13th Dec 08 brides

esther_c

hello,any 13 dec brides this year?let's share as the date nears,help each other,remind each other,advise each other....it's finally down to the nitty gritty...

cheers

cutiephinphin

hi hi!
I'm also a 13 dec 08 BTB... so cool to be meeting other BTBs who will be marrying on the same day.

Lavender, u having ur solemnization done on the same day or you've done it previously?

esther_c

any more 13 dec brides?
happy.gif

pink_rose

cutiephinphin> Hi! My solemnization was over in 2005.....kekeke...i'm celebrating my 3rd wedding anniversary soon...
happy.gif

meimei> i had taken my PS, and engaged VG/PG...now planning my guest list , choosing photos to be included in my montage and selecting march-in songs. My hotel coordinator told me i had select invitation cards in mid-sept. Besides all these, wat else shd I prepare? hahaha

all> Just a qn: If ur colleague in ur dept told u she will be away for holiday and won't be able to attend ur wedding, then do I still give her the invitation card? She's in the same dept as me and quite close terms. How abt the rest? If you oredi know they can't attend due to holidays and all of you are gd friens, shd i or shd i not still give her the card? I was thinking abt the "out or respect" sensitive issue.

esther_c

hey lavender:wow i haven't done my PS yet.
me also preparing guest list now......and yes in the midst of choosing music.SO TOUGH!

think you more or less done everything.have u gone for ur food tasting?

as for ur colleague,seems like she's hinting to you not to give her you invites.coz once u give her 1,she has "no choice" but to give u AP.
are you close to her enough to just ask how she feels,tell her it's out of respect for her...

happy.gif

by the way my solemnisation will be on the banquet day itself.waiting for so long for this day!

could you share more info about ur PS,VG,BS etc?

hahaha

cutiephinphin

hi lavender

oh wow... hey i'm the same as meimei. Having my banquet & solemnization on the same day.
I'm also in the midst of planning my guest list. Not done my PS yet but will do next month. My cards are just waiting to get printed. Now it's just about waiting for things to fall into place i think.

With regards to your qn, I have the same sentiments as meimei. If you say they're quite good friends, even without a formal invitation card, I believe in their heart, they would know that you'll be inviting them. Anyway my suggestion is for you to still invite them. Most likely you won't get AP but probably a gift from a group who won't be coming for the wedding.

cutiephinphin

yes i've engaged my JP and yes will be efiling next month. Time flies... it's just around 3 months more to our AD.

Will you be going for HM? I will only plan next year for mine.

pink_rose

My hubby and I were considering now after the wedding or nex yr june. Cos firstly, the duration from 13th to end of dec is quite short, and i gotta start work in jan. We're hoping for a really long vacation....say 3 weeks. But my hubby has not promised me anything yet, maybe dec or maybe june.
Is ur lovenest ready?

esther_c

hey lavender, yes efiling in sep 13.my solemniser will be my pastor from my church on the AD itself before the banquet.

did u say u send something to my email?i never rec leh.or i accidentally delete?will you pls send again.

Just to update u gers,yesterday and today,(yes i went back to the shop again) to buy my Dowry ,Guo Da li stuff,Return gifts etc

and managed to spot a bedsheet we like and we have to order due to no stock.

also had my food tasting later in the evening...all went well...esp parents meeting.

happy.gif

as for PS,when is ur date?

so exciting we counting down to our AD!

esther_c

hey lavender,sorry think i read ur post too fast..oh u had ur PS!mine coming up in september!any tips for PS?

Cheers

pink_rose

hi meimei, wow..u bought ur dowry and guo da li stuffs already, dat was fast.....
happy.gif
Last week my mom was asking me when I was to buy dowry, and i told her its still early...hahaha....usually for daughter, the mom will give her a whole set of jewellery issit? I also dunno wat to buy....i only know my mother-in-law will buy 'si dian jin' for me.
Where did u buy ur bedsheets from? Is it red in color? Last time i saw one wedding collection from Aussino with those cartoon couple. Besides Aussino, where can we go?
U had ur food tasting too! Efficient~ I was thinking of having mine when both parents meet to discuss wedding matters such as how many tables etc.
Do u have MSN?
happy.gif

pink_rose

meimei, jus to add, i saw in ur profile, u engaged Chris from HiLo. Really coincidental, cos dat time i called Chris to check if he's free on 13 dec, and he said he's booked on this day...hahhaa....so it was you!

esther_c

yes...i did extensive research on GDL,Return gifr,Bed installation ,etc....

my mum already gt me some jewellery....didnt expect tt,was v touched when she "insisted" on getting me coz i really didnt want her to waste $.

bedsheets i bought in chinatown!initially wanted aussino...the other i saw still got stock..the red bedsheets ..scully few days ago i went to see..NO MORE....not coming in that design anymore.both branches enquired already,only left with the KING size...sigh...

food tasting....i am the one who requested it to be done early....im trying to get as many things that can be done early as possible becoz im anticipating little things to pop up...later....

so yesterday was a good excuse for both families to meet and eat!....

i have msn...!shall we PM each other for the email?

as for tables....yesterday we didn't talk about tables....coz we both settled our own sides ourselves...telling our parents how many tables can be given....we are paying on our own the whole wedding....

and yes i booked chris in late 06...now hilo is called ichiro productions.....

happy.gif

cutiephinphin

wow meimei you really very fast. I just settled my bed next will be packing & rearranging my FH's room to fit me & my things in. Sigh... so sianz coz we won't be getting our house at this moment.

So was the food tasting good? Will you be making any changes to the menu items? I'll only be having my food tasting in Oct most likely as we had arrange for our parent's meet up session already. As for tables etc, we won't be talking at all. It'll be settled between me & my FH as well as we will be paying for the whole wedding.

Just went with my FMIL to get my bangle (requested by her). Turned out to be a bit ex so my FH & me had a discussion and will offer to reimburse her abit half of the amt. Sigh... there goes our $$$.

Lavender, you mean now you're looking at moving your traditional wedding next year?

esther_c

food tasting was GREAT!but tell you ah...we all so engrossed in conversations and jokes..we only remembered to take pix of the first dish!...so disappointed when i came home and realised!...
not sure if i can get bernard to take the dishes pix...on the ACTUAL day?what do u think?

might be making a change to the fish dish.....but not sure what arrangement will be thereafter....

but how about the house?wat are u plans?

bangle..is nice!
what do u mean requested by ur MIL?
and must reimburse?

isn't that a gift to you?

cutiephinphin

wow that's good... and especially the fact that all of you could click including the parents. For my parents meet up, it was just between both parents, me & my FH so i won't say it didn't felt weird. But was alright overall.

No plans on the house. We will be staying with my In-laws first.

Well my MIL wanted to get me a bangle for the tea ceremony so she requested that we go choose together coz she didn't want to get something that I won't like. In the end, the choice she made & which i accepted turned out to be quite costly which was more than 1k. I did ask my MIL if it was too costly and I could definitely get a cheaper one. But she said ok. Anyway on 2nd thoughts and after talking to my FH, we decided to reimburse half the amount. But of coz depends on if she accepts the $$ or not then.

cutiephinphin

oh btw... meant to include that such coincidence, i'm with Waikeen from HiLo too, now Ichiro. I contacted Chris but he wasn't available and suggested Waikeen to me.
Haha so you're the culprit!! :D

esther_c

yes yes me the ultimate culprit..hahah coz i book most of the "big" things in late 06

wai keen also just as good dun worry...i have seen the compiliation trailer...was amazing!

pink_rose

cutiephinphin> think u mistaken...hahah...my customary still as

usual on 13 dec....:p i think its a wise choice to stay wif in-laws

first, cos u can save up abit before looking at new houses. For our

case, my hubby & I burnt a big hole in our pockets after spending

money on renovation. But thank goodness, we finally paid our last

payment to the ID and glad dat we're "debt-free". Other remaining

expenses will be last payment for BS and PG/VG.....

hahaha....sighz....all hard-earned money, work hard and all gone into

the preparation of the wedding.

meimei & cutiep> May I ask when u all mentioned " we paid for the

whole wedding", hmmm......as in for the banquet , does dat mean nex

time u dun collect back the ang paos from ur parents-in-law......and

of cos those dat belong to our parents'. Cos I was wondering

usually dats the case for young couples right?

esther_c

erm.....what i mean is both set of our parents will return the banquet hongbaos to us...

happy.gif

isn't this the norm now?

pink_rose

oh haha...icic......i tot it meant both you and ur hubby are goin to pay for the banquet, and not collecting any ang paos from both parents.....ahhh....me blur blur....

pink_rose

gals, have u all decided where to go for PS? For mine, i went to alexandra park and sentosa. btw, pray for good weather yeah, cos dat time my outdoor PS was postponed due to rainy weather. There're pros and cons....good: we wun be so tired, bad: gotta pay again for makeup...heee
During my 2nd appt for outdoor PS, it rained in the early morning, so we can't go to the lallang field cos its swampy. After browsing thru the bridal magaziens, i realised there're quite a number of nice locations, eg: botanic garden(nice waterfall), lallang field at punggol, churches etc.....

cutiephinphin

hi lavendar/meimei

yes my FH & I will be paying the whole expenses for the wedding and banquet. Thus we will be collecting all the APs. Hee... Nothing to be given to my parents or In laws.

Well yes I've been racking my brains abt locations for PS and sigh... till now I have absolutely no idea. What I know is I don't want the common places.

Saw ur PM and added u in my MSN.

esther_c

oh i like the waterfall idea!...lallang!....

i havent really tot where i wanna go yet......next mth coming liao!hahahahaha

currently im doing more research on guo da li,return gifts,dowry etc....

may i confirm with you gers what the 4 types of dried seafood?

pink_rose

meimei> it depends on the dialect grp u are in, i have not heard of the dried seafood items. Perhaps u check in the forum thread? Me cantonese...hee....my mum equally blur in such traditions, all my cousins who had been married are guys! mu hybby is teochew though.

gals> The locations u choose plays a part, but in my opinion, i feel dat watever places u go to really dun matter, cos wats most important is when both of you take photos on dat day, both are relaxed in posture and looks cheerful wif bright n radiant smiles on ur faces!!! And all the photos will look very nice!
And of cos secondly, the standard of ur photographer. If he is real good, he will be able to capture very unique angles and advise u wat poses to have.

Once i saw a very beautiful black n white wedding photo of a couple, and by the side is tall cone-liked trees. I thought it was taken at england, but was shocked when the photographer told me it was taken right at our doorstep - east coast park ! The digital effects and the angle chosen was perfect!

pink_rose

I always want to keep a rabbit! But i heard dat keeping rabbits is equally taxing as keeping puppy at the beginning. have to toilet-train as well...and they will hop around???

esther_c

i agree whatever places we go dun really really matter.....yes....relaxed and looking good....and realy happy...

yes photographer very impt....which PS photographer u took?

as for the dried seafood..i asked my MIL :dried shark fins,dried scallops, sea cucumber and fish maw..

happy.gif

cutiephinphin

Well I understand from my photographer that he doesn't like going to the common places too. So will discuss further with him as well on the locations for PS.

I have 2 dogs and as much as I wish I could get them to be my ring-bearer, I've now given up on this idea. Hee... my dogs 1 is shy the other one too kpo. So think in the end I'll have to chase after my rings instead. I did see abt groom's attire. I can help you check if you like.

esther_c

my rabbit aji is toilet trained..he doesn't stay put in his hutch..he hops around...but we kp the balcony doors closed...after we discovered at my previous home..he bites........my wires...my fridge wire into half!over time!

rabbit will be less taxing as u dun have to walk rabbit.....but i love dogs too..just that right now having 1 pet is enough....especially it comes to changing their "toilet" bowls!