12-14 Tables where to go?

makiyo

Hi Audrey,

What is your budget, i.e. max. cost per table? Btw Singaporebrides.com has a directory listing for wedding banquets sorted by capacity or price or alphabetical order. I have listed some below:

Venue-----------------------------Min.------Min.
----------------------------------Tables----Cost

Jade Room Restaurant-----------------10------338
Yan Palace Restaurant----------------10------338
Yunnan Inn Restaurant----------------15------348
Padang Palace Restaurant-------------12------428
Hua Yuen Restaurant------------------10------468
Century Roxy Hotel-------------------10------508
Si Chuan Dou Hua Restaurant----------12------538
Alkaff Mansion-----------------------10------550
Paramount Hotel----------------------10------550
Hotel Phoenix------------------------12------598
Hotel Rendezvous---------------------15------608
Beaufort Sentosa---------------------10------628
Traders Hotel------------------------13------628
Carlton Hotel------------------------12------638
Grand Hyatt--------------------------15------708
Jade Restaurant----------------------10------788
The China Club------------------------5------788
Raffles Hotel------------------------15------798

audreycharles

Hi MakiYo,
My budget less than $650 per table...
I've made a tentative booking with Hotel Rendezvous...
I will be calling Traders Hotel, Hotel Phoenix & Hua Yuen..Thanks for the information
happy.gif

Hi Pink, thanks for the information :p

seabreeze

Hi Audrey,

Try Meritus Mandarin. They have a very nice room called Act 7 (I think). Its a very very beatiful room which can take a very small group only ... setting is like a courtyard.

My fren had her wedding there ... very special and the food is yummy ....

tigerjes

Hi
With few tables, normally how restaurants arrange? As they can't give you the whole hall, they use partition?

jol

Try Calton. It has a function room beside a garden (on level 4th). Can have reception at the garden b4 proceeding to the function room for banquet. good photo taking area...
The room caters up to 16 table max. Should be jus nice if you have around 14 tables.

gwyen

There are 2 function rooms & 1 grand ballroom in Oriental catering to weddings of diff sizes.

audreycharles

Hi SeaBreeze & Gwen,
I will try to find out more about The Oriental & Meritus Mandarin. Thanks for the information
bounce.gif

Hi Jo,
I went to Carlton, the function room is jus nice..but the date that I wanted have already been taken
sad.gif

tigerjes

Thanks for all the info.

I think not many restaurants willing to hold small wedding banquet. I have attended my friend one, she was given a small open area for the 5 tables and the other restaurant customers were dinning outside.

Any restaurant has special rooms for small wedding banquet, as i don't think they will give you the whole hall for just 10 tables?

audreycharles

Dear all,

Thanks for the information.
I've decided on Si Chuan Dou Hua @UOB Plaza, the place is jus nice... very classy decor & the menus is reasonably priced
wink.gif

tigerjes

Hi Audrey

You have decided on Si Chuan Dou Hua. How many tables you booked? Will they give you the whole restaurant for the banquet?

audreycharles

Hi Jes.

Sorry for the late reply.

I've booked 14 tables, they won't be giving me the whole restaurant...but it's kind of section out from the public coz' there's 2 walkways
happy.gif

elinwokk

Regent, Traders, Shangrilah (Private Collection 12 tables) and Fullerton (Renaissance room 12 tables) all have small rooms also. Do check if you are keen
happy.gif
Good Luck!!
happy.gif

loveluis

Hi bottle,

The food @ Si Chuan Dou Hua @ UOB Plaza is good... plus nice scenery @ nite...
happy.gif

If ur keen u can check with Linda (banquet manager) she's has been a great help through out my wedding banquet
bounce.gif

pinkrose

Hi Loveluis

I took a look at Si Chuan Dou Hua @ UOB plaza. I'm wondering, since the layout is quite widespread, is it difficult to get your guests attention? HOw to entertain all the guests? There is no main stage.

huggiez

hi netty, i think u can speak to linda abt the stage thingy. the other time when i went there, she mentioned that one area could be converted to a mini stage. but still they will open the other side of the restaurant to the public unless u have 18 tables then they can reserve the whole area for u.

huggiez

don tink so. coz according to linda if u can confirm 18 then they can account for the sales for the day. but if 15 its not enuff to cover the overhead expenses. but u can try to give linda a call and see how it goes. she very accommodating wan

weoseek

I think Hyatt, traders have smaller ballroom. Lawry's , Conrad's poolsite are good place if you dun intend to hv sit down chinese wedding

dngth

$538+++ per table....isn't it a bit too ex for a resturant. Also there is no hotel room in the vicinity that can allow the bride to change/ make-up..

ksmel

Hi all, am new to this forum.
Can I join in the discussion ?

Netty, I'm also interested in Sichuan Dou Hua, did you eventually choose this restaurant? How you entertain the guests? Thanks!

pinkrose

Hi ksmel

Yes, I've booked Si Chuan Dou Hua. The manager, Linda, is a very friendly and accommodating lady. No harm making appmt with her to find out more about their wedding package. I got 17-18 tables, so booked the whole restaurant. I will be placing relatives on one side of the resturant and friends on the other side. A bit weird but I feel that it's alright.

scobido

hi netty

is your ad a wkday or wkend?do u know the min no of tables for their wkend pckge?

do u have their weddg package? is it the one on the web?

tnx
happy.gif

dabee

can try Grand Mercure Roxy hotel (opp Parkway Parade) for their ballroom or poolside min 10 tbles. max 25 applies for both venue. range from $500+++ to $650+++.

i had mine at their poolside, love their pool, venue decor n their bridal suite. most guests commented their food is delicious n good serving too. there is a thread on this hotel.

o ya, the ballroom has big pillars same as some rooms in traders hotel.

happy searching...

pinkrose

hi moo

mine is a weekend, saturday nite. no diff between weekday and weekend package. to book the whole restaurant, need to book min 18 tables. ya, the package is the one on the web but linda is very nice, she is flexible and able to change the menu to one that you like, ie you can add dishes u like but of cos the value must add up to be about the same. can mix and match lah.

loveluis

Hi Netty...

Sorrie....for the late reply...as I'm currently not in singapore...

Glad to hear that you have booked Si Chuan Dou Hua
happy.gif

Linda is really a great help.... btw did u change the soup to Ba Bao Tang (8 Treasures Soup) ?

Dun worry about the guests feeling left out...coz they might be too busy enjoying the food....
happy.gif

kristieyo

Hi all,

I do have a wedding package for sale at Carlton Hotel on the 11th June 2005 at the Esplanade ballroom. This ballroom is able to hold 12-16 tables. Date cannot be changed. For very personal reason that I have to let go.

Steep discount will be offered on the deposit already paid to Carlton.

If you are interested, please feel free to email me at [email protected]. We can discussed in greater detail. All transfer deal will be done in the front of Carlton staff.

richard

u may try RiverCity Restaurant at Excelsior hotel .Packages start from 428 nett per table ,a minimum of 15 tables.tel 63399969