(2002) Brides of year 2002

M

mo

Hi julybride,

I have a suggestion abt printing your bulletin which will save u lots of time and money.
If your church/hotel has a projector, just project it and the people sitting around waiting will be looking at it too. No point printing all these and in the end people throw them away without even looking at it. My friend did that too and suggested to me. Really saved me tons of effort and time
happy.gif

Yup...getting really excited but stressed too. Hubby's work is super stress and I'm worried he'll not be cheery on that day
sad.gif

carol

Hi Mo,
Me also quite stress, 'cos some of my in-laws guests are not confirmed yet....
sad.gif

Really worried that I would have enough time for R.S.V.P
Then have to worry about who to sit where, & the VIP tables as well.

Carol

obride

Crayon2512, MY htb not too keen on backpack HM, like Europe, he believes HM is comfortable and relaxed, with minimal travelling,... so Europe is out for us for the moment,... will consider this maybe next year or year after next,... Yea, we are the sun sand and sea type, thou my htb does not swim very well,.... sometimes i worry for him as I won't be able to save him if anything happens,... and he is the showy type, just want to appear like better swimmer than me
happy.gif

The accomodation u talking about above is for Mauritius? Price is too good! What's RCI? I will check up the marketplace forum for lobang, thanks for sharing

L

loreal

Hi Loreal,
Liz,
Wah..tats cheap! only $4 for the frame???.. i guess its those transparent plastic frame right?.. Think shld be easy to find.. my hse there got popular store.. i wld go and see.. Thanks for your offer for help..

OIC, i 4got about the 30 extra cld take back samples.. So u lucky can take back samples no doubt u need another 5 extra.. They r quite flexi thou..But i guess they've actually earn alot fm the extra photos we select.

Dunno leh..i also very puzzled, i ever read somewhere in this forum, some pay higher to print on cards itself.. so which is which? Normally pple wld think since print on inserts mean extra cost(papers) tat's why more ex.. tat's wat i think too.. Furthermore, the kinda paper tat we select also cost different. I also hope to save the trouble tying strings but my card clnd't do hot-stamping on itself..as the card's material is not smooth surface..So hows your card? By now u shld have seen it? up to your expectation? Check with u..did your supplier do a sample artwork b4 starting to print? At the moment my supplier say he's giving me FOC for artwork (i thot all along no need to pay?)

As for actual day photographer..if i'm not wrong it shld cost about $600 to $800. But if u hire those famous photographer they may chrg 1000over.

L

loreal

Hi! Blossom,

Tat means each card cost u 60cents.. ok lah..rather reasonable ..i assume inclusive of mould for hotstamping rgt?

Hey.. still got about 3 mths to your wedding..and now your MIL already planning wat to give u in GUO DA LI ah? How do u know when to Guo Da Li? I really got no idea. My mother Christian, dunno anything.. But did hear my MIL talk about it. Nothing in details yet.. Haha.. me very smart even before my MIL want to give me anything i oredi ask my FH to tell her not to give me gold. I dun like/wear.. But those mix one still can accept. Mayb u let your FH to communicate with your MIL tat no point giving u gold accessories instead give u diamond or platinum lah..

Think its better to make known rather then in future your MIL come asking u why didn;t wear the gifts she gave.

L

loreal

Hi! blossom,
Check with u something.. have u moved into your new flat? So did u install a new tel. line oredi?
Or u wait till Sept?
I dunno whether to install now or later leh.. cos havn't actually permanently shift in ..

blossom

hi loreal,
i told my fh to tell my mil long time ago but she feels that diamonds have no investment value.... sigh! i gave up already.
lame.gif

'guo da li' is the engagement day when my fh will bring 'pin jin', wedding cakes, roasted pig etc to my hse.... must do it before 7th mth since my wedding is just after 7th mth. mine is in early august. dun u need to have one?
uhoh.gif

i am oni moving into my new hse in sept. but may install tel line in july. my hse is in punggol... next to the blk which ganna burglared recently. scared scared, so will be installing alarm system. that will need tel line.
talker.gif

lollipop

Hi Crayon,
For indoors, I only wore my WG and EG. I didn't think it was necessary for me to exchange for more gowns cos I would be wearing 2 other gowns for the outdoor shoot.

thedevil

Hi obride,

me too din know lunar 9th mth not suitable for wedding...only tot 7th mth!! aiya, everything also my FMIL say lah....i had some unhappy experience wif her regarding dates, venue, n even timing!!!! of coz i lost
sad.gif

hi ladies,

r u all hving yr PS soon? mine will b 8jul, kind of nervous coz i hate to take pics n cant smile properly. i m only using my WG n EG for PS.

girl

hi,

looks like not many postings this few days again....
flo, pinkapple, angeline meeting up on sunday right?
angeline, when you flying back?
happy.gif

lollipop

thedevil,

I have had my photoshoot in May. Tonight going for a second round selection, ie to choose which photo we want for our portrait, table-top and wedding album cover.

You are wearing ure actual WG and EG for outdoor shoot as well? Wish I could do that too, but not all studios do that cos we might dirty the gowns.
Dun worry about it, just make sure you get loads of rest the nite before, and go without make-up. Enjoy the whole procedure and be natural.
happy.gif

Where do you intend to go for ure shoot?

thedevil

hi lollipop

yes i remember u had yr shoot in May02 n u love yr pics
happy.gif
...its fantastic tt u like yr pics, 2nd round selection? tt's interesting...enjoy yrself. btw will u be sharing yr photos wif us?..heehee.

yes i'll b wearing my actualy gowns for the shoot but outdr only WG coz my photographer dont allow change of gown outdr. coz Divine n studio d'fia (kim) is independent of each other, we hv to use our own gowns as kim is only a photographer.

starbright

Hi thedevil

I am having my photoshoot in Jul too, 10 days after yours. Like you, I only get to wear the WG for outdoor shoot 'cos my photographer also dont allow a change of gown. My photographer is Chris Ling.

lollipop

Hi thedevil,

The reason we are going down for a second photo selection is because we couldn't tell them which photo we want for our table top, portrait etc. Might share the pictures with you guys, we'll see how
happy.gif

Yah, Divine is one of those few boutiques which actually allow their brides to wear their actual WG during photoshoot. Remember, to relax.

angeline

Yup Girl,
Flo is my part-time PA for the 2 days. She's knows my schedule for my trip.
SO TIRED.
Today's been such a terrible day at work and it's not even Friday the 13th.
Tomorrow half day work, rush to airport straight after, once arrive, meet actual day photographer Ngiap Heng, make up trial with Ponnie Hsu at 8pm. Sunday morning 9am, make up trial with Sarah. Lunch at Traders with you, Flo and Pinkapple. After lunch go see Flo's WG, then to Shangri La to see their venue, if still have time after that, may go reckee other venues. On Monday morning, meeting florist, appt with caterer to see Fort Canning and Mt. Faber (got to budget which is cheaper, hotel or outdoor)at 11am. Go reckee other hotels (Conrad, Merchant Court, Hyatt, Goodwood Park) in the afternoon. Meeting with another actual day photographer in the evening. Tuesday morning fly back to HK, back to office to a dog's life in the afternoon.

SOOOOO TIRED

girl

angeline,

Wow, your schedule is really packed!!!
Hope you find the trip successful
happy.gif

Have a good trip here....
See you soon
happy.gif

apple

Only now I read abt a gathering... still got "vacancies"?? It's been a while since I came back to this thread. Pinkapple your photo shoot shld be over already rite? Me too! Last Fri!

Actually I visited Traders last Sat. Went to see the suite coz thinking of booking the suite for my wedding...me not having banquet u see...so need a hotel room for tea ceremony & also for our wedding nite! Traders having a good deal for suites really...gotta choose Traders coz it's near my church. So it'll be convenient to and fro from wedding venue.

Who's the organiser for the lunch gathering? Flo?

girl

apple,

i think i know who you are?

yippee.... do come for the lunch....
would love to meet up with you too
happy.gif

made a decision about the suite yet?
happy.gif

thedevil

Hi starbright,

hope we all enjoy our session n most impt we look great in the pics
happy.gif
...my bro had chris ling as his photographer as well....n its vry well done
happy.gif

obride

hi, u all go to the same bridal studio is it? mine is bridal zone.... so far so good, coordinator very willing to accomodate to my schedule as my htb is not in town,... so we have to do the PS pretty late, and thus the album need to be ready in a very short timeframe of less than 2 months.. looking forward, at the same time worried, cos i'm the kind not very comfortable in front of camera esp if i take individual shots, i prefer to take group photos, or couple photos...

curious

Hi all

Hey, i was wondering if my PS is too late. My wedding is in early Oct and I am having my PS only
end of July. Please advise. Also, it would be good to see a list of anyone's photoshoot vs their wedding date.

lollipop

Hi Curious,

Usually the wedding album will be ready in 2 to 2 and 1/2 mths time. If ure photoshoot is end July, then ure album might only be ready by end Sept. If you do feel that it is a little rushing, perhaps you can nego with ure studio to ask for an earlier appt.

My wedding is on Oct 19th, my photoshoot was on May 10th. My album will be ready for collection on Aug 31st.

och

hi julia,

sorry, was overseas, so din see ur post. thanks for telling me abt hyatt. i've told my coordinator that i wanted the dinner to finish by 11pm. he was the one who asked me how long i wanted the dinner to be, so i assumed he knows how to speed up the process.

i've booked my wines already. it's on consignment.
happy.gif
i'm still deciding on the wordings of the invitations, those should be done in a couple of weeks time. just in time for me to hand out during food tasting.
biggrin.gif

as for the guest list, my grandparents had similar problems. i sat with them n made them list out all the pple they wanted to invite. when i first started, the process was quite slow, but it gets easier after they warmed up a bit.

obride

My wedding is 7 Oct and my PS is 17 Aug
happy.gif

Super rush job but bridal shop promised to deliver mine before my wedding.

obride

yes, it is... but they should be able to deliver, becos i know the coordinator personally.....
happy.gif
and she is pushing for it for me.

T

tomyam

curious, my wedding date is 5/10 and had PS on 28/4. expect to collect albums in mid-Aug.

J

julia andrew

Hi OCH

Just saw on BT that Hyatt will b refurbishing their grand wing beginning Aug. I am quite worried so gave Hyatt a call. They reassured me that everthing is all right but I still feel very very uncomfortable.

If u have any update, pls let me know.

natalie

Hi julia, och

Any idea wat kind of refurbishment hyatt will be undertaking? Grand wing as in grand ballroom right? Oops, sure hope they're not changing the theme much... i like it the way it is! Haven't sign up with them, but i'm intending to soon....

But i guess they shd be able to give u a good ballroom by sep... they know septembers are hot dates and they have a lot of weddings, can't afford to offend so many couples right? So dun worry, okie?

btw, unlikely they'll take out the chandeliers right? They're my fav!

obride

wow, tomyam, looking at your dates and checking lollipop's dates, i realise that i'm really very very late,even thou this is something i knew right from the beginning, but it still made me say 'wow'

liz

hi loreal,

I have collected my cards including the mould.
At first when i read in the forum, i also saw that hot stamping is much more ex than insert but untill i went to my printer, i realise that hot stamping is cheaper. My supplier did do the artwork for me to see b4 proceeding, he did not charge me for that.
So have you settle your cards?
I very kia su, after i collected my cards, i ask my mum to write the name for her side of relatives
already.

As for GUO DA LI, me and hubby went to temple to check which day is lucky and good. My mum did not ask for much things except for cakes and canned 'pig leg'. She dun want any roasted pig or those traditional items coz she says that nobody will eat and will be wasted.

Blossom,

when is your GUO DAO LI? I will be having GUO DA LI and AN SHUAN on 10/9. We need to give out the wedding cards b4 chinese 7th month, have you got your cards?
Have you talk to alan regarding the sample?

och

hi julia,

asked my coordinator abt the reno. according to him, only surface renovations r done, i.e. changing beds, decor etc.

L

loreal

Finally my artwork is done and today i just gave my supplier instruction to print.. phew..phew... Just last weekend i spoted a few chinese characters being printing wrongly.. If i didn't check properly the tiny wordings..think kena laugh by frenz and relatives.. The character look the same at a glance but u know lah chinese wording, just the "side character" can make the word the wrong meaning.. How long did u wait for the hotstamping to complete? My supplier told me earliest to wait about a week.
Wow.. u even started writing names liao huh.. make me so gan-cheong leh.. I thot still got time..
So when u intend to send out the cards to frens?.. Wldn't u think abit too early? Mayb my wedding is end Sept., so if i send out now.. think too early..

Blossom/Liz, Talking about Guo-da-li, so did your both your parents meet each other yet to discuss? Mine havn't meet lei..think cannot drag liao..mus really arrange a day for them to meet..
My mum christian..dun really have in mind wat she wants.. so i also in difficult position.. Sigh..sigh..

apple

hi Jinette!! my neighbour!!

how are you? So you moved in to P21 already? I haven't even started my reno...sigh, so so slow...but confirmed ID lah, just gotta get our butts moving!

The meeting was great, i chat often with Flo & Girl at FBO so actually such a joy and privilege to meet them in person!! And also angeline whom I'm meeting for the 1st time, and I am so envious she stays in HK!! Me like HK very much!! Angeline can I come to visit you? hehee....

Pinkapple, how come u didn't come for the gathering? Wish to meet you leh...let's try to organise another one yah??

jinette

hi apple !!

yap moved in to P21 , but the hse in a total mess at the moment. still packing coz my mum has yet to move in.

pinkapple, bz wif ur stuff ?

jenjen

hehe... cherly, I dunno abt back massage or scrub... but some of the gals go to beauty inspirations for the back scrub... u can check it out... can ask SSL too... did u see my msg in the joint 4some thingy for air tix??
happy.gif

cherly

OK, will check it out from beauty inspirations. My hubby said my back got some white spot, that why I was thinking to do scrub and hopefully will cure.

I don understand yr last sentences lei
uhoh.gif

pinkapple

hi.

so sorry I didn't join u girls for the meeting. last min can't find flo's no. =p

yah. so how did it go?

ange back in HK already?

pinkapple

jinette,

world cup over... so now it's back to ya wedding preps?

=) my students had a bit of the after-world-cup-syndrome on Mondy... hee