1827 Thai at Singapore Arts House

cluelessj

Hi Eric... that sounds really nice... do you mind sharing a few photos please (pls email to femme_****@hotmail.com pls replace **** by 1978)... I was thinking of sharing it with my partner to see what he thinks..we are thinking of doing a small cosy event..but not sure how to go about it.. thanks for your help!

pigletshopz

hi can anyone share your ROM pictures in 1827 restaurant with me? thanks so much
happy.gif

[email protected]

vins05

Hi everyone,
Me and my fiance went to this restaurant to take a look and check out the packages.
One of the coordinator attended us and show us around the places. True that the ambience is very nice. But the thing is, he told us we got to spend a min of $3000 inorder to have the solemnization there. I'm only having 30pax for my solemnization.
Is it true that we have to spent min $3000?
btw, we're having our ROM on weekday 2-6pm (Tea time)
Anyone can advise??

candles

Hi, can anyone share the pics and packages with me as well? Glad I found this thread. The chambers, blue room and the living room looks nice...Anyone checked out the hall/champagne room?Thanks to the kindred soul. My email's [email protected].

chewingum

i juz had my solemnisation @ 1827 thai last week.
still waiting for pics and video from my photographer & videographer.
total spending on 1827 for 60 pax is around 5k.
thumbs up for their service, food, as well as ambience.
no regret~!!!

insanelychubby

hi chewinggum,

i've seen the pictures! indeed very pretty! thanks for sharing!

If you don't mind me asking, you did not use their function room? because thai1827 is good enough?
And can i know your coordinator?

chewingum

thanks weeching and natty~
i will provide more pics once i get it from my photographer.

hmmm, we've never thought about using the function room as we only have around 65 guests.
1827 thai is more than enough~
and too, the 1827 thai is really beautiful and romantic~

my coordinators are debra and lynne.
they are both nice!

but, the only bad point is,
i need to prepare a simple PA system for solemnization as it was not held in the restaurant.
it was held outside the main door of the restaurant as i requested.
we bought a 5.1 karaoke system (pioneer) @ 500 bucks.
after the event, we gave it to my family,
they love to sing K~
you can rent one from them, 500 bucks too.

cinditan

Hihi,
I'm planning a wedding solemnization & lunch reception on 1st May 09.
I am considering 1827Thai. Can anyone kindly share with me on their packages and pictures please? Kindly email me at [email protected]
I am inviting around 30 to 50 pax for this event.

tianai83

Hi chewingum,

Can you send us the package which you sign up with thai 1827? Hmmm is there any freebies which we can ask for? like free flow soft drinks? (its a bit out of our budget, so we are trying to scrimp as we can.)
Thanks

chewingum

nope, i didnt request.
why not you just directly ask from them?
more efficient.

i tried their 5 course meal b4,
around 50 per pax.
but my husband claimed that the portion is
a little bit too small.

tianai83

Dear All,

Has anyone try their fine dining package and succeed in negotiating free stuff ( like free flow soft drinks) As 10++ for soft drinks a bit too high cost for us.

Any9ne care to share what kind of things or item we can negotiate with them?

Thanks

twinklesll

Hi All,

Maybe u can negotiate the cockage fees. Also, you can add additional dishes to your current buffet if you want..just need a pay an additional of 3 to 5 SGD per pax..
I'm still waiting for their contract.

potatochips

Hi All,

You can try calling Rasel for their buffet menu.
At first I wanted to book Arts House for my wedding but because their place cannot hold up to the number of guest so I'm holding it in Asian Civilisation Museum.

There is no need for you to pay the additonal charges of outside catering fee of $800 if you are getting Rasel. Not sure why, but it between Rasel and Arts House so we don't have to bother much but to enjoy it at a cheaper rate. You can call Rasel at 92771255, they can even help out to check date too! Good Luck!

fifii

Hihi all seniors,

im planning my rom at the art house with around 120 pax, although sitting arrangement might not be enuff (LOLOLOL...but luv chamber so much so much!), anyone can give any advise or share with me urs wedding fotos ?
[email protected]

cinditan

Hi everyone, we did our solemnisation ceremony at 1827 Thai Restaurant at the Art House recently.
We invited approx 60 guests. (as the restaurant cap. is this much to allow guests to dine comfortably.)
Price wise we paid approx 2.7k

Our coordinators, Johann and Lynn did a great job and they were very accomodating to our requests.
Foodwise, we chose the buffet spread. Our coordinators arranged a food tasting session for 6 to let us taste what our guests will be eating on the actual day.
And boy, it was really salivating. The roast chicken, thai curry, chocolate mousse cake is a must-try!!

Our solemnisation was done at the alfresco area of the restaurant. After which, my guests were adjourned to the restaurant to have their lunch.
I must say the ambience in the restaurant was really awesome. All our guests enjoyed the food and the ambience very much.

We were really glad to hold our special ceremony at 1827 Thai restaurant and we would not hesitate to recommend everyone to hold their special day at there too.

pameley

Hihi, wanted to just say that if anyone is thinking of holding their wedding at the Arts House, I strongly recommend it.

Just met up with the events manager there to discuss the possibility of holding my solemnization in the Chambers (which is just beautiful) and a tea reception in the Blue Room. I think the Arts House is more flexible and accommodating both in terms of arrangements and pricing than they might have been in the past (going by the forum thread in SgBrides from 2 years ago).

I agree the in-house catering is more expensive than getting caterers from outside, but I think this could be made up for by the fact you get a better set-up, using porcelain plates and glassware instead of plastic/paper cups and plates, having fresh flowers for the floral arrangement etc. Besides, the caterer does have a florist they recommend, and this could cut down the hassle for you of having to scout for another florist, and pay for the rental during the set-up time.

Just sharing my thouhghts, hope this is useful to brides-to-be out there.

pameley

Hihi, wanted to just say that if anyone is thinking of holding their wedding at the Arts House, I strongly recommend it.

Just met up with the events manager there to discuss the possibility of holding my solemnization in the Chambers (which is just beautiful) and a tea reception in the Blue Room. I think the Arts House is more flexible and accommodating both in terms of arrangements and pricing than they might have been in the past (going by the forum thread in SgBrides from 2 years ago).

I agree the in-house catering is more expensive than getting caterers from outside, but I think this could be made up for by the fact you get a better set-up, using porcelain plates and glassware instead of plastic/paper cups and plates, having fresh flowers for the floral arrangement etc. Besides, the caterer does have a florist they recommend, and this could cut down the hassle for you of having to scout for another florist, and pay for the rental during the set-up time.

Just sharing my thouhghts, hope this is useful to brides-to-be out there.

bibin

hi chewingum,

Am interested in holding my ROM at 1827 thai. Was having dinner last nite with my bf and the food was really delicious! I tried to click the links which you given but those links have expired. Could you kindly share pictures with me?? Would be much appreciated. THanks!!

bibin

Hi cindy, the pictures are so nice! Thanks for sharing the pics. I couldn't PM you because it's stated you do not accept personal message. I leave down my email here [email protected]
Really thanks a lot!

bibin

Hi cindy and chewingum,

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Both of your pictures are so nice!! You girls really help me a lot! :D

Can I ask you all something? Were the floral set-up and deco done by the restaurant?

My htb 's spoken with Debra over the phone. She actually called from overseas !! (we left a namecard during dinner that night when she wasn't around) She's so friendly and nice
happy.gif

chewingum

hi bibin,
yes, the floral set up is included, you can discuss with debra or lynne what's your favourite.

Lynne and Debra are super friendly and helpful!
1827 is a good choice!

grace_se

Hi ladies, after hearing so many good comments on 1827. I am considering it as my Solemnization venue.Just want to understand, is it very hot at the alfresco area of the restaurant? will the ares get very wet if raining?