10-15 tables - March-in, Video Montage, Speeches Necessary?

elchwong

Considering tat it's a small n cosy wedding banquet...do we still need to have march-in, video montage, speech n etc?

Is it weird or do we keep things to the minimal? I dun wish to appear to 'kua zhang' wif only 100-120 guests...any1 wif similar experience care to share?

foreverhappy

Hi

It really depends on what you want. But he next thing to consider is where is your venue.

Cos I have been to some place where they do not have match in as the function room does not have stage and projector and no space to march in.

For me I will still be having march in, video montage & simple speech.

Hope this help you.

elchwong

hi apple thanx...i'm currently eyeing Carlton Hotel...have nt really take a look at the function rm so I'm nt sure if there's any of those items mentioned...

foreverhappy

hi

For calton hotel i think its provided and if you are taking 20 tables i think you should go during the
their road show as they provide better perks.

haywiregirl

carlton hotel can cater 15 tables, the function room is near the swimming pool, level 5. Go and take a look. I'll post photos if I am free.took a few last visit. but heard that the food really cannot make it so we dropped the idea of having our banquet there.

elchwong

apple: thks! i'll give them a call to find out...

Bendi: is their food tat bad cos I've read quite a number of raves bout the food as it's prepared by the award winning Wah Lok restaurant...

elchwong

apple: Still can't decide...cos haven't c QX..will only drop by tis Sat to take a look...if possible of cos I wish to have it in a hotel rather than a restaurant...gotta weigh the pros n cons 1st b4 deciding...money is a big big issue...haiz...

dOlPhInE: Thks! Having the montage playing non-stop is a gd idea...I wants something creative but yet nt to absurd n costly becos I only have 10 tables...

foreverhappy

elchwong

if you got 15 tables then will recommend you hai xiang at new park hotel. Good food also. U may view it on sat since u going to FP. New park hotel is nearby.

If you got 15 tables, you will get their bridal suite for 1 day and there is also other perks and the resturant are newly renovated.

Actually i wanted to have 10 tables also. but after counting the no. of guest it hit more than 10 tables after considering all my relative bring their whole family.
quite nice and cosy.

elchwong

apple: Haven't heard of New Park Hotel...will find out more fr the webby...till date I still only have 10 tables but no harm going there to take a look...

Preparing to go dwn to QXFP nw...hehe...

lotus99

elchwong, how abt oriental hotel? I am having a lunch buffet at the garden suite, it is indoor and there is a small garden with swimming pool beside it. You can choose a seatdown lunch also.

elchwong

apple, QXFP is better than I've imagined...fh n I r quite pleased wif wat we saw but we've yet to talk to the person in charge yet though...they have a small function room which can hold up to 20 tables...there's no minimum no. of tables to adhere to which is gd cos I may jus have 120pax or so...

lotus999, Oriental Hotel will be out of our budget n moreover ours is a wkday so a lunch event is out for us...thanks!

pink_dolphin99, my AD will be on the 10th Dec 07...guess I'll oso jus have a photo montage...guess I wun be having any videographer so as to cut cost...shld be ok rite?

foreverhappy

HI BenDI

QXFP refer to Qian xi at farrer park.

Hi Elch

Hi Where have u been? when did u view the small ballroom? my understanding is that you need to have min 10 tables then can use the small ballroom, if not they may ask you to use the VIP rooms. Not sure abt the menu as well cos they are a few others that i have enquired b4 that if u have less then their min tables they will not give u the wedding menu.

You can PM me if u need to ask more abt it.

You mean you have not spoke to the person in charge, was she there when you visit the place?

wyy

elchwong,

not sure if you are still looking for banquet location.

May i suggest you can try look into Holiday inn Atrium. Their package is real attractive and ballroom for min table is 15 avaliable for dinner at nett rate $568 and $668. If interested can email to me, i can forward the package and contact to you.

[email protected]

elchwong

apple, I've been lazy checking SB forum for the past few wks...somehow jus lost the 'kick' in wedding preparation...hehe...maybe it's still early tats y...I shld have a minimum of 10 tables...I've oso got the menu fr 1 of the staff there...the person in charge was nt ard when I visited therefore I din have a chance to tok to her...

Wong YY, I'm still 'browsing' ard for wedding banquet and have already shortlisted some...I've actually been to Holiday Inn Park View so I guess the price shld be about the same rite? I've got the quotation for HIPV....thanks!

yayaneko

hi here
if i am not wrong , carlton is hvg a show today. it seems like they are giving away a free table upon confirmation, worthwhile to take a look. but their px has increased a fair bit. my fh doesn't like the pillars, so we are giving it a miss.

cheesecake0608

hi

for me, i dun like carlton becoz there is pillar in the ballroom and function room.. unless u can arrange ur tables in such a way that your guests will not be blocked.. One more thing to note, in the function room, they dun hv a projector screen fixed onto the stage.. meaning to say, when u need to show ur montage, the technician will walk into the function room and fix for u.. and after the montage is over, they will come in again and take out the projector screen..

elchwong

Hi all...nt sure if u all still check tis thread...I've finally decided on M Hotel...

Ruled out Carlton cos I'm 'angry' wif the ridiculous price incease of $130 per table for 2007 pricing...=p

Ruled out QXFP cos no hotel stay provided so might be troublesome...

Nw I can't make up my mind if I shld have a VG cos without a VG I wun have anything to 'show' during dinner...a photo montage is kind of difficult cos fh dun have much family pics n etc when he was young...cartoon montage's cost almost the same price as hiring a VG so it's a nono...

Shld I jus do away with showing anything n jus march in, cut cake n then makan? I'm fine wif it as long as it's the guests wun find something 'missing'...aiyo the more I read SB forum the more headache I have cos I can't seem to make up my mind...=p

cutecat

Hi elchwong

So basically the guests just go there and eat? I also wonder whether can last til the night? hmm

i also thinking of small and cosy dinner reception (might be sit down dinner buffet at outdoor), so i'm thinking other than hiring jazz band what else to prolong the night. haaha

haywiregirl

cutecat, I ever thought of that too, but I know for sure my bro-in-law will def say my wedding banquet is like a dinner for him as if he is in a "high class" and "crowded" lounge.

I am more careful in choosing songs for that night too.

elchwong

cutecat...mine's on a Mon so I guess guests will oso wanna 'chop chop' eat n go hm early? nv tot of hiring a band cos wif tat amt i might as well hire a VG to video n produce wedding highlights...

ttyy

same here im also having 10- 12 tables, and having a headache of where to hold it.

i dont meet the requirement of the min tables for most hoetls, and even though i know there are 3 hotels who can cater to 10-12 tables, there are not quite suitable, cost per table comes up to around $120 to $150. really expensive leh. think more tables u have, the cost per table is lesser!

any restaurants to recommend with pricing like $700 nett, and good food, and have a private room for my 10-12 tables?

i know club chinos dont allow. jade @ fullerton is not popular for weddings i heard.

kev0055

I had mine at RELC Hotel's Tang Court Restaurant last month. The minimum is 10 tables and they allow you to book the entire restaurant with a top-up option. The food, service, convenience and value is exceptional - had a wonderful wedding there, thanks to the manager, Mr Harry Goh & wonderful staff. The package they offered has the best value and did not blow a hole in the budget...which came in handy for our honeymoon to Maldives.

Contact for RELC Tang Court: Mr Harry Goh,

[email protected]

~Best wishes and finally its all over~

gracelourdes

can give my 2 cents worth on tung lok - club chinois...food is superb...very very good...for our table, practically all the food is whacked for every dish...portion also just nice

elvis

Hi namipandora , i think thier just do at normal marching lo , why you ask about this? but normaly people have, if i not wrong , for my is fu lin men restaurant manager (mr marcus) help me to do .

namipandora

Oh. thanks because I'm not doing a video montage during lunch wedding, not even the march-in too. The lunch is approx 2 hours, but i'll be changing my gowns so i wonder will the guests be bored when i'm away and thought a video powerpoint will keep them entertained, but sharing my pics with everyone is not my cup of tea. Anyway, just wondering what else does other people do?

I'm also looking at 10-15 tables. Restaurants or hotels are all right but most importantly, do they have emcees for the wedding? No emcees I don't know how the wedding is going to proceed.

sad.gif

lovie_dovie

For me, i think that "Thank you" speech is a must as it's the only way and time you can express ur gratitude to ur frens/family members!

carebearz

Mine is also only 10-12 tables and I'm not doing the cake cutting, yum seng etc as I find these activities rather cheesy and very much like a circus act. I am having a cake just for display and then midway the hotel staff will cut it for the guests to eat.

tayy0003

me too! i tot im the only one who doesn't like the yum seng and cutting cake thingy...but would it be weird for guests to be eating their way and keep quiet...?? i wonder...

kinyin

I agreed with Kevin. I too had mine wedding at RELC Hotel's Tang Court Restaurant. That was in March'09. It was excellent, Good food, Good services- had a wonderful wedding there. Really very happy. Thanks to the manager, Mr Harry Goh & assistant manager Peishi and their wonderful staffs. The package they offered did not blow a hole in the budget...Idea for small size to wedding up till 30+ tables. Highly recommended! They are customer pro restaurant. Not like some restaurant, if your table numbers are little they will still open partial of their section to other customer. Tang court won't. Your Big day, Your area. (^,^)

alvin_lee

A wedding banquet is really just a celebration, and being the wedding couple, you are the hosts. You can plan your banquet program anyway you want.

I've filmed couples who did the standard wedding banquet protocol of 2 march ins, cut cake, video highlights, yam seng, etc and yet their presence wasn't felt. And I also have couples who had only 1 march in, no video, no cake, etc, but delivered v good speeches that touched everyone, and mingled with all their friends and relatives very well. It was truly a celebrations and was really memorable for everyone.

So please don't be restricted by conventional practices. Treat your banquet as a party, be sincere to every guest and the results will be fantastic.