WASHING MACHINE-which brand is good?

K

kk

snowflake,

sanyo or national is good
happy.gif

forgetmenot

Hullo snowflake..

it actually depends on the model tt u looking at....i think for national,there is one selling at 600 plus..u can try to call Sweetson at 65632308/65668150. the things there r cheaper than courts n harvey norman...

anyone has use thomson top load washer be4?heard tt is quite gd..

K

kk

shjowflake,

natonal washing machine is not cheap! kekee.. i saw a 6 kg national machine on sale at best denki and it cost around $399. i guess the promotion ends this month.

what size u looking for? as i like national, i may only afford to get a 6 kg machine.

snowflake

kk,

was actually looking for a 6.5Kg....saw the samsung one n it's abt 380+ but some said that the samasung one wasn't very good...not really sure which brand to get cos Thomson, sanyo etc r all quite expensive leh abt 600+.....also i dunno whether to get topload or frontload...prefer topload though.....but heard it's uses more water n electricity.....sigh...headache !!!!!!!!!

K

kk

snowflake,

topload uses more electricity meh??? i never heard of that leh. i intend to get topload as i find it more practical. U can open it as and when u like. Imagine if u suddenly forgot to throw a piece of clothes in, at least u can still open up the cover and put it in, unlike a frontload, rite?

I heard samsung products not that good. So i never thought of getting samsung.

Any idea 6.5 kg machine can wash full length day/night curtain?

vous

the "new" F&P is actually a modified one. it's 7.5 kg, top-load and claims to conserve both water and electricity. but costs at least $700... seems a worthwhile price to pay though.

flowee

hi gers

any comments on thomson washin machine???
its muz more ex than most washer...

vous

did u get the new f&p washer oredi???
tats one of the washer we shortlisted...
the sales 'claims' the 7.5kg washer is able 2 take a queen size mattress,pillow case, quilt cover in 1 wash...

if u hvnt get urs can pass u a contact...
their f&p products r cheaper than the 'normal' mkt prices...

forgetmenot

Hi flowee,

heard from the pple tt thomson washer is veri gd n durable.
the sales person at one those neighbour shops told mi tt her auntie have used her thomson washer for 15 ys liao,n still working fine.....dunno ist really true or not.

anyway,i hve decided to get a thomson washer,now oni deciding bet the frontload kind or those topload slim kind..

wat abt u,decide on wat washer to get?

cheerio
happy.gif

flowee

forgetmenot

the thomson washer & whirlpool washer r usin the same technology the drum technology...
the sales person told us he had been usin his thomson washer 4 the past 20yrs...
but the price aint cheap...

btw how many litre washer r u lookin @???
the sales told us 5l is gd enough 4 queen size bedsht & pillow case in 1 wash...
i am lookin in 2 a top loadin washer...

my other options r the f&p washer or the whirlpool washer...

any feedbacks on f&p & whirlpool washer???

forgetmenot

Hi flowee,

actually think for thomson topload and other frontload washer,the washers r mostly 5 or 6kg one...cos my hubby dun like the idea of pressing a button then the stainless steel will open up be4 u can retrieve the clothes,he find tt it will cut the hands...

dun think will take the thomson topload one.mostly will take either thomson frontload or ariston frontload one.

heard fr fren tt for f&P washer,it dries the clothes quite well,but heard fr the sales person in one of those neighbour shop,it tends to tear clothes easily.but dunno true or not.

now my main concern is which washer will make the clothes drier.

flowee

forgetmenot

i am worried abt the stainless steel cuttin my fingers 2...
nt veri user frenli hor...
sad.gif

as 4 f&p heard of gd comments from gers in sb forum & also the sales from f&p sayin its durable & wont tear clothing easily which is diff from wat u heard of...
confused nw who is tellin the truth???

my main concern is the washer shdnt tear my clothin durin washin...
the deg of dryness of ur laundry can b set by the rmp speed...

dopey

hi flowee
front load is well known to take better care of your clothes than top load leh. Thats what I have been hearing from promoters n other users.

I am using the ariston drummer one with the top opening one. One draw back is the stainless steel thing lor. Cannot use one hand to close it. *sign*
But if you are soaking clothing prior to wash, you can pour them in wihout wetting the floor.

forgetmenot

hmm.....ya lor,flowee....everyone has diff comments quite hard to decide...

for dryness will depends on the washer u get,if get one with higher rpm,it means higher in px leh..

but i suppose the frontload one shd be quite gentle to clothes even delicates..

so u hve shortlisted which washer to get?

flowee

dopey

tks 4 sharin ur experiences...
besides the stainless steel 'prob' r there r any other comments on top loadin washer???

i personali wld prefer a top loadin washer but after hearin so many diff comments, a bit blur over which washer 2 get oredi...
sad.gif

forgetmenot

shortlisted f&p, thomson & whirlpool washers...
all nt cheap betwenn the range of $700plus & above...
reali in a dilemma nw...

dopey

Hi flowee,
yes it can be quite confusing after hearing diff view.

When u r refering to top loading, are u refering to those jap models one or those drummer using front load technology but the opening is top?

I m also getting confused :p

forgetmenot

flowee,

i noe...cos i'm oso in dilemma...when u need to get the washer?

i'm gng to get one end of this mth or nxt mth.

my hubby dun like the "stick" in the middle of the f&p washer n afraid tt the function buttons will get spoilt easily.

ya lor,thomson n ariston washer ard 700 plus..quite ex.....but i think is quite worth it to invest in a better one cos it can last you a long time.....

flowee

ordos

tks 4 answerin 2 dopey's enquiry on top loadin & front loadin...
tats my concept of top loadin & front loadin...

btw u mentioned abt electrolux???
care 2 share with us more abt ur knowledge on electrolux washer???
tks...

dopey

ur ariston can load a king size quilt 4 washin???
urs is a 5kg one rite???

forgetmenot

we aint in a hurry 2 get a washer yet...
but need the dimension 4 my id 2 setup my kitchen cabinets...

my guy he share the same sentiments as ur hub...
dun like the 'stick like thing' in the middle & also the buttons looks 'fraglie' 2...

u saw thomson washer @ $700plus???
its a top load or front load???
the top loadin we saw is like $900plus 4 a 5kg...
feedback from the sales & my colleague their washer been with them 4 the past 20 odd & 15yrs oredi...
still in gd condition...

the other brands with the 'same technology' will b whirlpool which cost $700plus 4 a 5kg top load & also 5kg ariston top load...

dopey

Hi flowee,
The ariston which I have is using the front load technology but the opening is at the top rather than the conventional front opening.
It is diff from those Jap models one. Just want to b clear about it
happy.gif

Ya, my is the 5kg one. I never try washing quilt before. so far can only dump queen bedsheet, 4 pillow case. Did not squeeze the quilt cover also. Felt than by including the quilt cover, it is too too full.

flowee

dopey

can i koe the model number of ur ariston washer???
will hv a clearer pixs if i hv the model number coz i hv the ariston brochure...
can double check 2 the brochure 4 more details...
tks...
happy.gif

flowee

forgetmenot

top loadin thomson washer cost $700plus???
which model r u referin 2???

btw u koe the website 2 view thomson washer???
the shops i went 2 they dun hv any brochures...

K

k

Hi everyone,

I have just started using my ariston washer. The one with the cashmere quality. I was just wondering what's the most common cycle you put the wash to. I tried the super fast 30 mins cycle and the clothes don't feel that clean. I will be happy with some advice. Thanks!
happy.gif

catz

Hi k,

I put the 30 minutes cycle (#7 at about 60 degrees) if the clothes are my normal office clothes but if I've got towels etc.. I will put to hot wash (#4 at max). But for normal soiling, I think #6 or #7 is sufficient. Perhaps you could adjust the temperature?

K

k

Hi Catz!

I have only used it 3 times so far. I followed the guidelines given. So I don't think I used 60 degrees for # 7. I think I only used either 40 or 30. Tried # 4 too. What is max temparature? I have also tried #3 at the recommended temperature of 40 degrees. Compared to my old machine, the clothes are not as fragrant for some strange reason.

catz

Hi k,

I find that 40 degrees is insufficient 'cos you need at least 60 degrees to kill germs. I usually set at 60 'cos I don't want my delicates to shrink!

If you turn the knob, I think it goes 30 degrees all the way to 80 degrees than MAX.

What detergent are you using? The best is Persil liquid. I couldn't find Persil the last time so I had to buy Dynamo Low Suds liquid which is definitely inferior to Persil. Makes my skin itch!!!! Also, doesn't smell as nice.

apple

What will happen to the front load washng machine if you use dynamo?

Coz' I very Sua Gu. Didn't know must use low suds detergent.

My Electrolux washing machine is giving me a headache now, my clothes turned yellowish....

cody

apple, i dun think its the washing machine that's causing your clothes to turn yellow. It's the Dynamo.

Dynamo is very very concentrated, and too much of it will cause your clothes to be "bleached".

Try using low suds soap powder. Very easy, just 1 cupful of powder for a full load. You look for the common brands like Persil, Fab etc. Look out for the sign that says "Front Loading Machines" recommended.

If you're wondering how i know about Dynamo?
Its cause i once handwashed my pristine white top with dynamo, but it ended up being beige after the wash !

D

dwarf

hi

What's the practicability of having the hot water feature?
Is the electical charges for hot water feature much higher than the topload ones?

anyone has used the Fisher and Parkel washer?
Pls comment
Understand from the salesman that the quality & energy and electricity consumption is between other topload n frontload ones

alaron

hi dwarf,

i think if i'm not wrong, hot water feature apparently helps to kill germs & remove dirt better.

my understanding is that frontload one is better than topload cos it has a much lower water consumption and the clothes are cleaner.

anyone using Bosch washer? any comments?

cocoabutter

Hi everyone,

I've shortlisted 3 brands of washer and dryer: Thomson, Brandt and Bosch. Any comments on these 3 brands? Any problems anyone of you facing with either of these 3 brands, eg. noisy? It seems like Thomson is quite good, very durable from the above comments. Made me quite tempted to get it, though it will cause a huge hole in my pocket!
happy.gif

W

wm

been using bosch frontload for 2wks. so far so good. it cleans those dirty stain. easy to use n it is not noisy. cannot hear the machine when watching tv in the living room
happy.gif

T

tulip_delights

Hi. i am using the Brandt Topload machine. Cleans well, a little noise. Loves the compact size. Saw in papers today, there is a cut-out $50/- voucher for Thomson. You can check it out

C

cherryale

Hi wm,
what is the model of your bosch frontload? 1600 or 2000? Is the 2000 model better?

W

wm

hi cherryale,

my bosch frontload is 1600 one. actually both are the same n made in the same factory except the 2000 one have a faster spin speed. find spin speed at 800rpm is enough.

W

wm

normal wash has a few kinds... got easy care, cotton & linens etc. the user manual will say what kind of wash for what type of clothing. usually i use the easy care wash n it takes 78min to wash. cotton & linen wash will take 118min.

amber

hi, vm
i'm using the same model as u (used a few times so far). no wonder i find the cycle so long. i hv been setting it as cotton and linen wash. that was what the demo person showed me so juz followed. will try out the easy care next round.

jane

Hi wm,

Wow 2 hours to wash cotten and linen, isn't it a big long? Does bosch washer has any feature that saves electricity or water?

Are other brands of washers the same? I know that front load washers typically takes longer to complete a wash cycle but 2 hour is a bit too long.

I realise that many people are buying f&p products. But not too sure about the washer. This is a US brand right? I thought that for front loader washer, it is better to buy european brands. Any comments on this?

W

wm

hi jane,

tot 2hrs is the normal time needed for most front load washing machine. infact for those daily wear clothes, using the easy care function is enuff. this reduces washing time to only 78min. yes, bosch washer saves both electricity n water. its one of the least water consumption washer.

f&p is new zealand brand. heard tat it is gd. however the washer are big, at least 7.5kg. they are big in size too.

C

cherryale

Hi wm,

isnt there a 30 min short wash function for Bosch washers? I am thinking of getting the same model as you : )

W

wm

hi cherryale,

yup, there is a 30min short wash function. so far have not use tat function yet. heh.. think hubby find 30min too short n dunno is it clean or not. bosch washer uses v little water n we r quite amazed the clothes can be cleaned with such little water!

amber

hi, vm
is the 30 min function u are referring to the quick wash mode (where the machine will do 2 rinses instead of the usual 3 rinses)?

W

wm

hi amber,

yup, tats the one.... shorter washing time n also lesser water consumption too.

amber

i tried the quick wash with my new bedsheets. do u clear the water from the outlet at the bottom right of the machine? that's the part i dislike.