2 way cake to recommend?

tealeaf

Hi ohstrawberry,
is MAC Studio Fix a 2 way cake or foundation? Is it true that 2 way cake tends to clod pores??

vone

hi gracious,

i m using d prescriptives 1. finds tat it's got gd coverage yet i dun feel 'makeup' at all. as 4 d clogging pores prob, i find tat i hv 2 remove my makeup totally, if not my pores will get clogged irregardless of wat makeup i use.
happy.gif

gwyen

i used Precriptives 2 way cake before, but didnt like it. Preferred MAC Pro Preferred White 1 way cake. Later on, i stoped using 2 way cake cos it clogs pores...so I switched to liquid foundation. now using

gracious

wht abt givency, lancome or Helena Rubestein?
they've got numerous adverts in mags which I really dunno which one to get.
any comments? TIA!

vone

i've used d lancome 1 b4, but find tat it's not suitable 4 my combination skin. thus i reverted 2 using d prescriptives 1.

pinkylove

HI vone,

Which range of the Lancome were u using previously? I am having combination skin too. So, hope to get your advise as a reference. Thanks

ohstrawberry

Hi, gracious

MAC studio fix is a 2 way cake. Actually it's true that 2 way cake tends to be oilier than loose powder. But if u removes the makeup thoroughly, there shouldn't be any problems. For me, i will scrub my face twice a week.
MAC studio fix provides medium coverage but still good enough to cover my pimples marks.
You can go to their counter to check them out, the first time i bought, the promoter even taught me how to apply evenly.

vone

hi angie,

i've tried both d maquicake uv infini & d photogenic compact. both i find not suitable. however, d adaptive foundation is gd. i find tat it gives me coverage n it helps 2 find my face fr getting 2 oily. funny rite??
happy.gif

roxy_hawaii

recently i got la prairie compact foundation it is really v.good. it has a good coverage helps to cover unseenful blemishes well and minimize fine lines even out the skin tone of mine and hlps to control excess oils. however it cost 108 bucks but this could help me go a long way

babysheep22

Ohstrawberry

I second your choice. I like MAC studio fix too. Medium coverage yet lightweight.

Hawaii

The La Prairie 2 way cake is good as well. I tried that before too, only thing is that the shade I chose was a tad too dark for me. I know this shop in Raffles Place can sell La Prairie stuff at 30% discount. PM me if you are interested.

sillygal

wooo u all use v xpensive make up leh... i am using ZA two way cake... my second set liao i find the coverage good and feels light lor...

lyd

I love Chanel's Double Perfection compact powder, fine and natural and yet covers very well.

reiepl

Chanel Double Perfection is not bad...coverage is quite good. Doesn't really stay long on oily skin though. I have combi skin. I wear Chanel Vitalumiere, a liquid foundation before applying the Double Perfection Compact. I noticed that my forehead will be a little oily towards the end of the day...

blaze

How abt trying YSL 2 way cake, they got 4 out of 5 stars for the her world review recently. I used to use ZA, but found it tend to cake on my skin after 4 hours.

Mayb its becos i hav combination skin, but YSL looks great even aft 8 hours... its lasts and lasts without oxidising. COol!!

crayonshinchan

how about the MAC foundation? it looks similiar to the studio fix.. i have been using the studio fix but thinking of changing to the foundation...

seiko

Ive been using Stila IPF for years now... superfine, plus gd natural coverage. plus the shade 10 watts suits me to a T! never have i found a closer match than that.

MAC's Select foundation is great. Im also using that. now my mom is a convert after trying it herself.

leafania

I use the 2-way cake brand by in-2-it available from Seiyu Bugis, Bishan Junction-8 and CCK Lot-1 Mall. Very easily applied. Packaging is very modern and pretty!

It is advisable to use it together with the pressed powder available in this brand too.

ublur

i using chanel double perfection.. very good.. i have been switching between brands until my friends intro to me.. been using it for years..

v_ni

for those who buy ZA 2-way cake, how you do determine which color to buy?

i mean if i go cosmetic counters, i have the sales girls to help me choose.

for ZA, i know they have testers and the correct way is to try it on your jawline....but still difficult to see and choose leh....

i just bought maybelline, the color was a bit too yellow on me, makes me too ultra fair and the texture not too good. becomes cakey after a few hours.

i used to use body shop, not too bad, but it also gets cakey at the end of the day.

btw, what's the best way to prevent 2-way cake from "breaking up" on the skin? any suggestions?

mindy0514

Hi

I'm new to this forum. has anybody heard of this make up artist by the name of Shanice? I am thinking of getting her to do my ROM make up...
Any recommendations pls?

Min

shanvin

hmm u can try Christian Dior 2way.it has really gd coverage without caking your skin and can really lasting.is very good for oily and combi skin type.i received gd feedbacks from other forums. is really very good. is better than Chanel Double Powder.

for low end side, i prefer ZA.using it for years aready.

shanvin

hi angie..

ya i tried before the lancome photogenice when it first launch.i would say is very natural but coverage is slight - med.. i find it ok only..

mayb u can try CD one..alot of ppl feedback is good.

pinkylove

hi shavin,
thanks. actually i bought one last year but havent use it yet...cos the current one( different brand) not finished yet...
I bought it after the advertsing on magazine. so before i use it, wanna hear some feedback.
thanks anyway...
happy.gif

honesty

hi...i'm using SKII 2-way cake, the original one and not the Power SIgns. Find it very nice, and has recommended it to my sis and frens. They are all fans now. U can try it too. I find that it provides good coverage but doesnt feel thick on your skin.

syun

hi. i'm currently using the Za 2-way cake, but i tend to perspire a lot in recent hot weather especially when i run events.

Does anyone have any recommendations for 2-way cake that is "more perspiration-proof"? i also have sensitive skin too.

thanks for your help.
happy.gif

melgal

hi
anyone here using Za pink based colour 2 way cake? i juz bot it last week but hvn't tried on the colour yet. tot the colour is too dark/pink?? what u girls think? i know yellow based colours are more suited to asian skin tones but when the sa tried the pink colour tone on my skin, it's suits perfectly though. hhmm...now i'm beginning to doubt abt the shopping centre's lighting liao.
sad.gif

shanvin

hi melgal,

if u r fair n pale skin type, go for pink based but the lightest shade, tink is 31 or wat.

i used 21 always for many yrs since it juz launched hee..so far no break outs for me etc.

u can stil change if u haven open i tink

waif

hi

i have combination skin and it tends to oxidise. i need a 2-way cake that can lasts, looks natural and gives me good coverage (most importantly, must be able to cover up enlarged pores).

Any recommendation from u gals who have the same concern as me?

i'm currently considering SKII's 2-way cake. Any comments from SKII users?