10 tables. Where to hold small wedding dinner?

windwaver

Basically my spouse and I held a reasonable sized dinner on our ROM date. Now we're planning to hold another dinner just for our close relatives. That works out to be around 100 heads or 10 tables.

Is there a place where we can get 100 pax or 10 tables at a reasonable rate and still get some privacy?

Really appreciate any suggestion(s).

cactus_79

For privacy, you';d need to either get a huge private room (can be down by removing adjacent boards separating smaller private rooms such as Pan Pac's Hai Tien Lou) or a small function room in a hotel or country club.

cactus_79

The Jade at Fullerton is small too but their tables are of different sizes.

Hai Tien Lou is good but not all 10 tables can see each other cos it is a curve once all private rooms are opened. Also not sure if they can squeeze 10tables. They can have 8 tables. Use of private room starts at min $600/table for dinner.

There are many hotels with small function rooms and the pacakge price varies. I'm not sure what is the cheapest but Fullerton's straits room starts at about $1k before tax/table. It can take between 8 to 12 tables. Raffles Hotel's Casuarina Suite is $1108++/table. It takes between 8 to 12 tables too.

windwaver

Oh hi,

Yeah, I was looking at some restaurants but have no idea about country/service clubs.

Also got to find photo package. Actually both me & wife very lazy with all these lol.

genecheng

Can be lazy but don't take too long about such things. Common thing is couples wait till last minute and realise they have too little time in the end for the smaller details in the end. ;)

Eugene

mindbox33

Hi Windwaver...

You may want to consider Seletar country Club. I had my simple dinner with ROM there. There have this function room called Eagle View that oversees the golf course. I had a min 60pax Chinese lunch at ard $300+ dollars.

The sales person email is [email protected]. Not sure if he still around.

windwaver

Oh, we are leaning more towards dinner. Should be able to hit aronud 10~12 tables. Is the food at seletarclub nice?

mindbox33

Hi,

Food is quite good after i tried. You may wish to contact the email above for their current wedding packages or customised your packages. Quite worth it.. heard min 20 tables, got free flow beer liao...my fav...

karolyndoggie

Windwaver,

You should visit Pioneer Spring Restaurant(@SAFRA Mount Faber Club). They have Diamond Room for 10 - 12 tables with stage and simple deco.
The food is very nice. You can contact their sales manager Kenny at 9184 7967. Nice guy...
Let him know you recommed by Karolyn. He wil help you.

daiz

Hi Windwaver

I have wedding package with Holiday Inn Atrium for 13 tables to let go..willing to sell at a discount..are you still interested?
happy.gif

elmoangel

Hello All

The Regent Singapore will be holding their MIRACLES WEDDING SHOW this Sunday, 7 October 2007.

Miracles Wedding Show 2007
Venue: The Regent Singapore, Lobby Level
Time: Registration from 1pm

Show Highlights:
* Exclusive showcase of 6 unique and beautiful wedding themes - L' Amour (NEW !!), la Dolce Vita, Jazz, Dreamz and Chinois
* Bridal Show by Ritz Couture
* Elegant butler passed hi-tea featuring menu items from their wedding banquet menu
* Enjoy $30off per table for 2008 Ballroom Wedding Dinner Packages
* Full waiver of corkage for wine & hard liquor

For registration, pls call event sales hotline at 6725 3333 or email to [email protected]

theist

You can try asian civilisation museum. Overlooking the singapore river just opposite cityhall MRT station. Very very nice place. Accomodate up to 15 tables. You can get catering services from them too or find your own outside caterer. ISS catering is recommended. Cheap and good.

kev0055

I had mine at RELC Hotel's Tang Court restaurant last month Dec 07 - with 12 tables, and they allow us to book the entire restaurant with a top-up option. The food, service, convenience, package and decoration is truly fantastic, great value without blowing a hole in your pocket.

Email: [email protected]

jeffreyl

i am also looking for a place to hold my wedding(close family affair)...maybe 10 or less table.any unique place to recommend?
Thanks in advance

banska

Pk, sentosa resort and spa, the coffee bar or the ginger cinnamon. Or, you can check out raffles hotel casuarina, min 8 tables.

evergreen_23

Actually you can try to Royal Plaza at Scotts..
It's Buffet style and they only allow 10 odd tables.

You may want to find out more from them.
happy.gif

imangel

Hi, I am a new user of SingaporeBrides.I just had my wedding in Si Chuan Dou Hua @UOB.I only had 10 tables but it was very very good!!!Highly recommended!Director of F&B, Linda Loke was very very helpful.Everything was provided for such as the tea set,emcee etc!The food was also very good!All my guest says that the seving was big and taste excellent!They also commented that the view on 60th floor is very nice and the shifu tea pouring is also very unique!I did not pay alot for 1 table,total we spent only 7k+.We opt out the liquor cos mine was a lunch.But still some of my guest ordered and Linda charged us @ a very good rate!We opt out the liquor,door gift,spa voucher & anniversary dinner.In exchange we manage to modify the menu, from chicken to peking duck.My hubby and I really felt that Linda and crew had done a very good job!For a cheap and good, u may try to go Si Chuan Dou Hua @UOB

intel

we planning to get marry in nov 09 - jan 10
small and cosy wedding we prefer.. it can be afternoon lunch or night dinner. can be buffet or table of 8 or 10.

wedding venues for such a small wedding. can you ladies pls give me some advice? we prefer outdoor, garden or pool or sea. if really no choice hotel will be ok too..

If u r selling, wanting to transfer pls email me at [email protected]

tks

ninnamori

hi,
you might want to try siloso beach resort, outdoor or indoor. i've been there recently and i think the places is really sweet. minimum of 5 tables if i'm not wrong. you might wanna go down and have a look and let me know what you think! i'm still considering if i should hold mine there. you can email them at [email protected]

vannezz

Hi, I'm new here. We are planning our wedding to be in earlier part of 2010. Looking at Villa Halia Botanic Gardens, any one done it there before? Pls provide some feedback and what is the price like?

Went to One Rochester before but find that there were too many pocket of spaces thus guests were not really mingling but instead they were in different groups! So weird...

Any suggestions for wedding venues (150 pax) other than hotels?

peaberry

Hi, I have a wedding dinner slot to let go for the Asian Civilisations Museum River Room and River Terrace on 21st Nov 09 or open date. It's a gorgeous, special venue that can accommodate up to 10 to 15 tables perfectly! Please PM me if you're keen!
happy.gif

jojo11

if anyone is looking for 6-9 tables... u can go for marriot.. their prices are good and lesser than 1k for saturday nite... but their package is basic... but good for me n fh cos we dont drink alcohol, luckily they have the nite for hotel thou...
works out to be 800nett for a sat nite, good rite.. normally 5 star hotels they charge much higher when u say lesser tables..

for 10 - 15 tables go for Mandarin oriental...
but its more ex than marriot but have more perks thou...

i'll be goin for marriot cos my tables jus nice 9... hehehe

jojo

honey_greentea

Joanne, do u know wat is the price for lunch then? coz i might do lunch for 100 - 120pax lor. does the function room have any outside view?

jojo11

greentea
marriot ah... tat room max is 90... otherwise is their mainballroom which is like over 30 tables or more i think....

i'm not sure about the view or anything...

you probably have to talk to them if u can have 90ppl max...

for 10 -12.. mayb try mandarin orietal which i have heard their food n room decor and weddin favours is very nice.. for sat lunch is around 850 net.. tat is the cheapest i have heard for 5 star hotel for tat room size..

but for me, i jus make 9 tables... if i had 10.. i prob go mandarin oriental..

jojo

jojo

shirlykoh

I went to Marriott's function room to have a look before. It's very basic, even the deco. 9 tables will be a bit crampy unless you dun mind the squeeze between the tables. But you need to control your guest list to the MAX 9 tables.

In the end, I take up Hilton for their luncheon package. The minimum is 10 tables. Liked the ambience & the price is nett/table.

shirlykoh

Mine will be in Vista coz I like the chandeliers, like the one in Fullerton. Fell in love with the room at first sight
happy.gif
Furthermore, mine will be a luncheon, so will not have the chance to have the evening breeze from the pool.

gaohaiying

±¾ÈËÔÚ¹úÄÚ¾­ÓªÐÂÄïÃÀÈÝÃÀ·¢µê¶àÄ꣬¼¼ÒÕ¾«Õ¿£¬ÃÀ¼×£¬»¯×±£¬ÅÌÍ·µÈ£¬¼Û¸ñµÍÁ®£¡ÓÐÒâÕߵ绰ÁªÏµ92287982