(2003) Brides of year 2003

sweets

Congrats Lynnie!! Wow, our first sister to get married....that makes the list of to-dos seem more critical now......*panic*

hey Priviledged, ditto feelings...super apprehensive about what things may go wrong....but guess mini glitches will make good memories too
happy.gif

lin

Hi Mei,

Studio WG 3 and Studio EG1. I meant the backdrop of the photos, what is the actual colour?

The black border really match the photos.Very good coordination of colours.

cherubies

Hi maya,
hee hee, ya we will make this thread more active since now it's just one month to our weddings.

I will be having mine (GDL) either 21 or 28 jun. invites will be sent out by that time too. me too haven't spoke to my helpers yet on their exact duties and have ring pillow, flower gal basket, guest books, church program and alot more have do yet... *panicking* hee hee...

yup yup. take advantage of the sales, we spent over 200 bucks on house stuff too, bought quilt, bed sheets, bolster etc..

don't worry. slowly shift. i even worse, haven't even pack yet...

have you all gotten your pixs? i will be going to choose today...

wedsoon

Hi all,
How about Fish & Co at Suntec or Spaghetti's at Millenium Walk? Just a suggestion. But I am fine with the steamboat too. Just inform me about the venue once it had been decided. Can't wait to meet up with you all
happy.gif

beibei

hi all,
me 3 days to go!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

think much has been done now only waiting for the BIG day to come.....

How's other June brides preparation?

kare2711

Shook
There are certain markets where you can bargain in Paris. The hotel I'm staying was the one I stayed in the last time I was there. Saphir Grenelle. It's in the 15th arrondissement and it's two minutes walk from the metro station and a minute walk from supermarket.. very important for me to replenish my water supply .. heh.

The weather in Switzerland..not sure. But in Paris, it's around 25 deg c. I think they have rather chilling nights though. I think even hot, also won't be as hot as Singapore. They are not humid too. In Australia, the temperature can go up as high as 40 deg c.. and since it's dry, it's very very hot. I guess it will be the same in Europe, but since it's only about 25 deg c, it should be very nice, or why would everyone flock to Europe in summer? But I'm still a winter girl at heart.

Pausini
If the cream is really good, I may have to go grab one or two myself. As I said, I could always help as I live really near a supermarket cum pharmacy - the Monoprix.

sleepy

Hi Ladies

Glad to see you ppl still alive....
biggrin.gif

I got my photos liao...but dunno how to upload on yahoo...still figuring how...then let u know...hee...unless anyone of you can teach me lah...

Hi cherubies, I'm done with flower girl basket, ring pillows, a draft of my church program and songs. Will be buying the papers from Techman for the program soon.Wat to brief on helpers?
Hope you like your photos!

Hi Maya, Need to give out invites, be collecting my inserts on Sat. Seem very late huh? A bit worry about how ppl will take to my design. I actually design my own insert. Now think it's a bit childish leh...

I dun have GDL. Cos my future mother in law can't be bothered. So forget it loh. I'm not expecting to get any 4 dian jing from her. Who needs it?!!

cherubies

Hi mei,
yup cos not enough pple on the tour. waiting for our tour agent to let us know. may take on alternative tours since we are prepared to take 24 days for the honeymoon. hee hee..

cherubies

Hi sleepy,
yup we still here.
i see if i can collect my pixs tonite. but my maxonline died on me so no way can do at home. will try to burn on cd...

you sure are fast. my church progam- now doing. for helpers, esp for reception team, "bride's guests on the left, groom's on the right"... blah blah blah.. hee hee...

inserts ah, don't worry ya. mine even worse. print from printer type and very little information. hee hee..

as for gdl, not sure abt fmil, but my mom wants cakes ... so we will be forking out our own $$$ for her. as for fpil, eh me too, no four dian jing even tho my fh is teochew somemore... but i want bigger angbao when i serve her tea. hee hee... i want cold hard cash, "show me the money"...
biggrin.gif

naturally

Hi Wendy,
I think all my close galfrens will want to be my jie mei, so it's not a matter of choosing, all of them will be in!
happy.gif
For me, frenship is definitely more impt that some auspicious number or wat crap, i wouldn't want to reject a galfren, or purposely invite someone i'm not close to, just to make up numbers... just my opinion, wendy, whether u have 1 jie mei or 100 jie mei, u must make sure these gals are genuinely willing to help u, and they are genuinely happy for u!
happy.gif
Otherwise, u will only create problems for yourself.... surely u have heard of stories where irresponsible jie mei disappear when they are most needed, or last minute say they are not coming, etc... The last thing u need is someone like that to spoil your wedding, agree?

yve

heehee, if u gers are having the gathering near suntec, maybe i can join u?? Staying at Ritz for the night leh.

sweets

beibei!! congrats to you...wishing you a smooth day !!!

wow....must be nice to have everything done liao
happy.gif
keep us posted ok ?

oh yah, i heard abt complication with childbirth when a woman gives birth >30years old, or difficulties conceiving the first baby when the woman is >30.

die die .... i'm better sit down to do some planning man! think better ask my gynae what he thinks!

thanks for your advise!

S

shanice lai

Hi beibei!!!!

Congrats! I'm sure ur wedding will be a beautiful and memorable one!
happy.gif

Shanice
happy.gif

are

wah yve.. so lucky, got 'special nite-out'??? ;P

i second the steamboat at suntec, quite nice and not too ex (unless the pirce change). then eveyrone can just choose wat they want to eat? ;P

my hubby not joining also.

pausini

Hi sue: I been to Pangkor island before, which part are u intend to visit? The last time i went we book a resort at the jetty at Lumut. Forgot how much but is really a resort lor, is a small hut. there are hotel there too but some said the beach other at the hotel side is not that beautiful anymore. I cant remember which month i visit the island, i encounter jelly fish so dun dare to swim. Infact, when i visit Bintan last yr also encounter jelly fish. the Jelly fish is like swim just beside me, i freak off. Ran very fast back to the beach. Told my hubby dun want to go down to water anymore. However, it can be very exciting seeing jelly fish swimming beside u but dun know got poison or not so i ran up.

Kare: I forgot to check the cream again. It is with my mum so i need to go back this friday to get the name. The cream can be found in most pharmacy. it is highly recommended by a colleague's wife. When we were there she got so many bottle back to SIN. I only get back two bottles never expect i need it so soon and the chance for me to go back France for work is not likely lor. I bought the cream at Arcachon the other part of France, i think paris is a bit more expansive. The cream is quite heavy so i dunknow whether u and shook will be able to bring it back for me. I see whether i can take a pix of the cream.

Shook: I bargain a bit at the small stall but i dun do that at the shopping center. When u vist the effiel tower there will be alot of pple asking u whether u want to buy the sovenior. That one can bargain...

lynnie

Hi Priviledged and sweets

On my first march in there is something wrong with the music, therefore we waited at the entrance for a while. Fortunately it is not half way going to the stage, therefore I feel it is not so bad and my guests doesn't seem to think that that is a long interval. So lesson to learn is that please remember to check that all your CD are in order. Bring your CD to play at the ballroom first.

Other than that, keep a cool head and try not to talk to your husband during the wedding, my experience is that it will be captured on the video camera! Doesn't look nice at all.

kare2711

Pausini
Oooh...if your colleague's wife lugged back so many bottles, that means it's really effective? You've used some yourself, what do you think?

All
I am all for meeting. Byt I think by the time everyone settles down, it'll be in July? Shall we set a date for July? I've been wanting to meet everyone for the longest time ....!!!! I'll only be back on 27 June.

kare2711

Pausini
I realised I didn't answer your questions. heh.. yah I enjoyed my wedding (evening especially) very much. And the two nights stay at the suite was perfect. SO and I spent so much time together, it's very nice. I tell you hor, last night, I cried because I miss Fullerton. It was such a good time we spent there.

And I wanted to say .. by the time we get to meet finally, if we do meet, you'll definitely be 'fatter', won't you??? LOL! Looking forward to putting more weight or not?

leo29

Gals,

The steamboat I mention is the one at suntec. Ya, the food is quite nice. I never eat at suntec before but another outlet at Lucky plaza.

chocs

Hi brenda,

you can search on web engines for these dates. You have to exercise caution though cos some dates may be suitable for some couples but inauspicious for others. Some of the calendars refer to China/Taiwan locations and the same date may not be good here. It is always best to ask the experts.

Rgds

cin

HI girls,

Long time no see...how are your preparations?

Hi Lynnie,
Congratulations! How does it feel to be a Mrs. now? hee hee, can't wait...18 more days to go for me... btw, can share what songs you used for walk-ins and first dish?

HI Beibei,

You must be very excited! went for your mani and pedicure yet? don't worry, i'm sure you will make a radiant, beautiful bride!

Me still buying furniture for house, it's like neverending...i see something i like, i buy...or suddenly i realise something is lacking in the house, so i go and buy...sent out wedding invites liao, now doing RSVP.

sunshine

Hi Renee,

I guess I'll leave everything to Michelle. I'll be going for my 2nd appt next week... will see Michelle's proposal then.

I signed up last year.. but I think BV arranges the apptointment dates based on the photography dates... working back from there. I had only confirmed my photographer and photography date with them in late april. I guess because your photography is much later in November, that's why your appointment is only in July. In fact, based on the photography date, you'll have a longer preparation time.

beibei

sweets,shanice and Cin,

Thanks for your well wishes!!

yup now only waiting for this sat!

would do my mani and pedi this fri...will be on leave from 5th to 23rd June..going to New Zealand....getting quite excited now!!

would update u gals!!

M

mt

Hi Wen,
the TY I saw when I was scouting packages, the lady basically had a bustier A-line with triangular pieces of tulle attached to the dress- very sculptural and modern.

My boutique's version sounds closer to the Martha Steward's you described! Bodice is pearl-beaded heavily, feather/ leaf/ petal-shaped organza on an A-line skirt. A friend said it had the Midsummer Night's feel too, ethereal, floaty.

I'm adapting mine to have less beading on the bodice- in crystal instead of pearls. My skirt is flared slightly bigger too, cos I don't look good in straight-down skirts. Short mermaid train. Maybe I'd have my petals in varying sizes- smaller around the hips and bigger at the base. Must stop thinking "feathers" heehee so won't think of feather-duster
sad.gif
)

I think tulle is "lighter" than organza in feel (except tulle sometimes looks close to gauze netting).

How many different gowns are you ladies having? Now I'm wondering if I should forget the Kua and have a nice expensive cocktail gown (I can't put Arab St's fabrics out of my head!).

S

serene sng

gals,

Feel like joining you guys leh!!!
blush.gif

but one of my collegue is resigning so they are organising sort of farewell party for her.. Can i let you guys know again. Pai seh hor..
I want to see everyone of u!!!

sleepy

Aiyo...is this cherubies? So wicked...

I'm having a church wedding in the dinner ballroom. Hee...hope half the guest will not fall asleep...
lol.gif

Am I the first one to get married here? Wedding on 12th. Aiyo, aiyo...so scary...

cherubies

Hi sleepy,
ya it's me...
biggrin.gif

wicked hor... hee hee..

sleepy, the guests will not sleep cos it'll be a first for many of them to attend a church wedding in a dinner ballroom..
happy.gif

yup, yours will be very soon. not scary. just look forward to your big day since you are more or less done with the preps, ok..

mine's on 26 july so still got abt 2 months to go...

shook

Hihi Kare
Wow, location of hotel Saphir Grenelle is very gd. How much is the hotel rental per day. I ask the Travelex staff to book for me 29.
Wow u leaving next mon come back on 27 Jun. Me leaving 13 Jun come back 27 or 28 Jun. Thot u going to Italy only. Where u going? Can share itenery?

Hihi Pausini
Aiyoh, v dangerous to get stunk by jelly fish. Last time I went to Bintan, a Caucasian was stunk by a jelly fish. Scaring.
Hmm..the cream gd then I oso wanna get few bottles 4 myself. If u afraid the cream v heavy, we can spread out the load. Kare, Peabrain n me can buy 4 u. Show us the photo of the cream, tell us the name n the price.

grace

steamboat is okie...
hehehe but me prefer fish & company..(pss..no need to share/dip utensils into the soup)..hehehe no hard feelings yah..

hi mt,
wah yr description for yr gowns so detailed..
so sad u dont have any pics or sketch... my imagination abit bad.. =P

ms ava,
lucky u never spend..mayb not time yet..

meow,
mel side no red paint leh.. only blue,yellow , green... need to see if we have others

meow

ava, i've drop you a mail

Girls,here's the details:
Date: this coming Fri(6th Jun)
Meeting Time: 7-730pm
Place: Suntec Steamboat?? Anyone working that area can check the price. Believe its around $19.80+++ or fish & Co what else over at suntec? What about the one at Joaquim(eh how to spell?) think price about $9.90 if got DBS credit card still got 10% less. The soup bowl is for individual one. So no sharing of soup to cook food.
Attendance: Meow, Amore, Besse, Leo, Grace, Akira, wedsoon, Are, Min, Wen, Feb, sunnyling
Un-confirm: Yve, Serene

Grace,
I've found red spray paint selling at $4 for nippon 600cc. Price okay to me. We can do it together during e wrist corsage session

oso32

hi gals,

seems like everyone's going to europe! how i envy u gals! i would be leaving for bali this sat ... decided on bali cuz both hubby & i could redeem our krisflyer miles for free tixs there. so figured we should save some $$ for our new house (which would TOP by next month)!

now we r busy shopping for furniture and browsing thru ID magazines for ideas. boy! really not cheap to do up a house nowadays.

ok ... i'm for the idea of meeting up too. seems like july would be a more realistic date since most of us would be away this month. to all those who r leaving for their honeymoon, enjoy yourselves ... would probably be a long time before we would be able to take such a long break again
happy.gif

oh .. and i really want to thank everyone for their advice and tips for my wedding prep! was really helpful and good to share our problems with each other. thanks, gals
happy.gif

minx

Hi Sunshine,

I'm also leaving everything for Michelle... have confident she's able to design my dream gown for me
happy.gif

My PS is in mid Nov.
happy.gif

leo29

What grace said oso correct, we still have to be very careful on hygiene. Then we better give up steamboat. Any objection? How about japanese food? There is a fiesta there. If not how about Tony Rama?

Meow,

I not sure which restaurant you refering. Me lazy type, normally don't look at the restaurant name unless I dine there b4. Now i recalled, is that the shop that sell tonics soup?

akira

hi girls,

since we are meeting at Suntec maybe we can consider Marche too. a variety of food to suit everyone, though can't remember if Marche does Japanese. one more option to confuse everyone
happy.gif

shirlynn

Hello Everyone,

How have everyone been??

Has not come to read for quite some time as me just shift to new place.. has not subscribe internet yet so not able to log in to read for quite some time.. now I am real BLUR... is this a gathering for makan or to make wrist corsages??

shook

Hihi oso

hmm... lucky gal can redeem krisflyer miles. I oso want....

Hey u can shop 4 some deco 4 your love nest in Bali. Where is your love nest gonna b?

Njoy your honeymoon.

Till we meet in Jul.
happy.gif

leo29

Can we make a reservation at Marche?

Hello Shirlynn,

Ya hor, long timee never see you here. This gathering is for makan. Want to join us this fri? Making of wrist corsages, you ve to check wif meow. I think some of the gals are meeting up to make it.

So you move in to your new house already?

wen

Hi MT,
sorry... not sure which one u r refering to... is it one of the designs in Female Brides? He uses lot of pleated tulle for his latest design. For tulle, only the spaghetti strap gown with sleeve attachment. The rest are mostly organza.

I have 3 different gowns for dinner. For cocktail, will be wearing my WG. Then change to EG for second march-in. And to my tea dress for farewell. No kua.

wen

Hi Leo29
Dont think can make reservation. Went to the Marche in Heeren. They refused to let us in until the whole group has arrived. not sure about suntec but think should be the same....

wen

Hi Shirlynn
Long time didnt c u coming in liao... how s everything? Have you selected your gown from bridal?? EG?? Last heard is you went to buy material - so what did u get?

yve

hey gers,
Do wear a tank top inside the kua. Helps to absorb perspiration and u never know who else has worn it before.

Hmm, maybe i will wear the kua during cocktail. WG during 1st march in and EG during second and farewell.

grace

yve..
thats a good idea..

meow..
so where to eat heheheh.... stress u.

we doing the spray on friday?? me nt yet buy ribbons yet.. going on sat only..heheh