07/07/2007 - hot date for ROM?

ayukie

web - i haben do yet i just called and asked for details .. its at far east plaza .. actual details printed at home .. sorwee ~

dreamiez

Ayukie: i was thinking about that also, but my mom say don't need, can just meet on ROM day. like kinda odd i feel. but even if arrange meetup also dunnoe what they can chat about sia.

shice

Is there a need to avoid wedding dinners 3 months before and 3 months after our ROM?

It's ROM, not AD.. not sure if we need to avoid.. coz my bf's side got relative getting married..

pink_piglet

Eh ayukie, what do u mean "so when's ur appt to go down rom ??"
think the next time to go down to the studio will be on 6th of July, to collect the dress, jacket and bouquet. The MUA will come to my house to do the make-up, but have to pay $50 for their transport

sillycouple

I'll be avoiding other weddings pre and post the ROM. Cos I dun want myself or other ppl's wedding to get 'clashed'.

Qian: I already chose mine but only going to make amendments in May.

shice

Lynn, i also not sure.. maybe see if got others who give different opinions..

Paradise, u will be avoiding even though it's ROM? ur's is ROM only right? not AD?

qian qian, try to push to choose ur ROM dress early.. then can reserve early.. maybe after that can go down 1-2 weeks later to see if got other dresses which pple just returned..
happy.gif

sillycouple

Shice, ya mine's only ROM but Im avoiding. Better to play safe. Plus 2 of my friends are doing AD so I think I better not attend theirs. Not nice if I 'chong' them also.

snowypooh

Ayukie, we're planning to have a family meet-up for both families in a restaurant in west area. Near SIM, there's this "paper-wrapped chicken" restaurant. We're thinking this is somewhere unique & it's someplace we won't go often. & more casual setting. If we arrange meet-up in hotels or some posh restaurant, like too formal already. & the coffee shops are too noisy & casual for a proper 1st meeting.

snowypooh

Shice, by right, only customary marriages will "chong" & it's best not to attend any joyous occassions or funerals within 3 months of your big day.

For those that are superstitious, will choose to avoid these events too just to be on the "safe" side. It really depends on the couple themselves. If u wanna save on the ang pows, u can give this as an excuse lor. Haha...

shice

Lynn, we not close to the couple.. it's those kind of not so close relatives.. haha.. Anyway decided not to go if possible.. (my PIL will be gg..)

btw high chances of gg Aussie for a small honeymoon end of this yr.. heh..

Snowypooh, wun be gg to m'sia with ya le.. =) btw i gg genting this thursday..
happy.gif
u need me to get any details?

millh

Hi all

I just got my ROM shoes last friday
happy.gif

I have chosen my ROM gown. Not much choices if limit to white color.

They will do the alterations in May too

sillycouple

Hey ML, where did u get your shoes from? I've been looking around too but havent found anything to my liking or either that its too pricey.

millh

Hi

I went Essex walk, I went Taka, went Isetan Scotts, Nine west.

In the end I bought it at a place where I rarely want to go - Far East. Anna Nucci. It cost $58, It is strappy type with pleats all over and diamante across the strap in front.

sillycouple

$58 sounds ok!

I also went Taka, Nine west and Novo. Havent really seen anything I like. The only pair that I'd consider is at Novo and its at $119. I hope they'll have sale by June. Kekeke

ayukie

i have a pair of anna nucci shoes also .. i think i should be wearing them for rom also lolz ..
my rom gown is pink tho ..
sworoski crystals anyway so worth it bah ... but feels the heel abit short
sad.gif

ayukie

piglet - 21 keychain , 26 hp staps (pink & blue)
10 sets bear for decor
but will reserve 1 set each for meself ...

i just made a basket to hold the favours ..

pink_piglet

ayukie- icic, my appt to do the paperworks is on 4th july, think have to take morn half day leave.

next mth have a relative's wedding, luckily dun have to attend. but sep have a ex-coll wedding dinner, if she dun mind mi going, then shld be fine

web510

ayukie would u mind telling me where did u got for your manicure coz the price resonable, would like you to recommend me
happy.gif

or maybe u can pm me

web510

ayukie would u mind telling me where did u got for your manicure coz the price resonable, would like you to recommend me
happy.gif

or maybe u can pm me

joannee

My best friend is going to give birth mid of this month... U tink i can go?

I heard pple say when a woman give birth on a day, the person who went to visit will not be very "lucky". And somemore my ROM is 070707... Will chiong on the 1st month of her baby's celebration?

U gers tink i can go?

dreamiez

I haven't gotten my shoes yet also. looking for covered heels. those i have seen are like super pricy above $100. sigh.

any recommendations for manicures?

ayukie

web - far east plaza lor ... and i haben do yet i just called and ask for prices .. budgetting mah .. i gg do only close to july 7th *bleahz* ...

lynn - when u wan do maybe u wan do tog ? hehhee

cho

hi ayukie and Pink,
u mentioned we need to go ROM to do paperwork..

wat do u mean? care to elaborate?
i tot all we had to do was:
- efile
- get JP sign consent form
- bring consent form + relevant documents (ic and birth certs etc) on ROM day?

pls correct me if wrong.. =)

also, if my rom is outside, doesnt matter when i efile rite? so long as withint e 21 days n 3 mths?

thanks gals!

cho

hi ayukie..
so "bring consent form + relevant documents (ic and birth certs etc)" will be settled b4 actual ROM day?

and an appt will b issued to me aft i e-file? can i change e date if i'm unable to make it? or i can juz go when i'm free?

Thanks!

ayukie

cho - erm obviously and i think will be gettin our marriage cert tat day also .. hehe can buy 4d liaoz hahaa ...
yeah ... yeah .. u mite want read the faq
happy.gif
think mon - fri after 11am or so or is it after 10am .. not sure
happy.gif

dreamiez

Ayukie: i don't mind, probably if we go together as a group more discount? hehe.

just finished applying for the bi-monthly hdb sale, hopefully can get. *cross fingers*

as for the rom thingy, if we efile later, the date to go down for the declaration would still be a few days before 7th july right?

sillycouple

Morning everyone,

The date is getting closer and closer!!

I'll be DIY-ing the invite cards since our guests isnt a lot. Havent really started DIY-ing yet. Kekeke When will u gals start inviting your guests? A month b4?

millh

Ya I was thinking we go as a group got more discount. Count me in as well.

I'll also go ask around whether any other gd recommendation from friends.

My friends said better do 1 day before 1 ROM, so the manicure still looks new the next day

snowypooh

Girls for your reference (as per ROM website):

Solemnisation on 7 Jul 2007

Earliest Date to file a notice of marriage online : 7 Apr 2007
Latest Date to file a notice of marriage online : 15 Jun 2007

Note: The dates shown are for reference only. They are not for booking of solemnisaton slots at ROM.

'File Notice of Marriage' at www.rom.gov.sg. During filing, you will submit the Solemniser's name and Licence No. At the end of filing, print and read the 'Filing Instructions' and go to the ROM on the day and time allotted (usually 3-4 working days before solemnisation) for Statutory Declaration, verification of documents and collection of marriage documents. Please abide by the scheduled appointment. If not, ROM may not be able to grant approval for solemnisation.

Please do not change the system-generated appointment. If a change is inevitable, do not call ROM but come one working day (Mon-Fri only) before the date of solemnisation at 11am. We will attend to you after couples with prior appointments are served.

Hope this helps.
happy.gif

snowypooh

I'll be DIYing everything. I'd printed my invites already, with the map of venue et al(haven't written the invitees names only). Will also be DIYing manicure & pedicure too. Maybe DIYing my ROM dress too if I can't find any suitable from BS.

sillycouple

I think DIY-ing is more meaningful. Bf is more keen on getting cards off the shelf cos he scared of the hassle. But yest I went ahead to get some materials for the invite cards already. Hee hee After we sat down to discuss the concept, he got excited and is ok with DIY-ing the cards. Cant wait to see the final product.

pink_piglet

Hi cho,
think snowypooh has copied the info for your info. Ya the appt date for SD, verification of doc and collection of marriage documents is given when u e-file.

mi still haven't started printing my invites, think weekend will go look for suitable cards.

snowypooh

Yah, I copied from ROM website de.
happy.gif

Piglet, u can try Spotlight too, they've got quite a good selection of papers & materials.

shice

wah.. u gers are stressing me out.. haha... getting abit kan chiong le.. heh..

I just bought my wedding favours only.. heh..