2 brothers cannot get married on the same year??"

rachelcheng

Dear all,

My hb's elder brother decided to hold his ceremony on the same year as us. But we heard it somewhere in this forum that it is kinda "Pantang" for 2 brothers to marry same year. Anyone know why? How valid is this? Thks!

not_so_easy

i only heard that 2 sisters cannot marry in the same year but not your case as they are marrying into the family.

depend on how superstitious your ILs are, if they are not than shouldn't be a problem, best to discussed with them and get their opinion to avoid unneccessary misunderstandings.

coolgirl76

Hi rachel
My Cousins (bros) married on the same yr and same day...... hope its helps...... I think its really up to individual ......

dottyback

seriously all these traditional 'rules' sounds crappy...probably pass down by gawd noes who n ppl r still following blindly even tho theres no scientific explantion or logic

if 2 siblings get married on the same year spells bad luck...then how cum couples who dun get hitched on the same year/day as their siblings oso split after marriage? haha

not_so_easy

just my sentiment too..look at many who has chosen auspicious date, day, time...yet most also split after marriage, so does it matters anymore?

as long as at this moment you are happy..the rest is yet to be experienced...

i thot too that happy occassion like this is the more the merrier within the same household....so what really matters?

rachelcheng

Have seek advise from my master and confirmed that brothers marrying the same year should have their date seperated at least 4 months. If not bad luck cos will "cong xi". I am not a superstitious person, however since this concerns me, I'll rather be safe than sorry.. I am a very Kia Si person. hehe...

marilyntay

From what I know, regardless of gender, the two marriages are at least 4 months apart. My FH's sister is also planning to tie the knot soon. Both couples are Christian and we are not pantang. But we will still try to have our wedding at least 4 months apart to be respectful to all our parents who are not Christians.

la_la

Hi RACHEL,

think i am the one who mentioned that, cos my wedding date has to be pushed to 2006 as my hunny bro is getting married in aug 2005.

we consulted "you long zi" and that is wat he told us:

- bro and sis can get married in the same lunar yr as "one in, one out". thu sno "cong xi"

- two bros cannot get married within the same lunar year. Two 'additions" in the same family will "cong xi' . Not good for the couple who gets married later. Not necessary have to wait for 4 mths lapse. Just different lunar year can already

- cant remember if two sis can get married in the same year or not.

I myself is not pantang, but my inlaws and hubby are. To play safe, i push back my AD date as i dont want to get blamed if bad things happen

coolgirl76

My uncle is a fortune teller cum fengshui master.... never hear him say that lei ....somemore my cousins who got married on the same day are his sons
Anyway, the brides cannot married into my uncle house same time.... must be one after another.... when one of the brides reach, the other must hide in the room.
happy.gif

rachelcheng

To play safe, why not wait for another month? You will never know of this is true until it happens. Then it is too late to explain anything if ppl really put the balme on you..

dottyback

hmm i guess its up 2 individual 2 belif wad they wanna belif..whether its juz following blindly even tho theres no scientific prove or juz wanna 'ning ke xing qi you'

honestly, there r zillions of traditional rules 4 a customary wedding n if every 1 is so into belifing those things...then i tink the couple is gonna b very very bz juz tinking who n wad 2 belif

ginko_nuts

Hi all

After reading all the views, I am getting a little worried. My FH's bro and us are getting married in 2005 but less than 4 months apart. My dad just mentioned that either couple cannot be in each others' house to prevent "COng Xi".

Hi la la
me & FH are getting married later than his bro. seems it is not good for us...........Do u knw if anything that can b done to lessen the effect of
'Cong Xi?

star_455

Hi

Just wondering if any of you know whether its no good if the younger bro gets married before the older one ?

jiamin_loh

Hi all,

After reading the thread, need advice from all of you. Me & my husband already planning to have our customary on Dec'06 but his elder brother will be on Mar'06. In that case, is it advisable to postpone or go ahead with it???

cutiepooh

Hi Samantha

Your date is okie as it's more than 6 mths apart. As long as it is more than 6 mths b4 or after, is okie!

jiamin_loh

Hi cutie,

Then I am not so worry liao. Cos have heard someone say is not good for the couples who get married later...

Anyway, thanks for your advice...

kittytiff

hi all,

iam new here, can i know whether married friends can be sister(more than 9 mths) & if she's pregant & will give birth 2 mths before our customary AD can she be my sister cos she's my close friend. Any advise?

jiamin_loh

Hi Tiff,

Heard that married friends can be sisters, no problem since is more than 9 months...As for pregnant lady, better not cos may not be good for either party...anyway, she still can attend your wedding...

Cheers
happy.gif

kittytiff

Hi Samantha,

tks 4 ur advise. Tink beta just invite her to my dinner will do. Now onie scare tat will clash with her maternity.

september

hi there, from wat my mum tell me is tat as long as there is 3 mths apart in the lunar calendar it will be ok....coz mine will be in early oct 2006 and my bro will be in late jan 2007

jlwc1974

Hi Can someone please advise if one brother ROM in Sep06 and another customary wedding and ROM in Nov06 is it ok? very worried ~~"

furnana

my brother's wedding is in July 2007 whereas mine is in Nov 07. How ar?
1 bro bringing a daughter-in-law and the sis marrying out..any advice?

pinpong

Hi all

AD will be in Mar 07, my HB's bro will be getting marry in Aug 07.
Heard from MIL dat my FSIL(dat is my HB's future wife) can't be present when my HB & I reach in-laws' place for d Tea ceremony.
Anyone heard of dat?
In another word, during my HB's bro AD, i also can't b present when my HB's bro & his wife "enter d hse door" for d tea ceremony?

snz

Ok, here's the situation:

My sis ROMM last year but had her ceremony & tea ceremony in Mar this year.

We are planning to ROM soon and go thru ceremony later part of this year.

So do we considered ROM or ceremony time frame that clashes?

millh

Hi

I also have the same problem. Both bro's marrying in in Oct 07 and Nov 07 respectively. So do I have to avoid them when they come in for tea ceremony? Mine is the earlier one

junjun

Hi,

my sis is getting married in Sept this year, mine will be in March next year. My grandma and mum were saying as long as at least 3 months apart and not in the same lunar year will do. So if mine is in March 2008, it will be after the next CNY which is considered a different year.

Dunno how true but since the elders said is ok should be ok bah.
Hope is of help.

cactus_79

I think different elders think differently. Unless you are superstititious, it's best to check with both sides' elders so as not to upset them. In my case, I ROMed in the same year as my husband's brother had his customary.

dearris

this forum discussion is on wan pao tody..

It have interview a few fong shui master including You long zi whom say that cannot have 2 brothers or 2 sisters married in the same year. But one brother n one sister can. he say it will be bad for the one whom married later but ok for the one earlier.

But most of the master say it is ok at least 3 to 6 months aparts.

But some how or rather i feel uneasy.. too late change the plan liao .. my sister married this march while my will be in oct.

they nvb advise remedy for people like us ..

hei ....

supergal

haiz..mine's complicated..

elder bro ROM on 9th June, younger sis's AD on 12th June, my ROM on 24th Oct..all in this year!

whytheskysohigh

Hello all..
caught in the dilemma like some of you here. me and my brother plan to hold each of our customary wedding in May and Oct 09 respectively.

FIL and fiancee follows tradition and believe in having 4 mths lapse between the happy occasions (suppose to be).

some "masters" says no, some says 3 mths lapse ok, some says 4, some says 6 mths.

So what now?!

pinpong

Hi why why why,

Most imp whether u & ur WTB phan-tang anot & to discuss with ur parents, PIL & ur WTB.

what i heard is lapse of 3mths will do

missszesze

Hi All,

Sorry, im very blur here.. I need to confirm again..
One sister and one brother can married in the same year? But it must be how many months apart?

Thanks..

msblur31

Hi,
I tink this is individual. My hubby & his brother got married on the same yr, same date. We had a 'shuang xi ling men' loh.
happy.gif

peaceboi

Actually, my elder bro plans to get married May next yr while I plan to get married Nov next yr.

Now in dilemma cos I also heard two bros cannot marry within the same lunar year. It is fine for brother and sister cos one is "marrying in" while the other is "marrying out".
It will be bad for the family esp members older than 60years old.

Any suggestions?