$100 for Registrar to officiate solemnization outdoors??

• Thread starter madwoman_in_the_attic
  • Start date

red088

heard from my frend that we can solemnize in the garden where we can walk down the aisle? am thinking not to have dinner but still want to have the feeling of walking down the aisle :p

pinkhippo79

Hi Teng,

David Loh's contact is 9742 5005, he is my JP also

Hi red088,

My rom will be held @ Mandai Orchid Garden with dinner this year, where can walk down the aisle. If u interested u can check out their website http://www.mandai.com.sg/
You can choose lunch or dinner or high tea, hope can help
happy.gif

autumnzy

Hi I'm new around here. Hoping to find some good tips to see me through the ROM process. =)

Hi Pennie, such coincidence! We share the same ROM dates.. What you plan to do? Are you hosting it inside the ROM?

gelaine

Hi Pennie,

You can try JP Chan Kai Yau... Engaged him as my JP for my ROM. HAd met up with him and he's very very nice!
happy.gif

cutiemui

Hi, i'm new here. i plan to have ROM in July 06. I trying to look for a good venue and reasonale price for my ROM lunch.
i hope can have a romatic ROM event, i try to look for gardening place, but, all is very expensive.
sad.gif
sigh...
Any good suggestion?

eelise

Hi all,
I goin to have solemisation and customary on the same day and i having e dinner on restaurant. Anyone care to share how to go about enaging a JP? How's the procedure like? How long does the whole solemisation process take?

sh2006

Hi!

I'm having my outdoor wedding this Oct. Can anyone kindly recommend a JP? I heard a lot about Mr David Loh and will appreciate if someone who engaged him before can give me his contact number.

My email add is [email protected]

Many thanks!!

gelaine

Hey sh2006.

I strongly recommend JP Chan Kai Yau. Just had my ROM yesterday by him and he's wonderful. My family and friends had a good time and all commented he's humourous in his own way. He's very professional and well respected. Very nice old man. Really no regrets choosing him as my JP.

gelaine

Hey sh2006.

I strongly recommend JP Chan Kai Yau. Just had my ROM yesterday by him and he's wonderful. My family and friends had a good time and all commented he's humourous in his own way. He's very professional and well respected. Very nice old man. Really no regrets choosing him as my JP.

sh2006

Thanks Gelaine!

And congratulations. We managed to get JP David Loh to solemnize us. He is really busy and we have to make sure that everything is ready on time! Fingers crossed now and counting down...

eml_

I also had JP David Loh *thumb up!* he is very humurous and approachable person and he bother to come earlier to ensure that the table etc are set up nicely. he has this briefcase with all the stuff! he even help us tie the rings to the wedding pillow. And yes, he sure know how to tease newly wed! He called me Mrs.. and i didnt even realise he was calling me, and the crowd just burst into laughter. *haha*

trixter

hey, you gals are so lucky...

i jus called JP David Loh for my event next year and he told me he'll be retiring next year lei... so sad... now sourcing for other options... good luck to me!!

mclia

hi gals,

new here..
would like to know if I could book a date with rom then look for solemniser?? I read the instructions for filing marriage notice, and realised that I have to look for sole. 1st? Is that the procedure?

gelaine

Hi mclia,

Have you decided on your date? And also whether to hold it at ROM or outside?

Anyway, efiling can be done only 3 mths b4 the ROM date. If doing within ROM itself, they will assign the solemnizer to you. But you wil have to station yourself at 12 midnight to snatch the vacancy as the spaces are limited. Only 14 coupels a day at ROM office, i heard.
happy.gif
If doing outside, you can efile anytime between 21 working days to 3 mths.
happy.gif
No need to snatch. But before efiling, need to finnd your solemnizer first.
happy.gif

gelaine

Hey coco,

In my knowledge, efiling needs to be done at least 21 days before the ROM date. This is a ruling by ROM. If special reqeust, maybe can call them up to see if arrangements can be made?

cutiemui

Hi,

is it means i need to get a venue, then, solerminzer, then efiling? if my ROM date is mid of July, can i start this process in May?

thank you very much! you all really help a lot!!!!

gelaine

Hi cutiemui,

yes get your venue first.
happy.gif
Then call up the soleminizer of your choice to let him noe date, time and venue see if he can make it. If everything ok, get him to sign the letter of acknowledgement then with his licence number, can efile le.
happy.gif

cutiemui

hi. i have choose Peony-Jade as my ROM venue. just now called David, he told us he got problem with the license that he can't confirm with us whether he can become our JP or not in this July. any good JP recommend?

Thank you.

sh2006

Hi ladies,

For those who wish to invite Mr David LOh to be ther solemiser: Just received a call from ROM today informing me that Mr David Loh will no longer be their licensed solemniser from July this year. It's a shame thought because Mr Loh has agreed to be my solemiser for my wedding this Oct and had even signed the acknowledgement form. I have to find another JP, or ROM will assign one for me.

furnana

hello, i a newbie.

I planning my solemnization outside too.
any places to recommend? Cos i oni intend to invite 30 pax, buffet dinner at the same place.

Is Mosanic Club good? Or some hotel by the pool sides?

I so blur...
sad.gif

mzlt7879

Hi All,

I am aso searching around for a place to hold my ROM, thinking of e private rooms by Love that binds or Masonic Club... or even outside like Amara Hotel etc.. for upcoming Oct (about 30pax)..any recommendations? For JP, we need to search ourselve? ohh no i need more recommendations..thankss so much

ahbelle

Hi!

This is my first post in SingaporeBrides.com.

I will be having my wedding dinner next year and we hope to have the solemnisation during the wedding dinner. Is it possible? Any good JP to recommend?

beier

Hi all,

I'm intending to do my ROM at either Grand Copthorne or Marina Mandarin, anyone had their ROM done there?? Do they provide a hotel room for us if we do our ROM there?? I won't be having the wedding dinner though..

chuinyok

Hai, i just join this forum today. this is my 1st msg. this forum is really great and helpful.
my bf jus proposed to me via the channel U upcoming program 'Say I Do'! The whole process is so wonderful, touching and memorable with witnessed by many of our families, frens and colleagues.
we're planning to have ROM outside as the tv program shooting team will be coming over for shooting during that day as well.
Both of us are quite young, 24 & 25, with small amount of savings. So, we're having brainstorming period now to search for reasonable and affordable venue for the solemnisation ceremony..
Any recommendation for us? I tink 5-star hotels is what we cant afford.. sighn..

snowiee

wow chuinyok sounds cool...........

TCS will be filming u ah... when will the program be aired on TV?
happy.gif

Depending on ur budget. The cheapest will be to hold it at love that binds .. otherwise u can try holding at a chalet or a function room/poolside

it depends on the number of people attending and also on ur budget.

usually hotel soleminzation in function rooms or poolside will be $1k + and above.

rosey

Hi Chuinyok,
Wow, be film by TCS
I love to have my ROM outside the centre as well but my hubby was not keen on the idea. So we did ours in the centre. ROM already!
Have yr ROM is the park?
May be you also can find sponsors or discounts from caterer, ROM dress, ring pillow, wedding favors and etc? Just tell them that your big day will be filmed by the TCS.
If you keen on ring pillow sponsor do email me at [email protected]

mifster

I went to the place next to ROM called M***** CLUB
Quite a nice place, u can consider there.
Beautiful setting.

pearlt

Hi Everyone!!

I m quite new here..My ROM will be Jan next yr.. Still exploring!!
CutieMui ur ROM July @ Phony Jade? Can give a bit more infor?
Am actually interested in M Hotel too.. any feedback or recommendation?! Thks!!

jillian9

My ROM should be the same day as AD. E-file is needed 3 mths b4 ROM, can we book the JP way ahead b4 e-filing? How much to give JP if we were to solemnization during our banquet? Are we suppose to invite him to our dinner too? Any good JP to recommend. Thanks in advance ya

pearlt

Hi Jilian,

Yup.. can book the JP in advance. my ROM in Jan but i've made an appt with my choice JP le, then within the 3 months have to E-File.
Minimum of $28 or $38 angbao not sure the exact amt if u intend to invite JP out.. I will invite the JP to ROM lunch but its up to him if he wanna stay for lunchie or not lo.. My JP is Mr Chan, if u need the contact can frm me ;)

whitehooves

hi pearl,

i'm holding my ROM at M hotel this Saturday. Not too bad, the function room is quite ok, and Aaron (the banquet manager from M Hotel) is frenly & approachable. No harm gg down to take a look.
happy.gif

will give u more updates after this sat!

pearlt

Hi Whitehooves,

Wow.. Glad to find someone who can share more!!
I also signed up with M hotel too, like their services..the coordinator's Zul. ur function room is the one upstairs @ level 2 or 3? Lunch Buffet or hightea? I've yet to confirm e no of guests for tt day but reserved the meeting room at basement, then we can hav the basement plus cocktail area more for ourselves!!
Nervous?? All the best for coming Saturday!! ;)

hahaa

hi hi everyone, this is my 1st time logging in. actually, im planning my ROM and AD on the same day and is only going to be ard Jan 08. am i too early to do anything now? any tips or recommentions that i need to take note of anythings? super blur here. .. tks in advances.

pearlt

Hi Sharon,

O8 is juz nice i guess, then u'll have enuff time to plan for everything & not rush at all! better starts early.. For me is ROM 1st then AD in 08 too ;)
U've got ur exact date already? then gotta find Bridal package & venue le.. me also at the starting stage so learning lotsa new things & the whole experience is quite fun actually! muz enjoy the plannin process!

yukikodawasan

Hi Sharon & Pearl,

me too.. I'm ROM-ing this Sat and AD would be early 2008. However, I had not started planning for my AD. Did you ladies choose any auspicious date for the AD? If so, can share with me where I can get the dates? Heard the Tong Shu is not out for 2008 auspicious wedding dates. Thanks

pearlt

Hi OinkOink,

Congrats!! where u holding ur ROM? muz be very excited by now ;)
Me only plans to AD in 08 & no confirm date yet.. no idea how to check for auspicious date too.
But i signed up a bridal package with Bridal Concept & later then source for a suitable date lo.. any BC Brides here care to share??
anyone else knows abt checkin of auspicious dates ma?

yukikodawasan

Hi Pearl,

Thanks. When is your ROM? Yup, really excited. Everything's all set for this Sat. My ROM is at Swissotel Merchant Court. I have yet to sign up with any BS yet. Not sure which is better. But I'm considering White Link.

Ya anyone can share where to check auspicious dates?

Thanks