Any infringement of rights with DIY montage?

Discussion in 'Wedding Photography And Videography' started by gre8t_day, Mar 15, 2010.

1. gre8t_day

gre8t_day New Member

Hi,
    Does anyone knows if DIY montage will have any issues with copyrights for songs or even animation clips?
  2. jrimagexpress

jrimagexpress New Member

To add on, even the photographer on photo montage/ videographer / cinematographer on express highlight did bought the lic to play during wedding dinner, the couples can't share it at blog/youtube/vimeo unless the couples bought the lic from the compass directly. Info was confirmed when we had the group conference with RIP/MPS/Compass. Pls don't take the risk before they use legal action.
  3. blinky03

blinky03 New Member

Yes, I agree. Don't wait for tough enforcement before compliance as I believe they are very serious about it this time and they won't hesitate to take action.

Eugene
  4. blinky03

blinky03 New Member

Eugene, my PG, my PG warned me about it for my wedding and i decided it was not worth the cost... so I scrapped the idea of a montage.
  5. cookiekaya

cookiekaya New Member

I am glad that PG and VG are responsible.
  6. angjanice

angjanice Member

ya true true..better be safe and get companies to do wor than getting fined later. [​IMG]
  7. jacqurine

jacqurine New Member

companies to do the photo montage, they will tends to pull up their price pretty high right?
  8. jrimagexpress

jrimagexpress New Member

Another way to save cost is to use copyright free song, as you can share the montage or final video production online freely...
  9. jacqurine

jacqurine New Member

john: oh, how can go abt this?
  10. two_piece

two_piece Member

Hi John, there's such thing as copyright free songs?
  11. smilem

smilem New Member

isnt it DIY MOntage embeded with the original CD song, also cannt??
  12. meiguan

meiguan New Member

13. pocketpig

pocketpig New Member

thanks a lot mei guan, thanks for sharing ..
    one question, can we use the diy music we play? Also need to get license?
  14. huixian123

huixian123 New Member

if we were to use songs for montage which are from original cd, and we do not cut it, is that considered as an infringement?
  15. lovegreed

lovegreed New Member

saw the previous link for the list of VG in SGbride, now i am checking with one record company. List is gone. [​IMG]