(2003) Brides of year 2003

may

Hi everyone.

I am finally back after a week absence. Was in Sydney for business...the weather was really nice.

Now, that i am back, my desk is pile so high that i really do not have the time to yak...

but generally how's everyone?

Jan: you select your package already?

Smiley: I also will be confirming Jawn soon..just need to go meet the photographer...

Stranger: dont be so gloomy...try to think positive..at the end of the day...as a bride, you should be happy...plse dont regret the decision to wed.

flowee

caroline

hi there...
welcome 2 sept 2003 brides threat...
i had been 2 marine mandarin 4 weddin dinners b4...
they hv many function rms n ballrm which r opened up 4 weddin dinners...
which flr r u lookin @???
as 4 food wise, i felt tat the wkdaz dishes r tastier than the sat ones...

wei

i will b checkin out on monica after my chicken poxs...
her photojournalist package (12 rolls) is 1.3k 4 yr 2003...

there r some common names which a lot of sb brides engaged as actual daz photographers nameli: choon huat, KC, hilarion goh, the edge...
which ones r u interested in???
i might hv the pricin with mi...
can email 2 u...

shook

Hihi Jan
Yep yep mooncakdes make me drools, on the other hand, my mum n the office tea lady kept asking me to eat mooncakes.
angry.gif
angry.gif
Testing my determination. I told my mum mooncake I can eat every year. Marriage is once in a life time.
proud.gif
proud.gif
She laughed
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
n tempt me again n again
angry.gif
angry.gif
. Yi ear...DEVIL!!

Hihi May
Welcome back
happy.gif
happy.gif

smiley

Hi all,

Just heard over the radio. One piece of mooncakes actually contain 800 calories and 14 teaspoon of glucose which is equivalent to 3 bowls of rice.
sad.gif
So sad, I had so many of them already.....

Hi May,

Welcome back.

Stranger,

Don't despair. Could understand what you are going thru. I guess we were there in some point of time. Maybe we could give you a helping hand with our 2 cents worth
happy.gif
on those research that we had over banquet, boutique and any other areas.

By the way, when is your wedding and what have you finalised at the meantime?
happy.gif

Be Happy
happy.gif

blurydoey

hi flowee,
aiyo y so careless, hope its not anywhere obvious..remember dun eat any dark sauce....
I visited the their warehouse at sungei kadut..
I got to learn of their white collection only when I decided to buy the furnitures also dunno where is it cause they dun have white collection at their warehouse...Is it exp??how much u buy for your furnishings????I spent $999 for a half-leather sofa plus free a coffee table...how abt u?hmm maybe these few days free go down parkmall n take a peek havent bought dining table yet..
Hi gals,
what is your opinon of having taken wedding photos at JB??

flowee

blurydoey

its on my hand lah...
obvious places...
yah i understd cant eat soya sauce...
will remember...

my id brought us 2 c furniture...
my 1st trip 2 parkmall...
saw this sofa from white collection like it so placed an order 4 it lor...
playin by 0% interest free installation...
the vinyl ( half leather )sofa n a ottoman cost 1.9kplus...
din get any coffee table n dinin table yet...
id doin 4 us since we din fancy anythin ard...

u r headin 2 jb 2 take bridal package???
mayb can check out divine @ jb lor...

caroline

Thanks Flowee..
geez i realli din know that they have so many ballrms, tink i need to go down personally to check them out. Btw I'm planning to have abt 20-25 tables and I will be having my dinner on a wkdae... so was very happy to hear from u that the food is tastier than sats 1...
happy.gif

flowee

caroline

yah its best u meet up with the banquet managers...
ask them 2 brin u ard...
hv a feel of the dinner settin...
then decide if u wish 2 hold urs there...

hv u check out merchant court???
they r famous 4 weddin dinner...
the plus pt is tat they hv onli 1 ballrm 4 weddin dinner...

stranger

Hi May and Smiley

thanks a lot for your kind encouragements. I will try to take it easy. Just that sometimes am really stressed with things and need to let it out.
my wedding is may03 and I have chosen most of the stuff. The choices however weren't my preferred choice and my FH seems to be doing things for the sake of doing, that explains my frustrations and unhappiness. really envy you all. Thanks for your concern. :}

blurydoey

hi flowee, never mind can wear gloves to cover not so bad, besides so long will clear one...
I am trying to find the website for divine in jb but cannot lei..dunno where is it...
I surf on milan website in jb, u know its damn cheap rm2688 for mtm gown...so cheap....
Is the furniture there expensive???I blamed my FH for not taking me to the one at Turf city also white collection...

flowee

blurydoey

the address 4 divine @ jp gonna check with ling coz she signed up with them...
the packages in jb although cheap but dun koe the quality...
the furniture there ok lor the pricin...
but i c any coffee table n dinin set we like so we din get from them lor...
i give u the model number of the sofa we ordered...
its TL 2001...
u can go white collection check it out...
give mi ur comments ok...

blurydoey

ok flowee,
so I see whether she coming in to this posting then can ask her...
happy.gif

ok I go check it out maybe this thurs rather free this thurs nothing much to do...hubby go reservists...
sad.gif

J

jan2003

Hi hi everyone.

May: welcome back! your absence is felt! nope, have not chosen any package yet. no problem. if i decide to choose MTM, think latest is Nov 02, that was what flamingo told me. so if the rest cannot make it, i can still go to her. less stress this way.

SLK: busy? how's stuff on your side. i read the thread on GH. Seems like good news for us since food got good reviews at och's wedding. wonder what is the other small hiccups. can't wait for her to tell us when she is back from her honeymoon.

Smiley: Goodie good. you and May will share same bridal consultants!

Shook & Smiley: Oh no, 3 bowls of rice in one small thing like the mooncake! so many calories! i ate so many already. my dad is the one who tempts me. we have so many boxes at home. my mum keeps buying, my dad keeps getting me to help clear stock! terrible. how come i don't feel full even eating just half of the mooncake!

Stranger: don't worry. i am sure most of us don't get our preferred choice because of thousand and one reasons. try to take it easy and be a happy bride. don't regret wanting to get marry. marriage should be a happy event. we get to be with the one we love. at the end of the day, that is the most important thing. we got want we want. all those stuff on bridal packages, banquet venues are just ancillary. nothing is more important than our MAN! hip hip hurray!

michele

hi stranger, i know what you mean also. i am trying to make everything special coz wedding is once in a lifetime but hubby also cannot be bothered. he just wants to go with the flow and do what people do. i also very frustrated with him sometimes coz he doesn't understand why i bother spending so much effort on a 'one-day' issue. oh well, i also feel like giving up sometimes and i feel so dumb to fight over little things like that. *sighz*

hi Jan2003, so where will you be having your banquet? have you booked your bridal shop? selected your gown? taken your wedding pics? hehe, its nice to know someone sharing the same big day as me!
happy.gif

hi shook, yeah we are all doing our own business so that explains the large no. of guests. and i do think my sis was worn out that day so i really don't want to repeat the same 'situation'. told my husband that we shd do away with the photo-taking coz that takes time but he refuse to agree coz he feels that its not nice. but honestly, my FIL's business associates probably throw the photo one side even if we do send one to them after the wedding coz they don't really know us that well also. frustrating... waste of money and time! i rather just take pictures with my family and close friends.

and yes! its so hard to lose weight! i'm trying to lose another 4 - 5 kgs before the photoshoot but dunno why also feel hungry! then i'll end up snacking! i tried so hard to resist today... ended up eating watermelon. ;P

may

Hi Jan: Good to hear that i am being missed. Must have been no one to nag at you, right? hee...
Why u suddenly considering Flamingo? They are very expensive...u know? I tot you say your deadline to decide on the bridal is end Sept...now becomes Nov? U procastinating! Dont drag so long...once you go try on the different WG and EG...you will be motivated to lose weight..trust me..

Smiley: 1 mooncake got so amny calories...gosh..ok..i am not eating this year...thank god..i have not eaten any yet. No like mooncake ...very sweet.

Stranger: Cheer up. Explain to FH, how you feel. I think this is the best time to also talk to him and explain how you feel. I have been lucky so far, we make the decision ourselves..so no one pressurise me...my hubby has been really good ..accompanying me on all the bridal shop hunts...we have gone for so many...
Try to think positive and be excited of your big day.

Michele: what is your secret to lose weight. I have also managed to lose like 2-3 kg only. Hope to lose more. I cannot resist snacking leh..i only tryt o stop eating rice...but i still eat noodles and try to eat beehoon.

ling

BLURY,

i am here. the tel no for divinejb is 0207332 2212.

it is located at mutiara hotel (next to holiday plaza).

the whole package is rm 3988.

As i got the package in their promo aweek or so ago, i got a very good rate.

it is also rm3988. but can mtm the wedding gown at an additional of rm600.

therefore , it cost only rm4588.
what i get,

1mtm wedding gown
1mtm evening gown to keep
1mtm men's suit to keep
trial studio makeup. acutally have actual day make up provided but i already book with ponnie hsu so i am not taking this.

32pcs 8x12" photograph
30x24" pciture with frame
full se t proof prints
36pcs 45(max 3psoser)
6pcs 2r pocket pictures
(photography inand outdoor by dreams)- this is located near pelangi.

top up sgd180(pay to singapre) for actual day flowers and car deco.

one facial and scrub,etc.

what attracted me the most was the mtm gowns.

dun worry about the photos turning out not nice cos the photographer was trained in the states and my view is that she was comparable to those famous ones in singapore.

hope it helps.

cheers!!
happy.gif

btw, they also havt mtm gown packages only (without photo - it cost rm3388 for the 3mtm gowns and suits)

F

fiona koh

Hi everyone

Been busy lately so didn't get the chance to join the forum! Seems like everyone is still jumping with energy!
bounce.gif

I have a question...anyone intending to rent suits for your dads and brothers? I don't know whether to rent or tailor...any good recommendations?

Thanks!

fluffy

Hi Hi!!
Thank you for all your concern....Me drinking a lot of water and liang cha now....hope to be better by friday...cos going for facial, massage and mani- & pedicure over the weekend so that can be mei mei for photoshoot...So vain hor?

Cherry - How come you not having studio shoot? Does it mean that you'll be only taking outdoor shoot??

Yi - Wah, u so lucky...got lao gong to help u plan and do all the nitty gritty...me leh, got to do everything myself first...until shortlisted then inform him. Then hor...me keep on chasing him for his guest list but he keep procrastinating... v stressed leh...

wei

Thanks flowee. Maybe you can try to e-mail to me [email protected]. Have you seen the portfolios of the other photographers?

Merchant Court is a grand ballroom and they are really very popular. I tried to booked with them some time June this year, but they are already booked for 4 September 2003. So caroline, I think you have to start sourcing already.

sue

Hi May & Fiona, good to have both of you back.

Hi Stranger, welcome to this thread. U can always talk to us if you need to. The gals here r all very helpful (self praise
happy.gif
) and I've done most of my research here. My FH & me had some arguements abt the venue of our banquet initially but it is a matter of give & take. Just think that HE will be the man that u r going to spend wif for the rest of yr life. Like what May said, sit down to talk thru things. Sometimes, we need to knock ourselves on the head to see the man's perspective.

Michele, don't eat watermelon if u have an empty stomach...will give u gastric. When I'm on fruit diet, I eat guava and apple and drink lots of water. I managed to lost 5kg so far & I'm trying to maintain my current weight. Now, trying to tone up my body with weights.

SLK, u busy? Din hear from you for some time.

Jan, better get the bridal package settle asap if you can even though the bridal boutique can make it in Nov. At least settle the thing & get one item of the checklist. Have u started on the exercise program like walking up & down the stair?

elaine

Hi Flowee,

When does your MC ends? when are you going back to work?

ya...I know I've pimples problems
sad.gif
but sometimes, really got insomia...can't sleep until 4 or 5+ or even when I sleep early, I wake up veri early too, sian
sad.gif
But most of the time...I think I'm sleeping but I'm aware of suroundings...or my mind is working.

J

jan2003

Hello all,

Michele: Yes, booked my banquet already. same as SLK's. at Hyatt. Not done anything on bridal package yet. busy. this coming weekends, i totally booked for helping out with weddings! Agree, feels so good to know that someone else will be getting married on the same day as me because it is such a happy event!
happy.gif

May: Yup, no one to nag at me but the other girls have been doing a good job too!
happy.gif
aiyah, like i said lor, very busy, and of all Flamingo quoted me with the latest possible date for MTM and i quite like her gowns. agree her price steep so i might cut down on other things to take her pacakge. not confirm yet. see how. will keep you all updated.

Fiona: my dad going to tailor made his. guess same for my mum. once in a life time, i guess i will spend the money on them.

Sue: Trying to take the stairs. only tried but lasted to level 4 only. i stay on level 15 leh. tough. especially in high heel shoes. friut diet works? strawberries can? i don't like to eat guava and apple. can recommend. only fruits? will get hungry easily? i just at burger yesterday. urgh!!!! must go bridal shop soon so that after trying the gowns i get motivated to lose weight. still got time lah hor? how long it takes to lose 3 kg? i contented if i can drop my weight to mid 50s.

jazz

Hihi!

I'd like to join the May 2003 brides forum...
happy.gif

I'm also a May 2003 bride, got my wedding date about a couple of weeks ago. Been very busy running around trying to settle the bridal shop, hotel banquet, studio and actual day photography.. very xiong... :p

blurydoey

hi ling,
thanks for sharing the info...whoa its really cheap compared to singapore...hmm..I think I will call and make an appointment when I am done with my house..Do they allow u to bring out of JB?
Flowee,
thanks for letting ling know...
hi Elaine,
I think u are too stressed out..I also have these probs sometimes and now I sleep only 5hrs a day, did u try some essensial oil or massage and exercise helps esp swimming...dun think too much on pimples prob..U got a beautician??My beautician not bad lor for my opinon, cause I got 3 gfs who got terrible breakouts now their skin is cured.

michele

Hi May, actually i am still trying to find the secret myself! hehe... no time to exercise (excuses), always eating fast food (indirectly because no time)... but the date getting closer and closer so really have to endeavour a bit. actually, just eating fruits alone is not good for the body lor... coz we all need various nutrients. Its better to eat a little bit of everything. For me, i remove the skin from chicken, eat plain rice instead of chicken rice, reduce the rice intake, eat porridge. avoid too much meat, try to eat more fish. Hungry eat fruits instead of snacking on potato chips and so on lor... but hor, i always hungry one. My colleagues say I'm still adolescent... still growing... that's why eat non-stop! :p

Hi Sue, WOW! u lost 5 kgs?? How did you do eat?? I'm so envious!

Hi Fiona, you won't believe this but my FIL goes to batam to make his suits. He says its cheap and nice. But then, he goes there like 2 - 3 times a week coz of his business so its convenient for me to do that. For the rest of us, just have to do in Singapore!

Hi Jazz, welcome to our 'big family'. if you have questions, just shoot! all of us here will help if we can.

flowee

elaine

my m.c ends on fri 20th sept...
will b headin back 2 office on mon...

perhaps ur mind is workin 2 hard oredi tats y u hv insomia...
u gonna learn 2 relax abit...
can intro u some aromatheraphy oil hopefulli can sleep well...

blury

no prob...
i din let her koe lah...
she came in 2 ans ur qns...
dun hv 2 tks mi lah...

btw mi interested in ur beautician...
can pass mi the contact???
tks...
happy.gif

elaine

Hi,

Blurydoey - Me also interested...does she push on her products? How much is per facial? I used to go 1 also veri good but she push too much on her products, so much so I dun go liao. Then I went to another 1 dun even push her products but I feel tat her skills not so good.

Flowee - ya...maybe I should try out those smell smell thing, but the smell really too strong
happy.gif
got to get used to it.

flowee

elaine

u dun need 2 muz of it lah...
juz ard 6 drops 2 burn all nite long...
remember 2 heat the water b4 droppin the oil in the burner...
can recommend u the brand i m usin if u wana 2...

piggy

Thks, Dew.

Really envy 1027 that she can relax now. Me will be real busy with renovation real soon....no time to go paktor with hubby...**sob sob**

ya, will be goin down to Yvonne's to c c look look after flat is more or less ok.

btw, gals...juz for info la, Expo will be having a "The wedding" exhibition on 4-6Oct, Hall 3.

sue

Hi Jazz, nice to have one more May bride. Welcome.

Hi Jan, it's a gd start...keep it up! U don't have to walk 15 floors lah. Maybe get out at 10th floor & walk up for 5 storey. Hmm...not sure abt strawberry but you'll need to eat a lot to fill up the stomach right? I took guava & apple becos they r very filling. If hungry, I just take low fat high fibre biscuit. & I also exercise. Of course, once in awhile I'll have burger, laksa, fried carrot cake etc... But, I seldom take rice. It helps a lot.

Hi Michele, u may refer to my reply to Jan. With determination, can do it one! I know sometimes you get hungry & can't resist so once in awhile, it is ok as long as don't eat high fat meals everyday. And exercise will help.

stranger

Hi all again.
Sorry to add my comments about losing weight.
happy.gif
Just a thought. there's no short cut. Exercise is the best way to do it. As what Sue mentioned, eat moderately,less rice at night, cut down on dairy products intake, more fishes and vegetables instead.
Most peole are lazy but with determination to exercise, losing weight can be easy within 1-2 months. Go on a threadmill for 1 hour per session 2-3 times a week is enough to lose weight. (of cos watch what you eat daily also) You can take brisk walking outside too if no gym facilities.
hope this helps.

Jan 2003: you must't walk up 15 level with high heels!! it's very bad for your back. try to use flat walking shoes if you need to. do take care of your back.

jojok

Hi,

I am also Sep 03 bride... I have just booked my banquet, so now sourcing for bridal package. Anyone has any recommendation for a package of abt max $4K. I prefer the contemporary style.

jazz

Hi Michele and Sue,

Thanks for the welcome! Talking about question, yes, I do have one! :p I've booked a hotel, now waiting to sign contract, do you know what are the things I need watch out for and to make sure is on the contract?

Thanks very much!
happy.gif

flowee

hi jojok

i m also sourcin 4 bridal...
any recommendation???
shortlisted some oredi will b checkin them out soon...
ur max 4k includes addition pixs???

S

sunshinekid

I'm on MC today so got chance to hang out online for a while hehehe... My migraine is actually better now with the super painkiller my doctor gave me, so I was entertaining ideas of going out to look for stuff that I can use for my wedding, but don't feel safe, what if some colleague sees me!
lame.gif

Hi Kelsey and Nofuss,
I think that a shorter dress is fine too, especially since it's buffet style, so you'll most likely be mingling, no point risking tripping over your own dress! But having said that, though mine is also a western buffet, I will most likely still be wearing a long dress. Some of my guests are the kind that will turn up quite dressed up, so I can't lose to them right?! Really worried about tripping though. Tried on a dress at Daniel Yam the other day, I do like it, though I feel my arms look fat. But of course, I'll be going on diet hehe... Costs $499. If I tailor-make one, I'm willing to pay up to $500 only, so I may just buy OTR from Daniel Yam.

Kelsey has a point though, about paying so much for something that you'll only wear once. If I get this dress, I can imagine that the only other time I might wear it is if I'm bridesmaid to my sister or something..... Nofuss, I thought I remember there used to be this shop in Bugis that sold gowns sort of thing. Not sure what it's called though, because I had never needed to buy one, so never even bothered to look in their window. Not sure if it's still there...

S

sunshinekid

Hi DingDong,
My wedding's on 01/02/03 (yes, I purposely chose the date because of the numbers!!) I've still got quite a bit to do. Just confirmed my venue, no dress/gowns yet. If buy Daniel Yam dress, will still be making the bridal gown (but haven't called up the seamstress). I thought of getting Sandy to do my makeup too. Haven't called her yet though, because I've been reading in this forum that she's pregnant, so not taking bookings etc. Think I'll just call her later to see how. Quite afraid that I'll have problems because 01/02/03 is 1st day of CNY, think a lot of people won't be working.

I think I will be doing some of the wedding decor myself. There'll be tablecloth, but no seat covers, as the chairs are like garden chairs, don't fit the conventional banquet chair covers. So I thought of tying some flowers and ribbons onto the chairs myself. Thinking of putting up some balloons too, metallic pale blue and silver ones, but will balloons look cheap?

As for favours, I had thought of doing chopsticks way before I found out on this forum that so many others are doing that too! I went to a $1 shop the other day, and came across a box of nice dark wood chopsticks. 10 pairs for only $1!! I couldn't believe my luck. I bought a box to show my FH, but when I went back for more boxes, they didn't have the dark wood ones anymore, only a lighter wood colour
sad.gif
Still haven't bought those, because I really prefer the dark ones. Going back to ask the shop owner if he can get for me.

Ok, think I'll go SMS Sandy now and ask if she's doing business on CNY. Cya all!

D

ding dong

Wow, you so creative leh. I didn't think of making own favours. :)
Where are you having your customary? In a hotel? Flowers is a good idea. Can buy fresh one from those wholesalers. But if don't mind fake ones are easier to manage and also that mesns you can prepared weeks beforehand. I don't think balloons are cheap. In fact I am toying with that idea too. But must be quite high so as not to block views and not too much. Afterall it is not a D&D.

Hope you can get Sabdy. According to the forum she's good. I also very ga-ga one. Just confirm with her without seeing her portfolio. But will go for trial lah. :)

Have fun ya!

ling

HI blurydoey,

dun mention at all.

what about the singaopre???

if you are talking about the gown, of course you can. even for photoshoot.

flowee,

have you gain any weight ??? are you going to sarah 's lesson this friday, i'll not be going. it's my sis dinner.

today is the customary. im so tired now. they xiao one. 3am wake up and comb hair. and i was being call up at 6am. can you imagine. oh my god...

elaine,

try not to think about work loh... for me , as long as it is dark, i can sleep already. haha...
happy.gif

i dunno whether my day will rain or not. forgot sep got monsoon... this morning rain so heavily....

ling

hi everybody,

seems like there are more and more ppl in this thread.

actually 4k should be sufficient to get a good package. but for bridal shop i can really comment cos' i did not go and look around. Have you girls check out the few new bridal shops. there are quite a number of them.

cheers !
happy.gif

blurydoey

hi gals,
my beautician HP no:90491338 her name is marianna..She dun push her product n no additional cost when u facial..I think its around $750 for 12 facials with 2 masks n amplues n she also massage for u.Her place is at Chinatownpoint.Tonite I am going there for facial..I can try to ask her to give discount for first trial if u gals are interested..
Flowee,
I start my diet pills today, feeling weird weird not much of strength..will tell u gals when there is result..
Elaine,
U need to put water to the plate or get those that are not that strong smell...n do drink milk or honey before sleep good also and somemore good for skin...
Ling,
I was thinking of JLC got her quotation thru emails.Rather exp after comparing the JB Divine..I also like Divine gowns but they are too exp in sg.

kelsey

Hi Sunshinekid,

For $500, definately can get something tailored.....it all depends on the design and the material you use. If you go to a normal tailor, she should be able to do it for you for less.

The shop in Bugis is called Ted's Collection. I just went there last week. It's at the corner, on the 3rd floor I think. I only really looked at the cheongsams there not the evening dresses. It was ok but not really my style. Have you tried Pois? It's very expensive but sometimes, they have gowns there for like $600 or less. I saw one that was really gorgeous, fully beaded and it was about $600. Very glam! There's also a shop in Raffles Hotel on the 2nd level....there are lots of gowns in there but I'm not sure how much they cost.

flowee

ling

dun think gain nor lose any wt...

this wk my last wk of chicken poxs...
nvr next time we go 2gether 4 the make up lesson 4 missed...

ur sis weddin ah...
congrates 2 her...
happy.gif

blury

tks 4 the contact...
can find out abt her trial 4 mi...
tks...
happy.gif

wei

flowee,

Thanks alot. I have mtm my WG and EG with Thomson Wedding D'sign. My gowns will be ready in November. I choose them because I liked their style of gowns and photos. (simple and elegant)

If you are willing to spend and you want really classy type, you can try bridal veil (my colleage used them and I fund it very nice but more expensive. package about $4K+)