(2002) Brides of year 2002

carol

Hi all bride-to-be:

Just wanting to know if there's any July brides around? My wedding is in July so would like to to discuss and chat with those who are also July brides.

Thanks & Regards:
carol

seashell

hi carol

me also a July bride
happy.gif

Looking forward to discuss more things with all the July brides to be.

regards,
seashell

carol

Hi seashell:
Nice to meet you.
My wedding will be on 21/07/02(sun).
What about you?

How your planning going on?

I still have 286 days to my wedding. Woh, really excited about it.
Cheers for the July Brides...

Regards:
carol

M

mo

Hi, mine is on the 6th and 7th of July 02...church and dinner respectively
happy.gif

Have you gals booked wedding dinner venue or boutique already???

carol

Hi Mo:
Congrats on your coming wedding in July.
I've signed up with Easac bridal Studio and my banquet will be at Holiday Inn Park View Hotel.

happy.gif

Just curious...
What makes you choose to wed in July?
As for me, it's a special month for us...
Our birthday falls in July and We ROM in july too!
Hehehe....

Regards:
carol

M

mo

hi carol,

our anniversary is in July...and my FH also proposed in late Jun/early July
happy.gif

caira

Hi Carol,

my wedding will be on July 20 and my dinner on July 21st too!

I'm also born in July and we liked the number 20.7.02
happy.gif

It's very exciting isn't it, time simply flies and it will be July before we know it..

carol

Hi Caira:
Nice to meet you and glad you're a July brides too.
Woh, so you're also born in July and woh...
We're having out banquet in the same day leh...
Btw, have you settle your bridal package and your banquet venue?
I'll be having my photoshoot in Nov.
Early?
Well, we just want to make sure that everything goes on smoothly.

Regards:
carol

carol

Hi Usagi:
Glad to know another July brides.
Btw, how's your preparation going on.

Have you booked your bridal package & your banquet venue?
Some says that It's still early to do so, however I don't think so. For me, I've settle for my bridal package and banquet venue, waiting for my photoshoot next month.

regards:
carol

seashell

hi girls,

seashell here, glad to see so many July brides here
happy.gif

I have booked the dinner venue oreldi and settle the bridal package.
however, will not be going for the photography so soon. Maybe in March next year.

Chosen July cos' my ROM also in July
happy.gif
and my bird-day too.
Same case as Caira and Carol.

Carol, why is your wedding photography so much earlier? Am i too late to take mine in March?

hope to chit chat with u all more often.

cheers!

carol

Hi Seashell:
I'm having mine eariler so that I've time for other things. I don't like last min rush...
Weddings is a lifetime affair, I just want to make sure everything goes on smoothly.

If you've planned well for yr wedding schedule, I think March is alright!
happy.gif

Regards:
carol

usagi

hi carol, i have just booked my dinner venue only. not looking into bridal packages yet... do i have to book so early ?? i am thinking of looking for it only in dec....

carol

Hi Usagi:
It good to look around more before signing up.
If you book your bridal package in Dec, when will you be going for the photoshoot?

Btw, care to care, where's your banquet venue?

Regards:
carol

M

mo

Hi Usagi,

Guess what??? I had my first date with my bf in July too...just like you
happy.gif
...so that's why that's our anniversary and wedding month
happy.gif

I think booking a bridal pkg is not so urgent, u can prob do it in Dec. However, if u have somewhere or some photographer in mind, then you had betta book early coz many couples out there might have booked them for that particular date that you want. Actually, it's good to book early. After that, can just relax and let the boutique call u up as and when there is a need to go down for appt.

So far, I've booked my bridal pkg and banquet. Just visit some bridal and check them out. HAve fun
happy.gif

carol

Hi Mo:
Welcome to the group of July brides.

Which bridal shop have you signed up with?
When's your photoshoot?
Maybe you can share with me some of the tips regarding photoshoot.

regards:
carol

M

mo

Hi Carol,

I've booked my pkg with Fontienne, the one just outside Carrefour. I've not even had my first appt with them yet since the booking, so I can't give you any real tips on photoshoot...sorry. My photoshoot will only be in March/April. Perhaps if I get any info, I'll share with you
happy.gif

Based on my friend's experience, for photoshoot, remember to get an extra pair of cheap shoes instead of wearing your wedding shoes, coz you may be going to places like the beach or wherever and it's inevitable that your shoes may be soiled or spoilt after a day's event.

How about you? Have you booked hotel and pkg?

carol

Hi Mo:
I've signed up with Holiday Inn park view Hotel.
I've managed to booked an ideal package
for us.
I've started to personlise my wedding by doing my own decoration for the reception area

Luckily, there are a lot of time to let me fulfill my dream.
hehehe...

Regards:
carol

F

freshpoison

Hi,
My wedding is in June so would like to be able to discuss with other June brides out there.
Regards

F

freshpoison

Hi

Mine's on 9th. How's ur preparation coming along?

Regards.

W

wylynn

wow ... you r fast ! hee ...

booked hotel, and church venue, florist, caterer, bridal package. got my hse too. no in the midst of reno.

have gone for my 1st appt for the bridal will be going for 2nd this weekend. i booked with bridal zone at IMM.

how about you ?
happy.gif

A

ah min

Hi Wylynn,

We have the same wedding date!! Mine's also 22nd
happy.gif

Where's your banquet? Mine's at Mandarin Hotel.

I'm booked with Bridal Veil..will only be going for 1st appointment in Nov..U're really fast!! going for 2nd appointment alr??

Btw, did u check whether 22nd June auspicious or not?? ehhee..we didn't check at all..

J

june02bride

hi freshpoison
i m a also a 9th june bride. booked my gowns fm wedding news and dinner at rendezvous.
aleadi fixed my foto shoot for feb, and also choose my gowns, alterations sometime in dec
happy.gif

F

freshpoison

Hi Wylynn,
Booked my venue oredi and bridal with GHA. Going 4 1st fitting tis weekend. My flat reno completing tis weekend.

Hi June02Bride,
U real fast... So wat's ur gowns like? which wedding news? JWN?. How abt new house? U staying with IL or on ur own with FH after the wedding?

Regards

Regards

W

wylynn

Hi Ah min,

Yea we have the same date hee hee ... no lah i didn't check aupiscious or not. I'm a christian so no need for that. We just pick the date cos we liked it.

U'r holding in Mandarin ? I'm not too far away from you .. hee .. i'm holding in Hilton hee hee ... wau dat nite i think orhard road will be crowded hee :p

Hi freshpoison,
wau reno completing soon ah .. so fast. where's ur new place ? will you be moving in soon ?
btw have u rom ?

J

june02bride

hi freshpoison
no, juz wedding news, not julia
happy.gif

as for new hse, we juz selected sembawang BTO, will only be ready in 2005, so temporary staying at my hubby's place. my MIL will also be moving in with us becos he's the only son.
how abt u?

F

freshpoison

Hi Wylynn,
My place at Sembawang. Most probably stay weekends only. Had my ROM last mth.

Hi June02Bride,
Will not be staying with IL. Y ur completion date so long time? Which part of Sembawang did u choose? Me at Sembawang too.

Regards

A

ah min

Hi freshpoison,
congrats on your ROM!
happy.gif

Hi June02Bride,
U're really quick! even chose your gown alr?? Don't u want to wait longer for a newer design??

Hi Wylynn,
Yes, Hilton not far away
happy.gif
Are U going to have a church wedding that day too?

yuki

Hi everyone,

I am Yuki and i am a june bride too. Same as Wylynn and Ah Min, mine is on the 22nd too! But i have yet to book any hotel/restaurants, bridal package etc, just my church wedding. Thought i still have time but after reading these messages, i think i better buck up now!!!!!

Any advice to do all these fast and good?

gracious

Hi gals,
I'm also a June bride and my wedding's on the 15th. Booked with El Shaddai, and my wedding dinner is at the restaurant of Hotel New Otani, called TaiKan-En.

Will be meeting wif my designer in December and have booked Jaki Ke as my photographer.

W

wylynn

Hi freshpoison,

How nice. me wanted sembawang but no have liow
sad.gif
so ended up in Admirlty
happy.gif
Which batch of flats are urs ?

Hi Ah Min,
Yes me going to have church wedding that day hee ... so will be hectic and bz ! :p hee ...

Hi Yuki,
err .. can't really fast unless you know exactly wat u want and where you want to hold ur dinner. Better book fast, ppls usually book 1 yr in advance cos afraid that the date may be taken up.
Wat u can do is sort out your budget and shortlist hotels that is within it and scout for one that you like and book it. Do remember that you also have to book bridal package and your florist and caterer for you church wedding !
happy.gif

J

june02bride

hi freshpoison
i took the BTO flats lor, that's y so long
sad.gif

hi ah min
i m not very particular abt gowns, since i saw what i liked, no harm juz booking it lor, anyway, will be going for measurement in dec, if got new designs, i can still change my mind
happy.gif

C

ck

hi 'Junies'!
Glad to see so many pple getting married next June! But I should be the 1st one here, church wedding on 1st June. Dinner at Rasa on 2nd June!
happy.gif
BTW - I have booked Allure for Bridal & Benny Ang for photos. Have selected a flat in Bk Panjang but it wouldn;t be ready till 2003! Gotta find a place to rent 1st ...
Keep up the chat!
happy.gif

J

june02bride

hi ck
congrats on yr wedding. btw, we wanted to book rasa too, but found the transportation abit of a hassle so we dropped the idea. will u be having yr cocktail reception by the seaside, must be very lomantic, hee hee hee

F

freshpoison

Hi Ah Min,
Thanks!

Hi Wylynn,
Can't remember which batch liao. Selected in mid 99'. Which part of Admiralty?

Hi June02Bride,
Nevermind, wait lor.At least u hav 1 less worry than those of us with the flat.

Hi CK,
Welcome to the 'chat'.

Regards

A

ah min

Hi Yuki,

Good to know U'd also chosen 22nd June! I think the most urgent thing for U to do now is to book the hotel!! As Wylynn mentioned, shortlist the hotel based on your budget and no. of tables, then proceed from there. I think U can find the prices of all hotels from the SB directory site.

Anyone here going to stay at Punggol?

W

wylynn

Hi Freshpoison,
my is the 686 series of flats in admiralty, not too far from the mrt...

F

freshpoison

Hi Wylynn,
Urs facing NorthOaks izzit? I was given the ones next to urs during my selection but din choose. Wat's the price and area like? Mine's very small, only 110m2 but managed to get the full length window.
Regards.

W

wylynn

yup yup the blk is facing woodvales but my window is facing the construction side that is building the 689 series flats.
my flr area is 115sqm. and the price is 220k (heard that my price was cheap cos some other owner say they got theirs at higher price hee .. )
btw that lot is it also dnb ? and all 5 rms is it ?
i prefer the full lenght windows from ur batch my house one got lines across the bottom ones i don't like :p but bo pian can't do anything about it
happy.gif

your sembawang flat is it the red white and blue ones or the 353 ones, facing the mrt? i quite like that batch though it's a little far frm MRT but the flats look very nice.

hazel

wow, so many june brides... hope u gals dun mind me joining in...

my customary is on 08 june, dinner 10 jun tentatively.... gotta split cos' my cousin oso getting married on 08 jun, so gotta split the dinner...

but me veri slow, dinner still tentative booking oni... haven't even gone shopping for bridal package yet... cos' busy wif our house now...

after reading all the preparations u gals have done, i feel so inefficient... looks like me really gotta buck up... like wat Yuki said

yuki

Hi Hazel,

Me too are busy with my house now. Just got the keys last month and are looking around for ideas to do up the house. So which hotel did you book? After reading all these messages, i half make up my mind to book my wedding banquet this coming weekend. For me it was quite easy cos i wanted something more for my church wedding, so the emphasis is more on the church wedding then wedding banquet.

Meanwhile, jia(1) you(2)!!!!! All the best and have fun in shopping for the bridal shops.
happy.gif

gracious

Hi Yuki,

Are you choosing Punggol as well?
I'll be in the coming quarter for the selection of flats.
Will be choosing the Premium apts.

How about you?

F

freshpoison

Hi Wylynn,
U r rite but my flat behind those facing MRT cos wanted blk tat only hav 5 rm. Blk facing MRT has 4 & 5 rm together. Ur flat very cheap, mine so small but almost ur price...
Just went 4 1st appt on Sat. Was happy wif WG designs but not EG colour. How abt u? Going again next mth to choose.
Regards

L

lotus4

Hi, Ladies

Mi too ....wedding on next June.
It is on the 2nd.

Anyone taking the photo-shoot in this year??
I going for my 1st appt next month to choose my gown....a bit worry about the dressing....afraid that cannot suit my figure!! (not slim & tall enough)

yuki

Hi gracious,

My house is in Sengkang, not Punggol. It's a design and build. No premium flat was available for my selection
sad.gif
So have you receive the brochures and stuffs? Personally i find the whole selection event very exciting. CAn't sleep for the whole of two weeks when i was about to select my flat. But i thank God for this good timing cos with this, i have ample time to do up my house and not rush things. Most importantly, it gives me time to save up more money!

What about you? HAve you feel the excitment yet? No worries, Punggol houses are all pretty nice so it will be a good living environment! All the best in your selection!

L

lotus4

Hai arctic_hare,

So how's yr preparation going on??
Where will u e staying after yr wedding??

Choosen your gown already??

Cheers

linda

Hi Hazel!
Me wedding on the 9th and dinner on the 10th too!!!

Hi wylynn,
Your block in the one driectly facing the MRT track? The blocks there a bit squeezy hor? The govt trying to save land but compromised on the distance or privacy btw each block
sad.gif

arctic_hare

Hello
happy.gif

Will be choosing my gowns this coming Sunday. Hopefully, can find something I like. Dun really know what I like anyway...

I will be staying with my in-laws (somewhere in the west) after the wedding. Trying to save some $$$. Actually, the real reason is ...I am lazy to do housework... Besides, when I have kids (my goal is 4), we can be one big happy family.

That idea sort of pleased them too. But my FH insisted on shifting out on our own, when times are better.

That's fine with me too. Am using the initial period as a kind of probation. If things really cannot work out, then we will move out.

Afterall, I am marrying the son, not the parents.

arctic_hare