 2003

babylove

Hi AA, Pacific,
I actually decided to get married not long ago. So all queries on wedding packages were done not long ago.

I went to Mandarin Singapore today and quite like the place. Too bad there's a tentative booking before us. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Really hope to get the place
happy.gif

I chose BZ cos I like their photos and we were also comfortable with the coordinator who sold us the package. Also most important factor is the price and the comprehensive package. My coordinator is Xiao Pei. What about u Pacific? AA, what bridal shop are u going to sign up with?

sweetie

Hi Wind2000!
My wedding is on the same date as you! And we booked with the same bridal boutique! Fame@yishun!
My case is Qing Jie, make up artist is Lily... Who is handling yours?

When are you taking photos?

jen

Hi gals,

I'm back! Still remember me? My wedding is on 19 Jan 2003. Haven't been to this thread for quite a while as I was rather busy with work & my house reno. Just wondering whether anyone of you stay in Punggol 21?

I have just collected my wedding photos last week. We are not exactly satisfied with the outcome. We actually spent too much time in the studio and by the time we proceed with the outdoor shoots, it was nearly 6pm in the evening!I had always like photo with seaside and greenery setting. So we chose Labardor Park as the venue. I had requested for a shooting with the sunset background. However, it turned out diastrous!Fortunately, quite a few indoor shoots turned out well. Looking on the positive side, I think it is difficult to get the best of both worlds. It is not easy to get a good mix of both indoor and outdoor photos as I believe most photograhers are skillful in either one. For my case, he is better in studio shoots. Anyway, it is ironic that we selected 35 15R photos and paid for an extra portrait and 10 more photos as our package only include 25 15R photos !

I would like to find out normally when is the Guo Da Li? Is it a few weeks b4 the actual day or earlier? We intend to have a in-law get-together during food tasting session at the hotel to discuss about the Guo Da Li, likely to be end Nov.

Come to think abt it, there are still so much outstanding stuff to prepare and plan. My hubby & I have only got a very preliminary guest list. Guess it is time to finalise the list, else we can't proceed with the wedding card printing.
It is also high time to appoint our helpers & coordinator for the actual day. How many helpers do you "recruit"? Appreciate your sharing. Thanks.
happy.gif

meow

Sorry Novbride,
blush.gif

Welcome wind2000
bounce.gif

Sweetie, you've got companion.
happy.gif

02 Nov - Furlin, Padre, Nov bride
08 Nov - Bombom, Feb, Ava, TCC, Twinklets
14 Nov - Sunnyling, Meow, novlkf22
15 Nov - Clyne,Cocopopzz
25 Nov - Edde
28 Nov - Amore
30 Nov - Sweetie, wind2000

A

aa

why do u like mandarin?

i've shortlisted a few bridal but havent visited any yet.

veil

Hi all

Yeah, me also lost as to what is EE.. heehee..
sigh, me also dunno where to go abt planning the wedding..

i bet you.. mine is sure a lot of last minute stuff.. a stress bride to be sure!!

heehee.. just a qn, how many days before the wedding are your planning to go on leave?
Veil

mio

Hi naturally and babydoll,

I realised that all of us have booked Grand Hyatt..and our wedding is one after the other...which rm are u using?? I'm using the Hibiscus...Who is ur coordinator???Mine is Cynthia..But she has not contacted us since the bridal show...do we need to sign any contract with them or discuss our needs with them...i'm quite puzzled now...cos we've paid a deposit of $2000 during the bridal show..but we did not sign any document...anyone can enlighten me what's the procedure like??? Thankz

E

el

hi mio,

congrats! now you can concentrate on other things. i went down to holiday inn yesterday to discuss about the package. more or less confirm liao except haven't pay deposit.

i think you will need to sign a contract with them for the confirmation. why don't you call them up and check with them? to be safe since you've already paid them deposit, you should get something in black and white as proof of payment.

bluebonnet

Hi Jen,

Who was your photographer? Care to share your pixs? I am not sure you still look awesome in those pixs. All brides do, right? It's the wedding glow. :)

I am not sure about the Gua Da Lian part. We are simplifying a lot and we leave it to our parents to sort those out.

Bluebonnet

jbride

hi ladies,

our thread has been pretty quite
for the past weeks
sad.gif

calling all dec brides-to-be, we have 14 months to go
10551.gif
let's look forward to the following wedding dates
10552.gif
...i'm sure i've missed out a lot of u...pls let us know your wedding date & join us for the countdown
10553.gif

07 dec - jbride, happygal
13 dec - babydoll, ming
21 dec - naturally
25 dec - sunshine
28 dec - EL, mio, babyblue

babydoll

Hi Beautiful Brides to Be
lol.gif

Mio, we've booked Hibiscus too. Co-ordinator is Anthony who has been most helpful and friendly to us. We did not sign up at the show. My FH signed a document at the hotel, when we paid the deposit. Did they have a special deal at the show?

JBride, nice countdown!

wind2000

Hi Sweetie

My case is also by Qing Jie but make up artist have yet to decide. Qing Jie is very friendly and can neg many things. I have yet to decide on the make up artist. I am taking the wedding day photograper from her but heard that that photographer is not very good. Where is your wedding dinner?

Hi nov bride
I am also having my dinner at MM. But I am taking the ballroom on fifth floor.

Hi sunnyling and Amore (amore)
Mine is at 638A Pungol 21. It is a premium flat. sunnyling I really hope to save money on reno so can I have some advice what did you spend on. Really low on cash already. I hope to spend less than 15k for reno. Is that possible?

Cheers

nofuss

Hi Veil & Starry,

EE stands for Engagement Encounter
MPC stand for Marriage Preparation Course

It is a requirement to register for one of the above in order to be able to get married in a Catholic church. Don't be confused, it is not relevant for couples who are not having a catholic wedding service.

Cheers.
nofuss

babylove

Hi AA,
I like Mandarin cos I think the place is very accesible and the package is also comprehensive and reasonable
happy.gif

Pacific,
did u sign up with Bridal Zone? I heard from my coordinator that many pple are having their wedding on that day and just today she had a customer who's wedding is on the same day as us. So if u have not signed up, better to be quick to chop the makeup artist and ur photographers

babyblue

HELLO everyone,

yah, this thread has been quiet for some time. How's everyone? I have been going around some bridal shops. Still scouting around, but will most probably sign up with Divine couture since I have a $500 voucher from conrad hotel.

Anyone who will be having a catholic church wedding here?

pucca75

Hi ladies,
I've updated a little on the list compiled sometimes back ..
happy.gif

hee .. if i've left out anything ... pls DIY hor...

6 June - Kiroro(Conrad), Ah Ling (PanPac)
7 June - Beibei (Marina Mandarin) , Jes
8 June - Jes (Ye ShangHai)
10 June - taddess, pucca75
14 June - Astrud, Dolphie, Joyful (Hotel New Otani)
15 June - Pooh (Holiday Inn Park View)
17 June - Dolphie
20 June = Mmay
21 June - Abrinas (Club Chinois)
22 June - Cutie (Oriental), Wabbit (Imperium)
28 June - Priviledged(Regent), Sweets(Conrad)
End June - Trinity

mio

Hi babydoll,

During the bridal show, they offered free flow of beer and pre-dinner cocktail and they will adjust their price from 1st Nov onwards...

enya

hi hi everyone

me signed up with MM (grand ballroom) .. a dec bride to be!!
happy.gif
yeah yeah .. now choosing bridal packages!! its 14 months down the road!

yan

hi flowee,
my reno staill ok.. now they are doing the flooring and the electrical wiring is ardai up ...

sunnyling

Hi Wind2000

My renovation cos me about S$17K (without electric installation and Air-con). I think it depend on what you really want to renovate on if you have less custom made furniture so It possible.

Hi Little Rabbit

Welcome to the group

P

pacific

Babylove,
I sign up wif Bridal Zone yesterday ... We are sharing the SAME DATE, SAME BRIDAL SHOP & SAME COORDINATOR toooo !! i think the customer she refering to is me lor. we were there yesterday too ?

u chop which makeup artist ?? i think i sign up too late she cant let me chose makeup artist leh.

bijou

Hey flowee,

Glad to know you have signed up with Amanda. I am going down to see her this sat and i made an appt with Frederick Lee too.
Hopefully, i can decide real soon...

You looking for actual day photography? Have you tried Fastsoup?

meow

Welcome little rabbit.
bounce.gif
Have you book your banquet? Better do it fast lor. November alot of people getting married.

02 Nov - Furlin, Padre, Nov bride, little rabbit
08 Nov - Bombom, Feb, Ava, TCC, Twinklets
14 Nov - Sunnyling, Meow, novlkf22
15 Nov - Clyne,Cocopopzz
25 Nov - Edde
28 Nov - Amore
30 Nov - Sweetie, wind2000

flowee

yan

yah received liao...
happy.gif

keep in touch hor...

hi bijou

nice 2 hv u back...
ur guy's papers over???
can start with ur bridal search again...

oh u r visitin amanda n frederick this wkend???
besides them who else u hv shortlisted???
hv fun...
happy.gif

yah checkin out actual daz photographer...
had checked out fastsoup prices but hvnt get back 4 an appt...
goin 2 check out monica 1st...
u booked fastsoup 4 ur actual daz???

piper

hello everyone....glad to know so many Dec 2003 brides...

Mine will be on 18 Dec 2003. signed up wif Milan for bidal packages & gonna sign wif Grand Copthorne for the dinner...anyone having the same combi?

naturally

Hi all Dec03 brides!
happy.gif

Mio, Babydoll,
So glad to know more hyatt bride-to-bes!!
happy.gif
I like hibiscus too, so romantic with the curtain drapes... but we were afraid our no. of tables may exceed, so decided to take grand ballroom, but now, we worry wat if the no. of tables drop, will they chuck us into another ballroom??? hehe, i am such a worry freak!
lol.gif

Jbride,
So touched u added my wedding date to the list even though i seldom post in this thread...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Btw, u booked with Kai right? I may be visiting them this week, sigh... so far my bridal hunt not very successful, there's always something we're not satisfied with, eg. i may like the gowns but he doesn't like the service; or he is very comfortable with the people there, but i don't like their gowns; or that we both like the gowns and people, but price negotiation broke down cos when we asked for some price incentive, they die die also dun want to give!
sad.gif
I heard we won't get to talk to Kai til we sign up, is it true???

Counting down to our big day, gals!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

bijou

Hey Flowee,

My fiance finishing his paper this tue. So, this sat can go jalan jalan...

I dun think i have anyone else in mind to visit. Any suggestions?? I have to decide soon so guess will stop my list here.
btw, any idea is it worth buying the Frederick Lee's voucher(from his wedding show) from someone and then use it for his package? I wonder will there be any difference in service?

Yup, i got choon huat for my actual day.
happy.gif

I booked him mths ago (me very ks...)

babylove

Hi Pacific,
Ur coodinator is Xiao Pei right?
YUp,seems like the makeup artists are mostly booked. I couldnt book Angeline. Have to settle for Stephanie. Hope she's good also. Xiao Pei also told me that since so many pple are having their wedding on that day, we may have to work out something for the makeup artist ie. she may have to come earlier to do the makeup etc so that she can go somewhere else to do another bride's

ling

hi girls,

wow, there are so many brizal zone brides here...

my bil also brizal zone, just collected their photos. they have 2 big big albums.

think brizal zone package is very comprehensive. their outdoor shots are quite nice.

so when will you be tailoring your wedding gown??

cheers!!!

P

pacific

Babylove,
Ya, my coodinator is xiao pei too.
heard stephanie is not bad also. How abt studio/indoor photographers ? did u book sam & vicent

priviledged

Wow!!! I've been away for 10 days, and the thread has really been busy.
Hi everyone.. I'm a teacher too. Just returned from Korea last night with 47 of my students. We took part in an international competition.
Wah, I'm sooo tired now.

I should be going for my design and measurement for my gown next week.

This weed I hope to confirm my actual day photographer and my church caterer.

How's everybody's preps?

lyne

Hi Jen,

2 weeks before your actual day is just right for the Guo Da Li.

My wedding is on 25 Jan and having the Guo Da Li on 11 Jan
happy.gif

I have got 2 main coordinators and many helpers (ushers, reception area, etc)

flowee

bijou

which bridals had u visited???

i think its best u check out frederick b4 commitin on the voucher...
gonna find out if can use 4 soleli bridal coz u oredi signed up 4 ur studio...
chat with the designer b4 commitin on ur bridal...

how muz deposit u placed with choon huat upon confirmation???
no lah u aint ks coz n fbo ger she wana 2 book choon huat but u oredi booked him...
u guys happened 2 share the same weddin daz...

E

el

Jbride,

Thanks for your efforts!

It's so nice to have so many brides to count down together.

cherry

Hi gals,

Vodka - if you really like the stage decor that cost so much, try to negotiate and negotiate to lower the price lor, i don't think it's worth so much lah. if not, see whether you want to do it yourself?

Lyne - wow your PIL so good, let you choose white gold...for me i don't have si dian jin and my hubby is paying himself for the braclets that my mum ask for, so i'll may not buy lor, to save costs.

Jen - i believe i have not "talk" to you b4, my wedding's 2 days b4 yours 17/01, have not done my photoshoot yet...as long as you have good photos to have in your album, it must not be too bad lah, don't worry, at least you got your photoshoot over and can concentrate on your wedding day liaoz...i'm not staying at PG21 but i'm staying at Sengkang now. my GDL will be on 15/12, one month earlier, seems to be a bit early hor? food tasting will also be at the end of Nov...actually for helpers, we have a lot of close common frens so i have a lot of helpers in fact, 18 (but i have not confirm with them yet though they indicated to me that they are attending the whole day)...i think ideally 4 jie meis and 4 brothers will suffice and you need an Overall coordinator for your dinner as well...any photos from you album to share with us

bijou

Hey Flowee,

I went to x-zen, sil, jawn. Any suggestions?
Yup, have to make sure i can click well with the designer before committing.

I didn't place any deposit with choon huat. He said juz confirmed with him through email. He is very nice chap. Do meet up with him.

babylove

Hi Pacific,Ling
I also booked Sam for outdoor and Vincent for indoor. Wow...we're having the same pple and sameshop.

I also got my wedding venue. We've decided to sign with Mandarin Singapore.

UNderstand that we need to try our gowns in Jan

AA,
Where's ur bridal shop btw? Sorry....maybe I forgot.

ava

Hello Everyone!

Had a good wknd?
happy.gif

To all the new comers!
happy.gif
WELCOME!

Sunnyling,
me too premium flat too!
happy.gif
budget is 10k...
my frens are laughing at me .....saying we'll be sleeping on the floor!
happy.gif

Anyone...I'm doing ala carte ...any tips where to get gd suits for guys not too ex?

Keep on writing!

flowee

bijou

wat kinda of WG r u lookin @???
diff bridal hv their diff strength in the detailin...

so far which bridal had left an impression in u???
i had visited amanda lee, flamingo, ted wu, silh, emanuel b, whitelink, frederick lee, wedding present, le galleria, bv, etc...
the ones i shortlisted after my visit r ted wu, amanda lee, silh n bv...
eventualli i chose amanda coz her service left an impression in mi...
she did a mock up 4 mi with tiara n veil on my 1st visit...
n also sketch WG n EG which she feels suits mi better...
nt many designers wld entertain their potential clients b4 we sign up with them...

choon huat is so nice 2 confirmed without placin a deposit...
happy.gif

flowee

opps i miss out kai...
i visited them 2...
like their gowns but over my budget...
their ala carte without studio is @ 4k+ ( xcludin man's suit )...

wld recommend ted wu ( if u r a embroidery lover ), bv ( if u like crystals ), amanda lee ( versatile in detailing ), kai ( detailings with lace n crystals )...

hope the infor helps...
happy.gif