(2002) Brides of year 2002

cherly

Jas03,

My NZ was wonderful but very cold there. It was supposed to be Spring and beginning of summer soon but the weather has changed and "Kiwi" told us this is the coldest spring they have for the past 20 years.

I have collected all my actual day foto and honeymoon foto, wow, a lots lei, we have abt 15 rolls of honeymoon foto and 8 rolls of actual day foto + 2 VCD lei. Maybe one day u all can come to my house then I can show u at one time.

C

corie

Hi Decbride,

Wow the list is really very long leh. Like so many things to prepare leh.

Strawberry - Next week will be ur wedding. Excited? Heehee...have you got everything ready? U must have printed out ur order of serviec liao right? So what will you be using for your processional and recessional? I will be printing my own order of service. Just got the approval from my pastor so will be doing it next week.

Gemi - What is the song you had chosen for your march in which you think is too short? I also love canon, but wun be using it though as i find this song very common nowsaday.

Actually, I also invited vegetarians to my dinner, partly cos some of my relatives are vegetarians. Hence, i round up the number and have two tables of vegetarians and make them all sit together but place their tables near people they know. Like that, I dun have to pay extra cos the hotel charge me the same price as the normal table.

strawberry

hi joannelim,

you can do what corie did, if you have that many vegetarians friends, once it hit 10 of them, you don't have to pay extra becos its counted as one table, that means the table will serve only vegetarian food.

my MIL ordered chocolate, marble and banana cake. thought the marble was not too bad, according to my colleagues.
happy.gif

hi corie,
yes, i hope i'll have more time. i hasn't got everything ready yet, hopefully will be done by this weekend. Thank God tomorrow is a holiday. i hasn't print my order of service yet, only going to see the artwork later this evening. both my hubby and myself are very busy at work, that's why loh.
i'm using Canon D for processional and From this moment on as recessional.

C

corie

Hi Strawberry,

Wow. Time is really not on our side huh? Which version of Canon D will yo be using? Have you chosen the worship songs too? So is GMC really moving to SK or SKMC is just a subsidery of GMC? What song will you be using for your banquet march ins and champagne pouring? I am thinking of using At the beginning and The Prayer for my march ins, but dunno which one for the 1st and which one for the 2nd. Any comments?

Joannelim - yar...maybe you can do what i did lor. Like that can save more money. According to my mum, it is ok to hav emore vegetarian seats especially if the vegetarians are not alone. Sometimes, people may wan a change of dishes and taste. Always remember, normal diet person can eat vegetarian but not the other way round. So, who knows some people may just tell you last min that they wan to try vegetarian chinese banquet dishes lor. As far as I know, soemtimes, the dishes are better then the normal one that we get.

bluechin

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">Good Morning All! </FONT>

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Jowie,</FONT>
Yap, i want a lambie badly but i dun need extra pressure from her u see..... can't she juz let nature takes it's course.
sad.gif

So unique the idea of the puzzle....nice nice!
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Jas03,</FONT>
u also under stress ah.... <FONT COLOR="ff0000">HuGs</FONT> Sometimes i feel that my mil feels that i'm a baby making machine.
lame.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Starfruit,</FONT>
i've not gotten my actual day pics from Nick yet cos he has lotta back-logs. I didn't want to rush him also so he will have time to do a better job.
happy.gif
I think 18 rolls of film is a lot for him to go through. My videographer also not ready..... too many weddings assignments before and after my wedding already.

Will definitely inform u gals when i have the good news!
happy.gif

jas03

Cherly, wah u took 15 rolls there uh! cant wait to see your pics.. u brought enuf warm clothings there for the unexpected cold weather?

Starfruit, now i watch the video again.. i see the part the cork din come out.. so malu..

I still remember in our outing at ponderosa, u said u will cut short yr hair right after wedding.. really Right After hor you?? i still contemplating contemplating.. mayb for starts trim off abit first lah.

cherly

Jas03,

No, we didn't bring any cold clothes there but was lucky we did bring a wind breaker and some long sleeves there. Managed to survive for our 17 days.

val

Talking abt vegetarians, how bout muslim? You all think they will wanna see the halal certificate? I think I'll leave my vegetarian colleague out cos he jus joined my other colleague told me can jus tell him that your restaurant dun serve vegetarian lor....but dunno will pai seh anot...

Wah strawberry if I were you I also regret...cos that vegetarian is not your fren but your fren's hubby...

gemi, your m'sia side so many relative ah? My m'sia side only have 8 tables....it's like we are not booking the whole restaurant so I dunno whether to wear anything special leh...wat you think? Wedding gown is definitely out leh...

Haha gemi, me also haven move my things...i think we all like huang di bu ji tai jian ji hor...hehehe...joanne u shifted everything liao then your hse now still will need to use some of your things, right?

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">dear all,</FONT>
thanks for the lovely compliments..
happy.gif
brightens up my day.. though i still feel very tired, hvn't recover all my energy yet!!

the outdoor location (sea?) was actually @ Changi. dunno the exact location, but was some reclaimation site, still undergoing reno then..

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">mint,</FONT>
dun worry, take ur time.. if u can't show us online, then u lug ur albums &amp; show us during the gathering loh...
lol.gif

ya, muz update us on the Samui trip!!

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">jas03,</FONT>
wat 1-3-5 take food, 2-4-6 take food?? i catch no ball leh..
uhoh.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">starfruit,</FONT>
ya lor.. now like so lifeless hor.. my hubby was saying last nite.. now everything over, like dunno how to settle down.. too used to rushing like mad then now not so much things to do, then dunno how to start doing other stuff.. e.g our new flat!!

i still hv the tendency to look at those wedding stuff when i pass by those shops leh
lol.gif

as for my hair, last nite was thinking, maybe i shld go perm it like the way i set on my wedding nite.. got a lot of good comments on my hairdo that nite...
happy.gif
but then, perm hair need to do maintenance.. then i super lazy so tot better cut short short...
crazy.gif
getting a bit fed up seeing my hair all over the new hse liao..

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">jowie,</FONT>
wah, still got Terms &amp; Conditions ah?! hubby was telling me all my Ah Yees wanted was <FONT COLOR="0000ff">angpows, angpows &amp; more angpows</FONT>. the only sabotage he got was to sing a song, in Mandarin which he's pretty bad at!!

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">cherly,</FONT>
still waiting for u to update us more on the NZ trip leh.. hiaz.. i muz hurry hubby to fix the date &amp; to go book tix liao lah..

<FONT COLOR="119911">for us, hubby oso had a hard time pushing out the cork from the champange.. after a long while, the cork finally popped.... &amp; bingo.. it broke a glass on his lady colleague!!!
rofl.gif
</FONT>

partygal

Joanna,

Wah.good for you, finished shifting already. The books alone enuf to kill..I kept all my school books, cos I'm tat kind that can't bear to throw books away. Was so upset when my mum gave all my childhood Enid Blyton books away. Till now stil grumble to her about it. It'll take a long time for me to shift, cos the books are very heavy.

As for the cakes, I ordered 10 boxes marble, 10 boxes banana and 10 boxes walnut. Dunno why I ordered so many kinds of different flavours since all send to different people also.

Val, Yah Loh..so many tables. Freaking out. Somemore my parents tell the relatives in M'sia "come come all come, bring all your children..dun worry about ang pows"..I more worried about not having enuf seats, than the ang pows. As for the gown, actually you can just wear your EG. Or a cheongsam would also look nice.

Now nearing the wedding, having more and more stress, even my hubby also very stressed so his mum hasn't sent out invitation cards. Now everyone seems to be in super sensitive mood. Tempers flare easily. Must be very careful when we talk.

Corie, I haven't chosen the songs yet..so difficult. Bought these two discs of romantic songs, but only 1 song suitable "Tonight I celebrate my love" for my M'sia banquet. The rest the titles sound very nice, but if you look at the lyrics not suitable - got words like "goodbye", lonely blah blah blah

cherly

Angelia,

Not that i don want to update you but don know how to start. Maybe when I show u the photos then easier to talk. 17 days lei so long. Tell you a joke, while we on board and the plane has not took off, me has window seat and I told my hubby, this trip I didn't bring anything lei, I didn't bring money, except S$50 for taxi fare when we back, didn't bring my Visa, also didn't bring driving licence. Guess what my hubby said, he said, me too lei, I didn't bring my driving licence, in fact didn't bring my wallet, except 2 Visa and some NZ dollar. Wow, my face turn black, becos we are self drive, w/o licence how to drive, then when we arrived NZ, quickly called my sister to courier it to us.

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">cherly,</FONT>
rofl.gif
u 2 so blur.. take self-drive pkg din bring driving licence..
rofl.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">enid,</FONT>
my photos oso taken by <FONT COLOR="ff6000">Jimmy</FONT> leh..
happy.gif

yup, heard he set up his own biz.. hope he's doing well..
happy.gif

btw, u din share ur pix with me rite???

jas03

Angelia u din see the advert for last episode of zhen qing meh?? they sit on long long table.. all of them come back for the last episode so alot of pple.. so they alternate in taking food on the table. 1-3-5 take food. 2-4-6 take food. like military like tat. so funny!

Now i watching abit of the cockroach show at 10.30pm. channel U. so funny that ms mao!

jas03

Cherly u all win oredi lor. Never bring license.. but did it take long for it to be couriered over to you guys?
happy.gif

When we were in melb, we kena speeding ticket and parking ticket. Last wk wrote in to appeal. The fine for the speeding ticket is A$360!!!! aiyo!

bluechin

angelia,
How come i cannot see outdoor pics? Only saw 9 studio pics! But u looked gorgeous!
happy.gif

I think i'll get home and try again..... dunno wat's wrong..... only see 9 pics in studio and 9 pics in ROM section.

U also still feeling sian ah.... me too... was telling hubby why dun we go on another trip during Christmas cos i still have leave..... But he has too much work and it's not very nice to take leave again. So we thot we could go for some short weekend trips.
biggrin.gif

u and Jas03 also have champagne popping jokes ah..... my hubby popped the champagne and we were shocked that the pressure was so hard, the cork flew thru the ceiling of Hyatt's ballroom. We have no idea where it went.....
lame.gif

jessy

Hi Pinky,

Went to your website already..you look pretty and the studio pics are very unique but simple too
happy.gif

Btw, have you distributed your cards? when do u tink we should check on RSVP?? 2 weeks before 30th dec? pls advice..tks..

Are you buying accessories to match your WG and EG for your dinner? heard from my bridal shop ppl mentioned that they will only cater accessories for the day time only..nite time will be either on rental basis or i have to source for my own...real headache (have not buy any yet)..

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">bluechin,</FONT>
u gotta click on the "next" link below the pix lah.. but gotta wait till the pix fully loaded, then when mouseover, u can see a slightly bigger version....
happy.gif

huh? the cork <FONT COLOR="ff0000">FLEW THRU</FONT> the ceiling?!! wah, then did Hyatt get u to compensate or not??
rofl.gif
luckily our restaurant din ask us to pay for that broken glass.. then that <FONT COLOR="ff6000">kuek's</FONT> female ex-colleague ask him to sign on the cork..
lol.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">jas03,</FONT>
well, i u dun intend to go back to Melbourne, then can jolly well forget abt the fine... that's what the traffic police told us last time..
biggrin.gif

no leh, din c the trailer for the last episode.. hopefully i dun miss that!! din catch the cockroach show lah.. too bz, then better dun watch else nez time got hard time chasing..
sad.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">enid,</FONT>
u dun hv the proof?? or the 4R album? can scan that as well...

mint

Hi all,

I'm just testing out to see if yahoo works so only put a few fotos. If ok, I'll add more. hehe!!
proud.gif

http://photos.yahoo.com/pamgordon

jowie,

Ya, I saw in the triston yeo's thread got someone tink you are him...haha!! so funnneeee!!!
lol.gif

angelia and starfruit,

don't worry, sure tell you about it when I come back from the trip. Can't wait now...so excited!!
bounce.gif

all,

actually I also now very sian...no errands to run after the wedding is over...sigh!! used to one whole year of being a "siao cha bo"
biggrin.gif

also looks like I'm gonna be the only one who's not going to cut my hair....can't cut leh...cos will have "bao zha tou".
lol.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">i going off... tok to u gals on Monday!!</FONT>

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">ENjoY YoUr HoLiDAyS!!!!!</FONT>

12848.gif

jolene

Hee... Blossom lonely ah!!!!!
biggrin.gif
For me, no plans cos' hubby has to work.... me trying out some baking recipes at home.
biggrin.gif

cowie

Blossom.... everything went well?
wink.gif

I have nothing concrete planned.... most likely housework, parents' visit.....

Jolene,
I have been wanting to bake too but just cannot find a full stretch of time available for it leh
sad.gif

blossom

hi jolene,
yah loh, no mood to work today....
lame.gif

my hubby working on sat. so i will stay at home. wow, baking ahh, i prob burn the hse if i try....
biggrin.gif
u got the receipes from carol in the receipe thread is it?

blossom

cowie,
everything went well. hmmm... my bosses all on leave lah, so they dunno yet. maybe i will be scolded after they come back next week.....
lame.gif

i think i have to do hsework too.... i notice that whenever i wash toilets or use any strong detergent, my hands will become very dry and may start peeling.... if i use gloves, it will be very hot and my hands get itchy as well. maybe my skin very sensitive. my hubby said im da siao jie....
lol.gif

bluechin

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">angelia,</FONT>
The thing is i dun even see the next button..... think i will try at home tonight instead.....

Yah, it flew thru the ceiling..... Thanks goodness Hyatt never ask for compensation.
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">mint,</FONT>
Thanks for sharing your photos.... The two of ya looked so happy and u looked great!..... i love your bouquet! It's so me! between purple &amp; blue.
happy.gif

Wow, u know chinese ah.....so clever! Sian hor go back to work.
lame.gif

<FONT COLOR="ff0000">Selamat Hari Raya!</FONT>

decbride

hi gals,

actually some of the items are sort of repeating, so that I can spread out the task, but I'm too lazy to summarise. :p

for vegetarian, you might like to consider either sitting them at a table to make 10 or discuss with your hotel and see if you can sit 11 at a table or not. That way, you can just pay 10 + 1 vegetarian.

However, do note that it might get a bit squeezy so you might also need to consider who sit at that table.

Hope that helps.

Hi Gemi,

ha ha... my hubby also has the same thinking and his mum has been nagging. :p
Me on the other hand, has been taking things bit by bit so that It will not be so difficult to move at the last min.

Hi pinky,
can I see your photos also?? ;)

cowie

Blossom,
I just turned in a report this morning...... waiting for my boss to throw it back at me for revision
lame.gif
Meanwhile, have to start analysing some data....
sad.gif

My hands also get very dry when I use any form of detergent. What I do is use those thin gloves....disposable types. It does help lah..... I put it on when I scrub the bath area or when I wash the toilets. But they are very light-weight, so have to be careful about water entering from the wrist part..... but better than nothing lor. Can get from any supermarts. My mum used to buy the latex disposable types, more fitting.... but I dun like the latex smell
lame.gif

blossom

cowie,
same same.... i dun like the latex smell either.
lame.gif

my bosses not around, no mood to do those reports, plus they seem to have the intention to amend the figures. sigh, i will try to finish them by today....
crazy.gif

jolene

hihi,

Ya, me trying out Carol's recipe. Wish me luck!!! Hubby always say why must bake, go cake shop and buy can leow.... *sighz**

Cowie,

Try and find some time during the weekend lah... maybe a Sunday afternoon to bake. Quite fun!

Hmm... since both of you have got such sensitive hands, why not ask your hubby to do the washing???? Hee... for me, hubby will wash the toilets, wash the plates, mop the floor etc. Me? Eat and watch TV lor!!! He says I use too much detergent, use too much water, why must wash so many times, etc. I fed up so ask him to do all these himself!! I cook and bake instead. Hehehehe... Alternatively, you can try and apply moisturizer/Vit E on your hands after doing housewk. It should help abit.

cowie

Blossom,
Get those without latex. That is what I do
happy.gif

Alternatively, there is this cream that I have seen in pharmacies.... it is suppose to act like a glove.... that is, you apply on and it is supposed to have some barrier protective effect
happy.gif

Jolene,
Yup, if I bake, I usually do it on Sunday morning or afternoon. But going out this sunday
wink.gif
So have to shelf my baking plans. My hubby is quite supportive.... whatever I bake, he will eat
happy.gif
.... but I think he is enjoying it so far
lol.gif

Well, where housework is concern, both of us are involved
happy.gif
Can be quite fun doing housework together.....things get done faster
happy.gif
Like last weekend, I sweep and vacuum, while he mopped
happy.gif

blossom

jolene,
carol so capable hor. maybe i should try one of these days... u baking using those small ovens or big ones? the last time i bake was during sce sch... home econ lessons....
lame.gif

u so ho mia, my hubby will do all hsework but he is not that particular abt toilets, but i am!!! so i do loh....
crazy.gif

jolene

Cowie,

You are lucky that you and your hubby can coordinate so well. My hubby is a very clean and neat person so very particular how the furniture is to be cleaned, wiped, etc. Therefore to avoid conflict, I leave him to do all these. Me just do the laundry and cooking. Heehee... my hubby will also eat whatever I cook/bake, no matter if its nice or not.... I always tease him saying that no wonder he sayang me so much cos' everytime eat what I cook!!!!

Blos,

Me dun like cleaning toilets but hubby does. He washes it everytime he showers. But then, I am not complaining!!!

cowie

Jolene,
I am the more particular one.... but if I want my hubby to help out, I have to make sure I don't complain too much
lame.gif
..... But washing of toilets, and ironing is still fully done by me....

blossom

hi jolene,
wow, ur hubby is really rare.... few guys are so clean and neat... if my hubby dun anyhow throw things around, i already very happy.

wah! clean toilets everytime he showers, very hardworking leh.... so envious....
talker.gif

mint

bluechin,

Thanks... Robin, our photographer kept making us laugh...tat's why we look so happy.
lol.gif
The flowers are a combination of iris and freesia...smells veri sweet too...

I took chinese in school last time...

all,
Enjoy your long weekend!!

jolene

Hahahaha..... I admit my hubby very rare. Sometimes I get scolding for leaving my things around. I like to put my bags below my bedside table so that I can switch them easily whenever needed. He will take and keep them all in the cupboard!!! Haiya, he doesn't like to see things lying around the house. It must be cleared or be kept in the cupboard.

I dunno why but he likes to clean toilets/sinks. He will rinse the walls, remove the stray hairs from the floor opening, wash toilet bowl, etc. I will normally just shower and go off.... kekekekeke.... damn lazy rite??? Hubby always complains how come my hair drop so much whenever I wash yet I dun clean... I say since he toilet-expert, leave him to do lor!!! He buay tahan!!!

bluechin

<FONT COLOR="0000ff">mint,</FONT>
Wow.... th&aacute;t's a very nice combination.... i had freesia as part of my actual day bouquet too!
happy.gif

u enjoy your holidays too!
bounce.gif

blossom

jolene,
aiyoh, why u like that?
nono.gif
actually im also guilty of that.... my hair dropped like mad and i just leave them to to clog the floor opening.... then i go and clear loh....
lame.gif

cowie

Aiyoh.... both of you lazy girls.... I think I am the most diligent.
proud.gif
I will clear the opening of hair daily
happy.gif
....erhm at most by the next day lah.... I also drop hair like crazy and the sight of those hair at the opening.....yeeeee.....
crazy.gif

jolene

Ya, Cowie most hardworking, unlike me... Initially I did clear the floor opening but I tot since hubby wash toilet everyday, he will open the floor trap and clear the hair mah, so I dun need to do lor.... hubby spoil market, dun blame me lah.... but I admit the sight of those hair at the opening very unslightly. Worse thing is most of the hair belongs to me.

But, he cannot understand why gals with long hair drop so much hair... I say I cut my hair shorter, he says NO, cannot, not nice. So how ah?????

blossom

cowie,
haha.... that's why i was so worried by my hair loss at one time.... my hubby complains so much and the floor trap is so unsightly....
lame.gif

now my hair loss more controlled but he drops more hair due to work stress.... so still got a lot of hair there. okie okie, i clear tonite....

cowie

My hubby also do not like girls with hair that are too short.... so I cut mine to just below shoulder and still maintaining at that length. Prior to that, my hair was below my bra-line.
happy.gif
I told him that once in a while must cut short so that hair will be more healthy.... He doesn't have any problems with that so long as the hair length doesn't go anywhere too much above the shoulders!
biggrin.gif

blossom

jolene,
my hubby also prefer me in long hair. i also told him the same thing that i want to cut my hair short and he doesn't want.
wink.gif

blossom

cowie,
wow, ur hair so long..... mine never go beyond the bra line. maybe my hair not very healthy, it always seem to stop growing after it touches the bra line.
lame.gif

cowie

Blossom,
Actually that was the longest I have kept..... more cos of the wedding....
happy.gif
In JC, the longest was about 2" above the bra line. My hair also not very healthy
sad.gif
Have thinned a lot a lot over the past few years
sad.gif
sad.gif