i just went to arab street again today. If you're coming towards Beach Road from town, Arab street is on your left. Arab street in diagonally oppsite Plaza Park Royal Hotel.
The other end of Arab steet is where the Raffles Hospital and Golden Landmark hotel is.
In case you're interested, these are some of the shops i visted:
Royal Fabrics - beaded, organza etc. Wide range. Has 3 shops along Arab street. Quality good, price slightly higher depending on material.
Bobby Fabrics & Poppy Fabrics - wide range of embroidery on silk. Price ranges from $40 per metre to $85 p/m.
kk: night before photoshoot MUST try to sleep early! Try to prepare everything in advance so that you dun need to rush. PS need to bring following items:
1. Gowns (wedding gown, evening gown, cocktail / tea dress, kua / kebaya / cheong sam)
2. Suits, shirts, ties, shoes, cuff links, etc for groom
3. Shoes for bride
4. Accessories for bride
5. Loose powder (try not to being 2-way cake coz it may smear the foundation that your make-up artist used)
6. Contact lens eye drops (If you / groom is wearing specs, bring a pair of spectable frame only, no lens ... coz it's not so nice during indoor shoot. Outdoor is ok)
7. Water with straw (Starbucks has straws individually wrapped)
8. Money - somebody (usu your groom) will have to go out to buy lunch for you and the rest of the photographers, assistants, make-up artist etc
9. Oil blotters, lipstick (match as close as poss to the lipstick your make-up artist is going to use ... call him to check / get a sample so that you can match the colours in advance)
10. handiplast (in case you get blisters!)
11. You may want to consider bringing an extra pair of shoes for outdoor, or an extra pair of black pants for your groom if you intend to take beach shots that you'll get wet in)
I think that's about all. On yah, to make things less headache, must decide in advance on what shirt & tie you want your groom to wear on the PS. Else when you're at the studio, you will not have very much time to stand there to think.
Everyone have fun on your PS !!