(2003) Brides of year 2003

beanie

Hi Woman,

I am also planning my wedding early 2003. Have not fixed the date yet. Rite now I am sourcing around for the banquet venue. Have you fixed your venue? Would love to share your views. Hows your prep coming along? I have just began two days ago.

flowee

Hi woman

I wish i could hv my customary in Mar coz i will b romin in next thur...
Tentativeli ur weddin daz will b end of next yr....

No preparation done 4 my customary yet...
Had been 2 J&M & BV some wks back...
J&M is veri eager sign us up...
BV mentioned we onli need 2 get them 9mths b4 our weddin date...
As 4 banquet, hvnt look in the number of tables required...
Bascialli nthin has been done yet...

cherubies

remember mi???
nice 2 c u here...
how's ur preparation???
hv u got a flat yet???
hope 2 keep in contact thru emails...

miki

Hi gals

I am also a 2003 bride, looking for recommendations for good bridal pkg and good hotel. Shortlisted Marriot, u all got any comments?

Miki

cherubies

hi flowee,

welcome!! good to c u here too... yes, got my flat in P21 but hdb still haven't call us to sign our lease agreement yet... hee hee..probably have forgotten about us.
lol.gif

as for myself, for now will stop all sourcing till after my exams in may.
biggrin.gif

yep, keep in touch via e-mail!!!

hi to woman, beanie and miki too!!!
smile.gif

depending on your budget, then narrow down what you want. e.g full package for bridal services (everything also need), or separate package for gowns and photos, or weekend / weekday banquet. Q.E.D. for this part.

The hard part: start sourcing for the price range that fits your budget. you will be tempted by the diff boutiques and hotels (beware of hidden cost!). go thru the forum to read the comments on some of the boutiques you intend to visit (very good source for reference).

so much for now. so when's all your customary and rom?

tata,
cherubies

woman

Hi Beanie, Flowee, Miki and Cherubies!

Its good to know that all of you are trying to get your wedding plans in place.

hey 030303 is a good date. anyone going for that?
it's a monday too...so it'll be less painful on the pocket.

I have fixed my date liaow on 230303(Sunday) with FS.

flowee, don't be in hurry to sign up esp with those boutiques that seem very eager to have your business and keeps throwing in freebies just to get you signed up...I just have very bad vibes abt them...beware.

Miki, Marriot seems to have some promo going..
The first 15 couples to confirm their wedding in 2002 by 30 April will enjoy S$20 nett off each table and free flow of beer. Call Sheena or Agnes at (65) 6831 4769
[unquote] I got this at a wedding website...but since we are in Singapore brides.com....

anything email me lah

beanie

Hi Woman,

230303 looks good and its on a Sunday. My mummy is fixing the date cos she superstitious leh. So which hotel will you be throwing your dinner? I am looking at Plaza Park Royal at Beach Road. Any comments? Have you gone down to any bridal shop so far? I am going to Kai Bridal Couture. Heard of it before?

Hi Cherubies,

Thank you for your concern. In fact, I had my ROM two years ago. I have just moved in to my house this year and so now planning for the wedding next year. Like I have told woman, the date for my customary is not fix yet, got to see what my mummy say. Whwn are you having your customary. All the best for your exam.

cherubies

Hi Woman,

030303 is good but then any day is good as long as you are marry the one you love rite?
proud.gif
230303 as wat Beanie mentioned is good too... so u decided on venue and boutique?

Hi Beanie,

Thanks! like you, actually we wanted my mum to pick a date but she took two months still no date. so we gave her a date and asked her to see if it's ok. my customary + rom + church will be in jul 2003. so date still pending with mom.

so where u staying? at least one down for you...so envy....now mugging for exams (actually haven't start yet and exams only three more weeks)
rofl.gif
!!!

beanie

Hi Cherubies,

I am staying in Woodlands. Is always good to take one thing at a time. I am really glad now I am over with it. Last year I was so busy because of the flat! How is your flat at P21. I have a friend who just moved in. According to her, is not very accessible but lucky for her, she drives. I have yet to visit her, will try coz she juz came to my house last week.

Not to worry too much about your exam, I am sure you can juz got to work real hard this three weeks.

I hope my mummy won't take two months. Let's give her two weeks and see how. This is her first week........

Have you fix your venue and boutique? Headache rite? Panadol coming............. hee

cherubies

Hi Beanie,

my house? hee hee...picked already since Oct 01 but have not pay the 20% ... ECD is Oct 03.

have not fix venue and boutique but have Chijmes in mind. not too anxious yet as FH will do some research, i do some research
biggrin.gif
serious search will only start in may...

don't worry, ur mom should be quite fast =0) or u go "pester" her... we tried but she still take her time so we just give her a date and she just see if it's ok.

flowee

cherubies

hihi...
so u will b a P21 resident???
which blk??? level???
well i like the town planning 4 P21 but my guy prefer 2 live in Sengkang coz near his parent's place...
as 4 my parents, they r @ tampines drivin distance since there's tpe...

as 4 my customary, no dates yet coz tong shu nt out yet...
FMIL pretti pan tang 1 hv 2 go thru the 2003 tong shu 1st...
anyway my guy his studies will onli end mid of next yr...
end of next yr is the rite time 2 hv our weddin dinner...

flowee

hey miki

i hvnt signed up with any bridal coz still early 4 tat...
tentative date 4 my customary will b end of next yr...

as 4 banquet, u mentioned abt marriot hotel???
had feedback the food there nt veri nice...
wat makes u wana 2 hv ur banquet there???
how many tables r u lookin @???

cherubies

Hi flowee,

hee hee.. forum too public to disclose all the info. but P21 flat will be at blk 6xx and highest level (16th floor)...will mail u my address...

hmm. that means you need to wait till @ least june/july for the tong shu... ya, wait till your FH finish his studies... then he can do mos of the work!!!
wink.gif

flowee

Beanie

so u got ur own flat yet???
need 2 sign up with a bridal @ least 9mths b4 ur customary date...
since urs aint fixed yet can still c c look look ard...
no hurry rite???
happy.gif

flowee

hi woman

so u had fixed ur date on 230303...
settled with ur banquet venue???
bridal from kai izit???
kai is consider under the higher end 4 bridal...
wat is offered in the package???
photography by???

flowee

cherubies

saw ur previous msg ur blk is 638C 16th sty...
happy.gif

anyway i cant hv my customary any earlier coz my grandpa juz passed away durin cny this yr...
cant get married within the same yr...
we registered 4 our rom date b4 he turned 2 weak...
he passed away due 2 old age... 97 oredi...

btw wat do u do 4 a livin???
saw ur email gonna do with a 'education thing'...

beanie

Hi flowee

I had my flat in Woodlands last year and just moved in January this year. Have you had yours? Is a real hassle to go through all the reno and furnitures and all other nitty gritty details. But now is all over at least for the next few years.

I think u have some confusion here. I am going to Kai and not woman. I am not too sure about her. What do you think of Kai? All along I have like their gowns. Simple and elegant. i am not too sure if it is very costly, but i guess i am going for them.

As for banquet venue, still sourcing for a good one. any good recommendation?

Like you say, my date is not fix yet, so i still can c c look look around.

woman

wah flowee...at least 9 mths b4 meh???

I was planning to do that 7 mths before..heheh

gals, i understand what u pple are going through...had to speak to everyone before settling on a date but luckily my FH the "kan cheong" type so I can sit back and see him panic.haha

beanie, must pester all of them until they give in ...u know the saying about women and age...haha

cherubies, i picked 4seasons for the venue but not the boutique yet. any recommendations?
i've got my flat in P21 too *shake hands* but like you, i won't be moving in till i've got the whole thing over and done with.

cherubies

hi woman,

ha ha ha, *clap clap* cool gal!!!

sorry =0( can't really recommend boutiques cos moi tink haven't decide if moi finish walking and seeing the bridal boutiques in fact one fren was suggesting i go and do a list on "Visiting Bridal Boutiques - Personal experience" and share...
lol.gif

but what's your budget and what gown u have in mind? divine couture's good for bare back gowns and long train (been there).

we same same estate!!! =0) your blk? kpo abit can?

flowee,
hee hee. smart gal..
me dropped u a mail what i do... go check your mail, ok? here too public (once again...)

woman

hey cherubies, wats ur email...

We could gather the forces and post on an email thread than the public board.

Budget is flexi...so far i haven't been to any boutique except Bridal veil and fontienne

drop me a mail and let's start an email thread to "share" more

[email protected]

eng

hi ladies

i am planning to have my wedding in february/ march 2003.

problem is, the "tong shu" is not out till later this year, and i cannot afford to wait till it's out!

besides, my MIL is quite superstitious, so...

what other choices do i have?

HELP!!

icemilo

Hi gals...

Anyone one of you whereas wedding date will be on Jan 2003? My wedding will be on 7/1/03, a weekday event.

Ya.. me also a PG21 resident as well.

Cheerz

flowee

Hi Beanie

I am still a ‘homeless’ ger…
We cancelled our bto @ sengkang coz ours is the last few dazs of selection…
Tryin 2 get our love nest thru the walk in in apr…

Oops sorie get mixed up with ur msg…
Kai is pretti nice but ex…
I hv been 2 2 diff type of bridal shop…
Those one-stop ones & the stand alone ones…
Hvnt decided on who 2 sign up with but more or less hv selected one…

As 4 banquet, after the 2003 tong shu is out then will settled with a date…
My FMIL veri pan tang one…
Let her chose the date she think it is gd lor…
How many tables r u lookin @???
Hotel or restaurants???

Hope tat ur mum will settled 4 ur date soon…
happy.gif

flowee

Woman

If u r goin 4 mtm u gonna sign up @ least 9mth b4…
If otr then u can head dn 6mth b4…
Advise from bridal shop ppl…

Glad 2 koe so many of us b stayin on the north east side…
Next time can go hse gatherin…
happy.gif

flowee

cherubies

u hv visited a couple of bridal oredi..
still intend 2 visit which ones???
I kinda like BV might settled 4 them…
My guy likes their man’s suits…

Had received ur email…
We can correspond by email 2 of the forum is 2 muz of a public place…

flowee

eng

my FMIL also veri pan tang one...
waitin 4 the tong shu 4 2003...
wont b hvin my customary so soon...
tentativeli end of 2003...
perhaps u can try the online websites eg: http://chinesefortunecalendar.com/GoodEvents.htm
2 check ur weddin dates...
if all fails, wait 4 the tong shu lor...
dun b mad over it hv 2 b a pretti bride 2 b...

Icemilo

welcome 2 the 2003 brides...
next time can gather the nth-east bride or brides 2 b 2 play mahjong...:p

how's ur preparation so far???

flowee

Woman, Cherubies and Beanie,

U guys might wana 2 chat online sometime???
I will b online most nites from 9pm onwards...
Cum 2 the singapore brides chatrm...
C ya ard...

P.S Cherubies hope 2 c u online soon

cherubies

Hi Woman and Beanies,

dropped both of you a mail. my email address is [email protected]

ya, must share share cos got kakis then can have more resources. =0)

flowee,
will c if i can be online tonite during my lesson... ha ha ha... me usually around in sb on weekends too but in the morning...

Icemilo,

welcome!!! =0)... you will be the first ... so which boutique and when's your photo shoot?? ...weekday ok, good!!! ...

wanted weekday but since no dinner, only church in aft so must be weekend or else nobody will attend(better for us
lol.gif
but parent won't allow).

Eng,
Hi! Hi! for me, i asked my mum to choose but since she took so long, we went to the web page that flowee has mentioned, picked a date and ask my mom to just check ok or not... hee hee ...

you may need to decide the months (at least 3 months - of course chinese seventh month would be out for you so only 11/12 months to choose) you may want your wedding to be in. then it's easier to narrow down to dates (weekends - even easier) . Then write down all the dates of the month you think are good. check the site. good dates - note down... then pass the dates to MIL to go check. so at least you know which one good and which one can do...

hope this helps...

tata,
cherubies

beanie

Hi Flowee,

I drop u a mail too.

I am looking at about 20 tables. Have come to know about Plaza Park Royal at Beach Road through my cousin. She had hers there and told me is quite affordable. What do you think? So far I have only this much. Care to share your findings with me?

Which boutique are you signing up with?

I will be trying out the website that you have mentioned to eng.

Be happy, I am sure you will find your love nest soon. Keep me posted.

Icemilo, welcome to our thread. Have read your email. How is Seletar Broadway. What kind of package are they offering you? Wow, you have also confirmed your banquet venue. So envious, lesser to worry. How is Pan Pac's offer? Have you heard of Plaza Park Royal at Beach Road? Comment?

Cherubies and woman,

I got your emails, will reply you via email.

flowee

cherubies

i wont b online 2nite coz hv 2 get my mani/pedi done...
mi gettin rom 2molo remember???
happy.gif

hope 2 c u online sometime again...

beanie

i hvnt look in 2 any banquet venues yet...
my parents suggested hvin it in a restaurant instead of hotels...
can cut some cost also...
u might wana 2 consider hvin ur dinner in grand city restaurant @ raffle city...
their food nt bad also accessible 2 frenz & famili...
if u buy the bridal mag u can find the price list 4 tables 4 2002...
heard from frenz the pricings might rise a bit next yr by $20 or more per table...
if u r reali interested in plaza hotel package, y dun u drop them a mail 2 equiry their package 4 2003...

beanie

flowee,

yah, i will drop them a mail and at the same time check out grand city rest. thx 4 ur advise. i juz got 2 say it again, congrats flowee. btw, whats the flower for ur hand bouquet? mine is tulips. i like tulips a lot. must take more photos and vcam, otherwise, the whole process is too fast for u 2 even realise its over. thats wat happen 2 me. lucky i got it all taped. tats my advice.

cherubies

flowee,

zzzz...*slap slap* wake up already.. =0P

embarrassed.gif
forgot... super pai sey...oops...

Big day tomorrow alert!!!

congrats once again, dear mei mei... excited or not? wat's the feeling like?

ya ya sleep early!!! beauty sleep essential...zzzzz

remember to smile alot... and also take more pixs...

ok...talk to you online another time...

flowee

beanie

i requested 4 bright yellow calla lily...
will b in a silver bustier & a long aline skirt...
aint gettin anyone 2 do vcam juz frenz 2 take pixs 4 us...
tks 4 ur well wishes will definateli share my pixs with u guys...

cherubies

its ok lah dun hv 2 'slap slap' urself...
2daz still work as usual...
nt muz of feelin nw...
2nite goin 2 do my mani/pedi...
then hv 2 rush dn 2 carrefour 2 get food stuff 4 my bbq on 29th evenin...
dun koe abt 2 sleep earli or nt...
try 2 lor who koes cant sleep.... :p
tks 4 ur well wishes will definateli share my pixs with u guys...

eng

hi flowee & cherubies!

thanks! will try the web... hopefully, i can settle for something there!

headache ah! cos i cannot wait till end 2003! plans for it to be feb/ mar leh..

sigh* now i know why ppl say preparing for a wedding is a headache!

eng

sherine

Hi gals,

I will be have my customary in Sept 2003 (tentative) cos we haven't decide on a date yet, have chose EB as my bridal boutique, now a bit unsure anyway still on the look out for hotel etc. etc. Can I join in the email thread as well? Oso trying to get a flat now but can't decide between the walk in on Apr or to wait for the balloting in July.

flowee

eng

no prob with the website...

y cant u wait till end of next yr???
no pt hurryin in2 some dates which ur famili dun agree upon...
marriage supposed 2 b a happi occasion...
relax more...
happy.gif

jjuan

Flowee,

In case I dun get to see you tonite in the chatroom (think u gonna sleep early rite?). Here's to you all the blessings & prayers for your big day tomolo!!!!

Congrats, stay pretty, SMILE :>>>>

Cheers,
JJuan.

tinki

Hi gals, wow, juz a few days away n so many newcomers! welcome

cherubies, HDB sent us e letter to collect our keys oredi, but we trying to defer it, hopefully can! woman n icemilo, glad to find some more P21 kakis......

woman n flowee, i ve been to BV too, ve decided to sign up w them. wat abt u all?

Congrats flowee! now Mdm Flowee oredi...
biggrin.gif

cherubies

Hi Tinki,

ya, seems like HDB getting their act together..
lol.gif

cos we received a letter from them to pay 10% first (cos our house not build yet - coming to 6 mths since we had selected our flat)...

where's BV?

tinki

yah lor, they better... anyway BV iz at Orchard Delfi.

see tat u all ve started an email thread. can i join in too? my email add iz [email protected]

i juz checked my wedding date on e link tat flowee provided, iz not 1 of e auspicious day. really headache now coz i planning to ve ROM n customary on e same date but 1 yr difference, ve oredi booked my ROM date oredi.

ve a nice long wkend gals
crazy.gif